memorable quotes by dumbasses page

Started by маразм1, September 18, 2007, 07:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Quote from: Novitiate on September 19, 2007, 01:15:08 PM
LOL, that reminds me of an ancient history class.

Teacher: [talking about certain office holders (can't remember the details, it's too long ago :-\ ;)) in ancient Greece] They were chosen by lot.

Loveable Ditz: Who's Lot? 

If I remember correctly, he's the guy whose daughters gave him a good time.

ezodisy

How this thread was ever neglected I don't know.

Been reading a Financial Times interview from Nov with Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko.

Q."How would you assess election standards in Belarus?"

A."Election standards in Belarus are not only transparent, not only democratic, but democratic and transparent without precedent."

Worth a read, there are quite a few of these (the "what makes a good father?" among others)

http://rassegnastampa.mef.gov.it/mefinternazionale/PDF/2008/2008-11-18/2008111811141838.pdf

Diletante

I love these threads with stupidities!

We had this girl in school who was known for quite a few 'gems'. Here is one of hers:

After we had listened to a lengthy exposition about Judaism by some of our classmates, the girl asked the teacher in an almost dramatically serious tone:

Teacher, does Judaism have anything to do with the Jewish religion?

Orgullosamente diletante.

karlhenning

Quote from: tanuki on December 24, 2008, 05:28:49 AM

We had this girl in school who was known for quite a few 'gems'. Here is one of hers:

After we had listened to a lengthy exposition about Judaism by some of our classmates, the girl asked the teacher in an almost dramatically serious tone:

If she had somehow confused, say, Zionism for Judaism, though, the question makes sense.

knight66

I am quoting myself from another thread.

"A long time ago, when I was a young manager, I had a group of people three of whom happened to be called John Smith. Sitting working, I happened to hear the daftest of the trio, and frankly, it was a close run race, say; 'So that's why they called the month October.' I then asked what they were chatting about.

JS the Egregious 'Well, hundreds of years ago, there was this plague of octopus. They called it the year of the octopus. But once the year was ended, they were so sad, they decided to rename one of the months, so they would never forget the plague. So they ended up with October.'

I pointed out that October was the eighth month of the Roman calender. Immediately JS shot back; 'Nah, it is the 10th month, so that's rubbish....look, Octopus the word starts, O-C-T-O. October, the word starts O-C-T-O.......I rest my case.

I decided that such stupidity was almost treasureable, I just smiled; we all got back to the task and for all I know John Smith The Egregious still believes his fairy story. No one on the entire team thought the octopus explanation unlikely.

There are some people you cannot help.

I rest my case."

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

karlhenning

Wow, Mike. Wow.

Separately . . .

QuoteI think most people recognize political satire when they see it.

That was in "defense" of Barack the Magic Negro

Superhorn

George W Bush is has certainly been a terrible president, probably the worst ever, and totally incompetent and misguided. But he is not an evil or malicious man in any way. He does not preach intolerance and hate. His social and economic policies have been awful. But he is for example much more tolerant of gays than many on the religious right. He is more pathetic than contemptible.

Anne

Quote from: tanuki on December 24, 2008, 05:28:49 AM

Was her hair blonde by any chance?

imperfection

Interview conducted on a random street, New York

Interviewer: Hey mam, may I ask you a question? It is a survey of the ordinary American's IQ.

Dumbass woman: Sure.

Interviewer: Name one country that starts with the letter U.

Dumbass woman: Er...er....um....ah.....ERRR.....*30 seconds later* ( hesitantly) Utah, Yugoslavia??...hmm...not too sure...

Interviewer: Hah hah. How about this one: (gets closer to the woman) United States of America.

Dumbass woman: OHHHH YEAH!!!

karlhenning

Quote from: Jokin' des Prez
Emerson's technical perfection combined with the transparency of their textures may create the illusion of a great interpretation . . . .

Joe_Campbell

Quote from: karlhenning on January 03, 2009, 11:29:37 AM

I don't understand this. What separates an illusion of a great interpretation from a great interpretation, if one only has one's senses as the judge?

karlhenning

Quote from: Joe_Campbell on January 03, 2009, 11:31:05 AM
I don't understand this. What separates an illusion of a great interpretation from a great interpretation, if one only has one's senses as the judge?

The technical perfection of the grammar combined with the transparency of the words' meaning may create the illusion of a sensible remark . . . .

Joe_Campbell

Quote from: karlhenning on January 03, 2009, 12:14:14 PM
The technical perfection of the grammar combined with the transparency of the words' meaning may create the illusion of a sensible remark . . . .

;D ;D

PSmith08

Quote from: karlhenning on January 03, 2009, 12:14:14 PM

It's sneaky that way.

I went to an all-male college, so my collection of memorable quotes is broad and deep. My favorite one, of course, didn't come from a colleague, but former Attorney General John Ashcroft, who insisted to a packed house at my alma mater that we could better appreciate the freedom we have if the government takes some of it away.

karlhenning

But . . . did it seem prophetic at the time, Patrick;)

Bulldog

My wife sometimes watches the TV show "The Housewives of Atlanta" or maybe "The Housewives of Orange County".  Anyways, one of the dumbass wives on one of those shows has an interest in being a professional singer (although her voice is horrible).  She goes to a voice trainer who tells her that she needs to become well versed in reading music and other aspects of the profession.  Her reply is, "I don't need to know anything about music, I'm a singer".

PSmith08

Quote from: karlhenning on January 04, 2009, 05:10:21 AM
But . . . did it seem prophetic at the time, Patrick;)

No, this was after Uncle John returned to civilian life. He was defending the fait accompli.

karlhenning

Quote from: Bulldog on January 04, 2009, 12:33:56 PM
My wife sometimes watches the TV show "The Housewives of Atlanta" or maybe "The Housewives of Orange County".  Anyways, one of the dumbass wives on one of those shows has an interest in being a professional singer (although her voice is horrible).  She goes to a voice trainer who tells her that she needs to become well versed in reading music and other aspects of the profession.  Her reply is, "I don't need to know anything about music, I'm a singer".

That's an echo of a famous Elvis quote (whether she meant it so or not) . . . .

Bulldog

Quote from: karlhenning on January 05, 2009, 05:18:59 AM
That's an echo of a famous Elvis quote (whether she meant it so or not) . . . .

That housewife is so dumb that I doubt she could remember any quotes.

karlhenning