Non-Classical Music Listening Thread!

Started by SonicMan46, April 06, 2007, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefullytrusting

Maybe, the tippy-top of thrash, or, at the very least, the one led by the best guitarist of the big 4: Megadeth's Rust in Peace

Air guitaring to this is guaranteed to give you carpal.

Bonus: the best breakdown of Holy Wars:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZsB8PKB_Fk

hopefullytrusting

Today, Audioslave's Audioslave:

Not every song works as it should, but Chris Cornell's voice smooths out all those rough edges.

hopefullytrusting

The apex album for g-funk, instrumental beats: Dr. Dre's 2001

71 dB

I have been checking out newer LIQUID. I especially liked the samples of the Still EP, but unfortunately it will never be available as downloads (forget CD). Only 300 vinyl copies exist (sold out long ago). The curse of liking extremely marginal music...
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

hopefullytrusting

More classic g-funk: Warren G's Regulate... G Funk Era (best g-funk, perhaps, with Regulate)

Iota

The sensationally talented Jacob Collier's arrangement of The Flintstones theme music. He also plays just about every instrument under the sun (not that I warm to everything he does, though do to him, he seems a very likeable/humble kind of guy in the circs, and his breathtaking ability is undeniable).
Was reminded of it by the clip of an undergraduate playing every instrument in a movement from Shostakovich 10 posted in the Composing Forum .

71 dB

I discovered accidentally the German pop band Chyp-Notic and somehow I like their music: It combines 80s synth pop and eurodance of early 90s in a way that works for me surprisingly well. The music incorporates a lot of the mood of the music from that era when I got into music listening and appears nostalgic to me for that reason. I even ordered the albums Nothing Compares, 1990 and I Can't Get Enough, 1992 on CD. So much easier than sunshine pop of early 70s!  8)

I got interested of exploring German (and central European) bands of the era, because it seems to be easy to get that music on CD from Germany used. I am listening to Sandra now on Spotify, but her music seems a bit bland to my ears. Her hit song Everlasting Love played a lot on radio around 1987 and is semi-nostalgic to me and the song Loreen is nice, but otherwise the music doesn't do much for me (I have listened to her first and third albums from 1985 and 1987 so far).
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Pohjolas Daughter

Some tracks from George Harrison's "Live in Japan".  Including While My Guitar Gently Weeps...a moving rendition of a great song.
Pohjolas Daughter

SimonNZ

hopefullytrusting

Been looping Modern Fears by Electric Youth and Pilotpriest from the Come True soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woSc2_xE7KI

Really, been looping the entire soundtrack.

Electric Youth is my favorite band, and I don't think it is even close. :-)

AnotherSpin

Peter Power Pop

Pohjolas Daughter

Richard Thompson:  Acoustic Classics

So many classics.  His talent and intelligence...what can I say.
Pohjolas Daughter