French Opera?

Started by SKYIO, July 12, 2015, 03:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classical Performances

SKYIO

Everyone is on the French Opera topic, but no one seems to care about Italian Opera topic...

Wendell_E

Quote from: SKYIO on April 02, 2016, 05:08:35 AM
Everyone is on the French Opera topic, but no one seems to care about Italian Opera topic...

I think it's the initial question about opera as background music that kills the thread.  "Italian Opera as Background Music" might have been a better thread title, though I don't know if the response would have been better.  There's certainly plenty of discussion of Italian opera in other threads:  485 posts in the "VERDI King of Italian Opera" thread, 75 in the "Puccini vs. Verdi" thread, 72 just in the "Aida" thread, etc.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

SKYIO

Quote from: Wendell_E on April 03, 2016, 06:54:39 AM
I think it's the initial question about opera as background music that kills the thread.  "Italian Opera as Background Music" might have been a better thread title, though I don't know if the response would have been better.  There's certainly plenty of discussion of Italian opera in other threads:  485 posts in the "VERDI King of Italian Opera" thread, 75 in the "Puccini vs. Verdi" thread, 72 just in the "Aida" thread, etc.

ah thanks, I thought it was some other underlying issue. Like I had a slight feeling that maybe the vast majority of Opera is Italian, and that the question 'Opera in Italian' kind of absurd is, because it's the main medium. I don't know what the main medium of Opera is. What is it? I'l look it up, hang on.. Oh god damn it, I looked it up. Opera Started it Italy!!! Haha. This makes the thread seem even more silly.