Classical Radio Stations and Internet Broadcasts

Started by hornteacher, April 16, 2007, 06:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Cato

Quote from: carlito77 on February 19, 2017, 04:27:41 AM
Radio Swiss Classic in Berne, Switzerland is my favorite station. They stream music 24/7 with very little interruption. They also have Radio Swiss Jazz. I think the station is state owned. You have your choice to listen in either French, German, Italian, or English. Not a day goes by without me listening to this station, especially when browsing the Internet.

SWISS JAZZ !  Now that must be interesting!

Let me recommend WDPR out of Dayton, which has a very good selection of things: I have heard them program Pierre Boulez with no apologies!  ;)

https://www.discoverclassical.org/program-schedule.htm
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Scion7

Quote from: Cato on August 04, 2017, 05:19:43 AM
I have heard them program Pierre Boulez with no apologies!  ;)

Then we'll just have to beat an apology out of them!   >:D
(Bruckner's) is the career of a poor village boy ... The one and only really surprising thing about him was that after completing his career as an organist he suddenly began to compose music with a range of vision which in such a man would appear quite incongruous.

Cato

Quote from: Scion7 on August 04, 2017, 05:22:17 AM
Then we'll just have to beat an apology out of them!   >:D

8) ;)

I believe that program also offered Penderecki and a host of others in the same club!
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

tjguitar

I recently moved from Southern California to Phoenix, AZ and we do have a decent classical station, but the playlist can get repetitive.

Here are three American streaming stations that tend to be live, 100% classical and seem to have extensive libraries.

http://www.kmfa.org/ out of Austin, TX
https://www.kcme.org/ out of Colorado Springs, CO
and: https://www.wdav.org/ out of Davidson, NC


Out of Europe, I like:

http://www.radioswissclassic.ch/en/  which is the public station from Switzerland

and BBC Radio 3: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_three


A hidden gem might be WMNR from Monroe, CT, (www.wmnr.org) who has a variety of volunteer hosts on weekdays who apparently bring in their own CD's and LP's.

Monsieur Croche

~ I'm all for personal expression; it just has to express something to me. ~

Spineur

The Palazzetto Bru-Zane foundation has its own internet radio

http://classicalradio.bru-zane.com/live/player/

Lots of wonderful music.

tjguitar

I created www.classicalconcertsonline.com to keep track of all the symphonic concerts that get broadcast online. Hopefully others find the information helpful.

Larkenfield ♬

Quote from: tjguitar on September 30, 2017, 05:34:57 PM
I recently moved from Southern California to Phoenix, AZ and we do have a decent classical station, but the playlist can get repetitive.

Here are three American streaming stations that tend to be live, 100% classical and seem to have extensive libraries.

http://www.kmfa.org/ out of Austin, TX
https://www.kcme.org/ out of Colorado Springs, CO
and: https://www.wdav.org/ out of Davidson, NC


Out of Europe, I like:

http://www.radioswissclassic.ch/en/  which is the public station from Switzerland

and BBC Radio 3: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_three


A hidden gem might be WMNR from Monroe, CT, (www.wmnr.org) who has a variety of volunteer hosts on weekdays who apparently bring in their own CD's and LP's.

What about KUSC from Southern California? It's live and excellent. I would think it would be an obvious choice having lived there.

pseudolongino

Quote from: tjguitar on November 16, 2017, 10:00:44 AM
I created www.classicalconcertsonline.com to keep track of all the symphonic concerts that get broadcast online. Hopefully others find the information helpful.

it doesn't open on my browser
anybody knows of a database of downloadable past concerts that is NOT a closed group impossible to access?
thanks!