The Music Room > Composer Discussion

The Snowshoed Sibelius

(1/619) > >>

Dancing Divertimentian:
What would Sibelius be without his seven symphonies?

How about one of the greatest composers of songs?

It's true.

So good, in fact, that when orchestrated his songs take on a dimension rivaling that of his better-known symphonic works. And the quality is uniformly high.

So run, don't walk to hear what all the fuss is about!

Harry:
Well what about his neglected and underrated piano music, which I have complete on the BIS label. It was always treated as mere play by Sibelius, but I think its pretty darn good.
Than you have the tone poems, apart from his symphonies.
His violinconcerto.
His vocal output is not my cup of tea, so my rating would count for nothing..............

Florestan:

--- Quote from: Harry on April 16, 2007, 09:44:53 PM ---Well what about his neglected and underrated piano music, which I have complete on the BIS label. It was always treated as mere play by Sibelius, but I think its pretty darn good.
Than you have the tone poems, apart from his symphonies.
His violinconcerto.
His vocal output is not my cup of tea, so my rating would count for nothing..............

--- End quote ---
How about one of his best compositions: The Tempest?

Although written at a very young age, I also enjoy a lot his piano trios and early string quartets. And the Voces intimae SQ is also a masterpiece.

Harry:

--- Quote from: Florestan on April 16, 2007, 10:22:50 PM ---How about one of his best compositions: The Tempest?

Although written at a very young age, I also enjoy a lot his piano trios and early string quartets. And the Voces intimae SQ is also a masterpiece.

--- End quote ---

All true my friend! :)
Still I could not live without the Symphonies!

Florestan:

--- Quote from: Harry on April 16, 2007, 10:50:38 PM ---All true my friend! :)
Still I could not live without the Symphonies!

--- End quote ---
Who could?

Actually, I know someone, but I'll keep my mouth shut... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version