Last Movie You Watched

Started by Drasko, April 06, 2007, 07:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drasko

facehugger

sunshine

it was awesome, actually. really interesting visuals/conceit, nice acting. one MAJOR plot twist (which i shan't ruin) is slightly incongruous and doesn't quite come off, but all in all a wonderful movie

SonicMan46

Quote from: facehugger on April 06, 2007, 12:45:17 PM
sunshine

it was awesome, actually. really interesting visuals/conceit, nice acting. one MAJOR plot twist (which i shan't ruin) is slightly incongruous and doesn't quite come off, but all in all a wonderful movie

FH - please clarify?  Do you mean the film below left? Or, Little Miss Sunshine?  I've not seen the former film, so would be of interest - thanks.   :)

SonicMan46

Quote from: facehugger on April 06, 2007, 04:24:00 PM
neither

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448134/

Hmmm - from your link, the release date in the USA (my location) is September '07, i.e. into our 'future' like the film - assume you saw the movie 'across the pond'?  ;)

facehugger

Bogey

Quote from: facehugger on April 06, 2007, 04:33:20 PM
you should be a detective

In many ways our friend SonicMan is just that.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

SonicMan46

Elvis Presley movies - do you like any of them?  If so, which are your favorites?

I own nearly 1000 DVDs (3/4 purchased; 1/4 'burned' to DVD-R), but own only one Elvis film, Follow That Dream - why?  Well, it is from '62, he was playing a comedic role, the supporting cast was good (including Arthur O'Connell), and the film is just fun to watch for me; I have a number of earlier movies coming from Netflix, the first watched last night was Flaming Star (1960).

Of course, those '50s films are probably some of his best, i.e. Jailhouse Rock (1957) - but take a look at the list of his films (30+) on the IMDB Site - any favorites?   :D

Iago

'Debbie Does Dallas"
"Behind the Green Door"

Neither will ever win an "Oscar", but they were fairly stimulating :)
"Good", is NOT good enough, when "better" is expected

mahlertitan

you guys got to watch this movie
Beijing Bicycle, one of the better movies i have seen in months
http://imdb.com/title/tt0276501/

Bogey

Quote from: mahlertitan on April 07, 2007, 07:36:42 AM
you guys got to watch this movie
Beijing Bicycle, one of the better movies i have seen in months
http://imdb.com/title/tt0276501/

Just put it at the top of my queue...should be here next week.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Danny

Bresson's Au Hasard Balthazar.  Like other films made by him, I feel that I need a second viewing to really digest it.  But, there's those typical Bressonian scenes that you see once and just can't forget.

toledobass

Just got back from Grindhouse.  Both movies were a great time.  Fun viewing.

Allan

orbital

Had my doubts as the films stars Jason Biggs. But you can always (well, almost always) trust Woody to come up with something smart. This was a quite good Woody flick with well written characters and dialogues, and Ms Ricci was very good as always.

mahlertitan

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Wendell_E

I got this French film from Netflix because my niece saw it and want to know what some of the classical vocal pieces used in it were (one of the characters in the film's a voice student).  Not bad.

Varg

Crank!

That is one funny/brutal movie. I'm not exactly a laughing man, but i LMAO the whole time. Gotta rent that movie again!

Haffner

I watched both "Jesus of Nazareth" and "The Passion" this week. Overall I found "Jesus..." to be the overall better film. Mel Gibson overdid the "falling" portion of the Mass.

I must comment that I enjoyed the portion of the actual "Passion" much more when I watched it with the sound off and the "Missa Solemnis" Kyrie and Sanctus playing instead.

SonicMan46

Couple of Netflix rentals the last few nights:

My Super Ex-Girlfriend (2006) w/ Uma Thurman & Luke Wilson - well, I like Uma, but this film just couldn't keep my interest (probably just gave it an OK on Netflix); now OTOH, watching her in The Producers did hold my interest to the very end -  :P :D  (Even bought the movie, although the original is unbeatable!)

The Protector (2006) w/ Tony Jaa et al - not sure how to even describe this flick - martial arts, save the endangered species, hurray for elephants, and even comedic - the 'bone-crushing' scenes esp. at the end were ridiculous but kept your interest (hope they had an orthopedic clinic nearby!) - but I must say that watching Jaa 'in action' was impressive; so, if you like these 'martial arts' films, then worth a watch -  :)

goboenomo

Good to know you loved my topic this much.  :)