As I Have Received Some Encouragement From Other Members --- I'm Back

Started by Glass FX, May 07, 2024, 08:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glass FX

Hello All,

Most of you will remember me as Mirror Image, but I decided to come back after some messaging back-and-forth with SymphonicAddict on another forum. I was also encouraged by Lisztianwagner to come back.

For those that loathe the sight of me, I hope we can let bygones be bygones and look ahead to the future. Life's too short to hold grudges, so let's bury the hatchet and start over.

Lisztianwagner

"You cannot expect the Form before the Idea, for they will come into being together." - Arnold Schönberg

classicalgeek

So glad you're back! As always, looking forward to your posts!
So much great music, so little time...

Original compositions and orchestrations: https://www.youtube.com/@jmbrannigan

steve ridgway

Welcome back John! I enjoyed following your exploration of classical music, it's interesting and encouraging to see how one's tastes can gradually widen 8) .

Holden

Welcome back John, looking forward to your contributions.
Cheers

Holden

Roasted Swan

Quote from: Glass FX on May 07, 2024, 08:32:33 PMHello All,

Most of you will remember me as Mirror Image, but I decided to come back after some messaging back-and-forth on another forum with SymphonicAddict, but also Lisztianwagner.

For those that loathe the sight of me, I hope we can let bygones be bygones and look ahead to the future. Life's too short to hold grudges, so let's bury the hatchet and start over.

I for one always enjoyed your insights and passion so welcome back.  And if we always all agreed wouldn't the world be a dull place (DON'T agree!!!!  ;) )

Florestan

Welcome back, John! I knew you would return eventually. As you can see, you've been missed by some of us.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

prémont

A warm welcome from me too. :)  You know, GMG isn't the same without you.
Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

Glass FX

Thank you all for the warm reception! I'm probably not going to post as much as I did in the past, but I'll at least try to post fairly regularly.

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Papy Oli

Olivier

Glass FX

Well, this forum has changed and not for the better. I'm going back to the other forum. Bon voyage.

steve ridgway

Quote from: Glass FX on May 08, 2024, 08:06:20 AMWell, this forum has changed and not for the better. I'm going back to the other forum. Bon voyage.

Oh, he didn't quite last twelve hours! Was it something someone said? ::)

Karl Henning

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 08, 2024, 08:15:05 AMOh, he didn't quite last twelve hours! Was it something someone said? ::)
And there were so many warm welcomes in this thread, too.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Spotted Horses

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 08, 2024, 08:15:05 AMOh, he didn't quite last twelve hours! Was it something someone said? ::)

Not enough laudatory replies on this thread? Oh well, carry on.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Bachtoven

Dang! Even I have lasted longer than that!!
Audio: B&W 803D3, SVS Ultra 13, McIntosh MA9000, Mark Levinson No.5101, Roon Nucleus Plus, Denafrips Venus II, VPI Prime Signature, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Focal Stellia, Sennheiser HD800S

steve ridgway

Do you get more likes on TC? I signed up a while ago out of curiosity when there was some discussion of the most prolific poster there but never actually posted anything myself.

prémont

Quote from: Glass FX on May 08, 2024, 08:06:20 AMWell, this forum has changed and not for the better. I'm going back to the other forum. Bon voyage.

It seems that MI has not changed for the better either.

::)  ::)  ::)
Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 08, 2024, 08:34:30 AMDo you get more likes on TC? I signed up a while ago out of curiosity when there was some discussion of the most prolific poster there but never actually posted anything myself.

I'm also registered but non-participating there. TC is fine, but I find the format non-ideal because it is divided into far to many sub-boards, which makes it hard for me to keep track of what is being discussed.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington