Started by Glass FX, May 07, 2024, 08:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Gurn Blanston

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Jo498

Quote from: Spotted Horses on May 08, 2024, 08:41:45 AMI'm also registered but non-participating there. TC is fine, but I find the format non-ideal because it is divided into far to many sub-boards, which makes it hard for me to keep track of what is being discussed.
The real problem (besides the ads) is that despite too many sub-boards 80% or so is still in the main board and the mods usually don't sort these threads into the subboards, probably because this would hurt traffic.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

prémont

Quote from: Glass FX on May 08, 2024, 08:06:20 AMWell, this forum has changed and not for the better. I'm going back to the other forum. Bon voyage.

I would expect someone who once called himself 'Mirror Image' to be more reflective, rather than just reflexive.
Any so-called free choice is only a choice between the available options.

Karl Henning

Quote from: prémont on May 08, 2024, 09:34:37 AMI would expect someone who once called himself 'Mirror Image' to be more reflective, rather than just reflexive.
Indeed. He seems to have wished himself Bon voyage. I mean: we're all staying ....
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Karl Henning on May 08, 2024, 09:37:49 AMIndeed. He seems to have wished himself Bon voyage. I mean: we're all staying ....

He seems to subscribe to the philosophy that "the universe is a dream I am having." When he leaves us, our existence ceases. I am starting to feel my existence becoming tenuous. :)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

DavidW

Quote from: Spotted Horses on May 08, 2024, 08:41:45 AMI'm also registered but non-participating there. TC is fine, but I find the format non-ideal because it is divided into far to many sub-boards, which makes it hard for me to keep track of what is being discussed.

Same.  I've had an account there for a decade or more.  But yeah hard to navigate, and at least at the time I thought it was too cliquey.

Madiel

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Bachtoven

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 08, 2024, 08:34:30 AMDo you get more likes on TC? I signed up a while ago out of curiosity when there was some discussion of the most prolific poster there but never actually posted anything myself.
It has heavier traffic, so I'd say posts typically get more "likes" there than here. It's pretty sad that some people need "likes" to feel validated.
Audio: B&W 803D3, SVS Ultra 13, McIntosh MA9000, Mark Levinson No.5101, Roon Nucleus Plus, Denafrips Venus II, VPI Prime Signature, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Focal Stellia, Sennheiser HD800S

DavidW

Quote from: Bachtoven on May 08, 2024, 11:41:37 AMIt has heavier traffic, so I'd say posts typically get more "likes" there than here. It's pretty sad that some people need "likes" to feel validated.

It amused me to click like on your post! ;D

Bachtoven

Quote from: DavidW on May 08, 2024, 12:43:41 PMIt amused me to click like on your post! ;D
Haha, well, they don't define my life but I do appreciate them--mainly knowing I might have helped someone.
Audio: B&W 803D3, SVS Ultra 13, McIntosh MA9000, Mark Levinson No.5101, Roon Nucleus Plus, Denafrips Venus II, VPI Prime Signature, Ortofon Cadenza Bronze, Focal Stellia, Sennheiser HD800S

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Glass FX on May 08, 2024, 08:06:20 AMWell, this forum has changed and not for the better. I'm going back to the other forum. Bon voyage.
What the hay?!  :(  I'm sorry that you feel/felt that way.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Bachtoven on May 08, 2024, 12:53:39 PMHaha, well, they don't define my life but I do appreciate them--mainly knowing I might have helped someone.

They do cause a little dopamine infusion. That's what the social media economy is built on.
:)
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

JBS

Quote from: Spotted Horses on May 08, 2024, 09:51:40 AMHe seems to subscribe to the philosophy that "the universe is a dream I am having." When he leaves us, our existence ceases. I am starting to feel my existence becoming tenuous. :)

It's too long to type and paste here, but if you have a copy of Sense and Sensibility handy, read the opening of Volume 3, Chapter 14.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Florestan

I may have an inkling about why John left so unexpectedly --- but his action was hugely disrespectful towards all those who gave him such a warm welcome back and expressed delight at his return.  Almost makes me regret that I was one of them.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

prémont

Quote from: Florestan on May 09, 2024, 01:22:36 AMI may have an inkling about why John left so unexpectedly --- but his action was hugely disrespectful towards all those who gave him such a warm welcome back and expressed delight at his return.  Almost makes me regret that I was one of them.

Did someone step on his toes or did he take the step by himself?

Florestan

Quote from: prémont on May 09, 2024, 01:50:31 AMDid someone step on his toes or did he take the step by himself?

I believe the latter to be the case.
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Atriod

Sorry to have missed MI as well. Is this just a GMG trait or classical music fans in general where they enjoy clucking away like some old hens. There is a human on the other end of the screen not ChatGPT. Now the second time I've noticed that after my posts about getting Bachtoven his account back.

Yes I see the irony of my post but I am going to call it as I see it.

prémont