My jaws are still hurting.
One of the best films Candy made.

Haffner

Quote from: Harry on April 11, 2007, 04:31:05 AM
Uncle Buck!
Massive fun!
My jaws are still hurting.
One of the best films Candy made.

I love Uncle Buck! Especially the clown incident. Also love "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".

Harry

Quote from: Haffner on April 11, 2007, 05:04:33 AM

I love Uncle Buck! Especially the clown incident. Also love "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".

Or what about the first bang of the car at the school huh?
Or when he opens his closet and a avalanche of things comes down, and at the end the bowling ball! ;D

Haffner

Quote from: Harry on April 11, 2007, 05:14:19 AM
Or what about the first bang of the car at the school huh?
Or when he opens his closet and a avalanche of things comes down, and at the end the bowling ball! ;D

(laughing) My lady hasn't seen "Uncle Buck" yet, so I believe I'll introduce her to it tonight. I just introduced her to Steve Martin's "The Jerk" the other day and she loved it!

Sometimes there are benefits in having a younger woman as a lover...

Harry

Quote from: Haffner on April 11, 2007, 05:18:38 AM

Sometimes there are benefits in having a younger woman as a lover...

I know that full well.............

Haffner

Quote from: Harry on April 11, 2007, 05:28:27 AM
I know that full well.............

Because I have been abusing emoticons lately, I send you a wink and a friendly, knowing smile Harry!

karlhenning

Quote from: Haffner on April 11, 2007, 05:18:38 AM
(laughing) My lady hasn't seen "Uncle Buck" yet, so I believe I'll introduce her to it tonight. I just introduced her to Steve Martin's "The Jerk" the other day and she loved it!

Ah, the profound tragedy of the Opti-Grabâ„¢!!

Did you know, Andy, that at imdb.com the Plot Keywords for The Jerk include:

QuoteWhite Male Pretending To Be Black / Nipple Slip / Music / Disco / Tragedy

Well, didja?  ;D

Haffner

Quote from: karlhenning on April 11, 2007, 05:41:24 AM
Ah, the profound tragedy of the Opti-Grabâ„¢!!

Did you know, Andy, that at imdb.com the Plot Keywords for The Jerk include:

Well, didja?  ;D

I'm laughing like crazy, Karl, thanks!

orbital

very nice, and the Criterion transfer is one of the best I've ever seen (although the movie is form the 80's it looks as if it was completely shot in digital)

Maciek

(The Last Samurai, 2001)

Hilarious!

Eh...?

What do you mean it isn't supposed to be a comedy...?

Maciek

Bunny

Quote from: MrOsa on April 11, 2007, 12:51:43 PM

(The Last Samurai, 2001)

Hilarious!

Eh...?

What do you mean it isn't supposed to be a comedy...?

Maciek

Did no one warn poor Tommy to beware of land wars in Asia?

Bunny

Quote from: Drasko on April 11, 2007, 09:35:19 AM

Is that still around?  I can remember seeing that when it first came out.  Impressive the first time, but less so on second viewing.  The symbolism, the metaphor of the family for the German nation, etc. all grew a bit heavy especially with the emphasis on the sexual perversions of certain family members.  Visually striking, but in the end not as satisfying when the shock of the images wore off.

Solitary Wanderer

Just watched two Woody Allen flicks from the 70s. Both were excellent. He really was ahead of his time as the dialogue is still relevant and very funny.

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Maciek

Love them both! It's about time I got copies of my own...

Daverz

Solitary Wanderer

Not a movie but we're currently watching Boston Legal Season 2 on DVD boxset [the only way to watch TV shows] and throughly enjoying it. Great to see 'older' actors well represented, excellent witty and intelligent dialogue and hilarious black humour. Season 1 was got and got better; season 2 is wonderful.

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

SonicMan46

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on April 12, 2007, 03:46:54 PM
Just watched two Woody Allen flicks from the 70s. Both were excellent. He really was ahead of his time as the dialogue is still relevant and very funny.

SW - own most of Woody's films, and saw most when released originally - the two that you picture above are probably the TOP favorites for my wife & I - we have a real special fondness for Annie Hall (may be it's our mixed Jewish-Christian backgrounds - not our current beliefs, BTW) - now, we must watch those films soon - don't want to start a new thread, but have you seen Broadway Danny Rose & Hannah & Her Sisters?  Probably our two other favorites of his output!   :D

Solitary Wanderer

Quote from: SonicMan on April 12, 2007, 04:52:37 PMhave you seen Broadway Danny Rose & Hannah & Her Sisters?  Probably our two other favorites of his output!   :D

No, I don't think we have but I'll add them to my list.

Thanks for mentioning them :)