Last Movie You Watched

Started by Drasko, April 06, 2007, 07:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Quote from: Ken B on August 31, 2019, 02:27:02 PM
This one should count double — taking two for the team.

Truly.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

SimonNZ

continuing with the Hirokazu Kore-eda filmography

two families of different socio-economic backgrounds respond to the news that their sons were switched at birth

greg

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on August 31, 2019, 02:30:13 PM
Last night: Inglorious Bastards (never can remember his misspellings)
Just watched this.

Can't say it was as entertaining as I thought it would have been. Idk... just meh.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Madiel

Watched Hidden Figures last night. I couldn't say no to a movie starring Janelle Monae.

It's mostly just... nice. Although for some mysterious reason there seemed to be something in my eye around the time of a wedding proposal...

In real life, Katherine Goble Johnson is now aged 101 and still married.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

aligreto

The Boat that Rocked

This is a really very entertaining film about a pirate radio station based on an offshore ship in the 1970's. The characters are both entertaining and believable. Well worth a watch and the music is great [if you are of a certain vintage].

Karl Henning

quote author=greg link=topic=33.msg1231247#msg1231247 date=1567315083]
Just watched this.

Can't say it was as entertaining as I thought it would have been. Idk... just meh.
[/quote]

Christoph Waltz was the superior cast member.

Nevertheless, I don't see myself coming back for a second viewing
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

George

Quote from: aligreto on September 01, 2019, 04:40:08 AM
The Boat that Rocked

This is a really very entertaining film about a pirate radio station based on an offshore ship in the 1970's. The characters are both entertaining and believable. Well worth a watch and the music is great [if you are of a certain vintage].

Loved that one!
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

aligreto

milk

Two really exquisite films I'd never seen before.

drogulus

Inglorious Basterds is considered one of QT's best by considerers, up there with Jackie Brown which probably ranks No. 1.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Karl Henning

Quote from: drogulus on September 05, 2019, 11:30:00 AM
     Inglorious Basterds is considered one of QT's best by considerers, up there with Jackie Brown which probably ranks No. 1.

So saith de vrouw van mijn vriend. I recuse myself from the question of Tarantino's #1. Only saying I shan't need to watch it again.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Brahmsian

Quote from: drogulus on September 05, 2019, 11:30:00 AM
[/b]

Jackie Brown is probably still my favourite.

SimonNZ

a masterpiece - the best thing I've seen by Hirokazu Kore-eda, I rate it even higher than Shoplifters

Todd

The Wandering Earth.  I've not seen very many new movies this year, so I wanted to see one of the biggest blockbusters of the year.  So, you see, the sun, it's getting bigger.  Like so much bigger.  It's gonna destroy the earth.  That's bad.  So humanity pulls together to build some big ol' honkin' thrusters around the planet to move the earth into the orbit of another star.  Because, yeah, that'd work.  This here flick, available on Netflix, is dubbed, which is precisely the wrong way to present foreign language films, especially if at some point the viewer really doesn't want to know what type of stupid dialogue the actors utter.  The film looks slick, though there's no way to make some of this look non-cartoonish.  Hollywood producers and lawyers should be furious and should drag their Chinese counterparties to court in a jurisdiction with meaningful enforcement mechanisms, because Chinese filmmakers have caught up to their Cali brethren when it comes to making shitty blockbusters, and that's Hollywood's domain.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Daverz

The Endless

[asin] B07BLJ976L[/asin]

Well done indie horror/sci-fi.

drogulus

Quote from: Daverz on September 08, 2019, 12:03:46 PM
The Endless

[asin] B07BLJ976L[/asin]

Well done indie horror/sci-fi.

Yes, it is. I got the ending wrong, something one of the brothers says went right by me.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

aligreto

The Invisible Guest

This is a good thriller about what happens when events get out of control and also the lies told to cover up events. This one has a good story, good acting and a good twist at the end. Well worth a watch if you do not mind subtitles.

aligreto

Quote from: milk on September 04, 2019, 04:37:56 PM

Two really exquisite films I'd never seen before.

Excellent films indeed.

aligreto