Author Topic: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)  (Read 1053865 times)

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
Mick Mulvaney (WH Chief of Staff and Director of the Office of Management and Budget) is going down — and I don't just mean on Donald Trump. Leaks from recent testimony by State Department personnel suggest that Mulvaney, in his capacity as OMB Director, was responsible for holding up military appropriations to Ukraine as part of Trump's criminal conspiracy to extort campaign assistance from a foreign power.

In this WH no one wants to be the Julia. Let all fingers point.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 Waterfox/56.2.13

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
If this is so, then why do you complain abut the US getting out of Syria?

I am not complaining about the US getting out of Syria, I am complaining about the idiotic way Trump is doing it. He should have consulted UN or Syrian forces to come to support the Kurds before US gets out so that Turkey can't attack.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
     In the past there have been references in the media to Rudy's work with the Mujahadeen-e-Khalq (MEK), an Iranian opposition group with a terrorist past. I thought it was odd without ever focusing on it.

Giuliani's work for Iranian group with bloody past could lead to more legal woes

Karim Sadjadpour, an Iran expert with the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, described the organization as a fringe group with mysterious benefactors that garners scant support in its home country.

“Their population in Iran hovers between negligible and nill,” Sadjadpour said.

Still, the MEK’s roster of supporters includes an array of prominent Americans: former FBI Director Louis Freeh; former Democratic governors and presidential candidates Howard Dean and Bill Richardson; Trump's former national security adviser John Bolton; and former Obama national security adviser James L. Jones.

These days being a foreign agent is less OK. TrumPutin has people on edge, understandably so.

I am not complaining about the US getting out of Syria, I am complaining about the idiotic way Trump is doing it. He should have consulted UN or Syrian forces to come to support the Kurds before US gets out so that Turkey can't attack.

He could have consulted U.S. forces even before that. Instead Trump opted to extend "endless war" into areas where we were effectively keeping the peace. Great job!
« Last Edit: Today at 08:49:32 AM by drogulus »
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 Waterfox/56.2.13

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning

In which case your boilerplate was an especial waste of good oxygen.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
     In the past there have been references in the media to Rudy's work with the Mujahadeen-e-Khalq (MEK), an Iranian opposition group with a terrorist past. I thought it was odd without ever focusing on it.

Giuliani's work for Iranian group with bloody past could lead to more legal woes

Karim Sadjadpour, an Iran expert with the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, described the organization as a fringe group with mysterious benefactors that garners scant support in its home country.

“Their population in Iran hovers between negligible and nill,” Sadjadpour said.

Still, the MEK’s roster of supporters includes an array of prominent Americans: former FBI Director Louis Freeh; former Democratic governors and presidential candidates Howard Dean and Bill Richardson; Trump's former national security adviser John Bolton; and former Obama national security adviser James L. Jones.

These days being a foreign agent is less OK. TrumPutin has people on edge, understandably so.

He could have consulted U.S. forces even before that. Instead Trump opted to extend "endless war" into areas where we were effectively keeping the peace. Great job!

Why should Trump consult anyone, he already knows it all. Mr "I've got a great gut feel."

Separately, he "awards" the G-7 meeting to Mar-a-Lago. The self-enrichment will run apace until his pathetic arse is in stir.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
Why should Trump consult anyone, he already knows it all. Mr "I've got a great gut feel."

Separately, he "awards" the G-7 meeting to Mar-a-Lago. The self-enrichment will run apace until his pathetic arse is in stir.

Let's not let this impeachment thing get out of hand, OK? There should be only 3 articles of impeachment:

I Insane Clown

II Evil Clown

III Greedy Clown

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
    • Soundcloud
In which case your boilerplate was an especial waste of good oxygen.

What boilerplate are you talking about?

My Sound Cloud page

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
What boilerplate are you talking about?

Yada yada oligarchy
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
    • Soundcloud
Yada yada oligarchy

I don't know how talking about oligarchy is wasting oxygene, but whatever...  ::)

My Sound Cloud page

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member

In other words, he should have brokered an international politico-military agreement between conflicting, possibly irreconcilable parties, and seen to it that it was implemented exactly as agreed. Besides being far above his diplomatic capacities (actually, far above any living person's diplomatic capacities) such a thing would have required months, possibly years of negotiations with no certain outcome. Don't you realize the absurdity of this suggestion?
I compose music because I must give expression to my feelings, just as I talk because I must give utterance to my thoughts. --- Rachmaninoff

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
In other words, he should have brokered an international politico-military agreement between conflicting, possibly irreconcilable parties, and seen to it that it was implemented exactly as agreed. Besides being far above his diplomatic capacities (actually, far above any living person's diplomatic capacities) such a thing would have required months, possibly years of negotiations with no certain outcome. Don't you realize the absurdity of this suggestion?

Yes,a very difficult task even for someone who actually has negotiating skill.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970

People on the ground are better able to make decisions they can enforce because they have guns, and if one of the parties is the U.S. it won't require as much massacre. Fighting ISIS and protecting the Kurdish zone at the same time was an accomplishment worth preserving.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
     Fighting ISIS and protecting the Kurdish zone at the same time was an accomplishment worth preserving.

I asked before but got no concrete answer: were there any specific objectives officially laid down when the US troops were deployed in Syria?
I compose music because I must give expression to my feelings, just as I talk because I must give utterance to my thoughts. --- Rachmaninoff

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
    • Soundcloud

No, I don't. If you can't come to an agreement then don't leave. It was a small group of souldiers anyway. The US have massive troops all over the middle east ready to come home without ramifications as serious as in the Northern Syria. "Anti-war Trump" has sent thousands of troops to Saudi-Arabia while bringing a few soldiers back from N. Syyria.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
I asked before but got no concrete answer: were there any specific objectives officially laid down when the US troops were deployed in Syria?

I'm certain there were. No doubt they evolved as the war progressed. We and the Kurds fought all the way from Mosul in Iraq to Raqqa in Syria to destroy ISIS from 2014 until a few days ago.

Combined Joint Task Force – Operation Inherent Resolve

The countries that directly participated in this part of the campaign were the United States (accounting for 75-80% of airstrikes on its own), Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Jordan, Belgium, the Netherlands, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and the United Kingdom.

Offline BasilValentine

• Veteran member
Through freedom of information requests, Pro Publica has found evidence of what looks like systematic tax fraud by the Trump Organization:

https://www.propublica.org/article/trump-inc-podcast-never-before-seen-trump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

Of course, all of Trump's seed money was a product of tax fraud years ago, but this is evidence of fraud not subject to the statute of limitations.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:03:27 PM by BasilValentine »

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970

"Anti-war Trump" has sent thousands of troops to Saudi-Arabia while bringing a few soldiers back from N. Syyria.

Trump unvirtuously signaled his support for MBS, though given the attack on the oil facilities it's generic statecraft to do this kind of thing.

We might stop the Yemen war and sink some IRG navy boats. The war is stoppable and so are the boats.