The Music Room > Classical Music for Beginners

Classical Radio Stations and Internet Broadcasts

<< < (2/26) > >>

Iconito:

Not my “local Classical Music station”... but every now and then I visit Live365.com.

Thousands (100+ Classical... Plus Jazz, Rock, Poo Pop and every imaginable genre...) of free online radio stations there.

hornteacher:

--- Quote from: Bill on April 16, 2007, 06:35:58 PM ---Here is the playlist for our station today in Denver (we share some programming with L.A. as well).
--- End quote ---

That's a pretty nice playlist and they seem to be mixing it up well throughout the day.  Do they play anything modern?

Maciek:
I listen to Polish Radio Channel 2. They are not exactly a classical radio station but a "cultural" one, which means that they also have lots of stuff about literature, the arts etc. in their program. But music does dominate, and what's more they give lots of time to contemporary music (at least half an hour a day - new recordings are broadcast daily from 12:30 to 13:00 on weekdays, but usually it's much more than that if you count in the stuff they do evenings and late night - sometimes it's even 4-5 hours of contemporary music a day!). I'd say they have achieved ideal proportions: a bit of jazz (about an hour 3-4 times a week), a tiny bit of film music (an hour a week), lots of "old" classical (60-70% of the time) + a decent serving of contemporary.

You can listen on-line at:
http://www.polskieradio.pl/sluchaj/play.aspx?p=i2
or
http://www.polskieradio.pl/sluchaj/play.aspx?p=r2

Bogey:

--- Quote from: hornteacher on April 17, 2007, 02:22:33 AM ---That's a pretty nice playlist and they seem to be mixing it up well throughout the day.  Do they play anything modern?

--- End quote ---

Ocassionally.  However, they do have this every Saturday night (included is last weeks playlist):

Modern Masterpieces with Alan Chapman
Alan invites you to explore the great musical works of the past three-quarters of a century and share the unique emotional power that only music of our time can offer.

10:01 pm  Leos Janacek: String Quartet #1 "The Kreutzer Sonata"
Brodsky Quartet
Brodsky 3503

10:20 pm  Karol Szymanowski: Symphony #3 "Song of the Night" Op 27
City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra / Simon Rattle
CBSO Chorus
Jon Garrison, tenor
EMI 55121

10:45 pm  Igor Stravinsky: Octet
London Sinfonietta / Riccardo Chailly
London 417114

11:01 pm  George Antheil: Airplane Sonata
Marthanne Verbit, piano
Troy 146

11:07 pm  Kurt Weill: Concerto for Violin & Wind Orchestra Op 12
London Sinfonietta / David Atherton
Nona Liddell, violin
Deutsche Grammophon 423255

11:35 pm  Paul Hindemith: Nobilissima Visione
Philadelphia Orchestra / Wolfgang Sawallisch
EMI 55230

karlhenning:

--- Quote from: Don on April 16, 2007, 05:59:33 PM ---My overall opinion of the classical music station in Albuquerque, New Mexico is that it sucks: too much crossover, too much light classical, too much guitar music, too much Vivaldi and a major penchant for playing only parts of compositions.

--- End quote ---

So that's where WCRB got the ideas from!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version