Schubert Piano Recordings

Started by George, April 06, 2007, 04:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo498

I assumed that there was overlap with the older set (I was above referring to the 80s/90s Teldec recordings), or did she really re-record all of the 7? sonatas she had done earlier? It seems like that but I not quite sure from the minimal information on the backcover. In any case there is another box with these older recordings (last 5 + D 568 + 664) + Trout, Impromptus...
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Florestan

The Teldec set stroke me as uncompromisingly grim and dour --- and approach that imo doesn't suit Schubert at all. 
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

George

Quote from: Jo498 on December 11, 2023, 07:45:15 AMI assumed that there was overlap with the older set (I was above referring to the 80s/90s Teldec recordings), or did she really re-record all of the 7? sonatas she had done earlier? It seems like that but I not quite sure from the minimal information on the backcover. In any case there is another box with these older recordings (last 5 + D 568 + 664) + Trout, Impromptus...

From a Gramophone review of Leonskaja's Complete Schubert Sonata set on Warner:

"No question about it, Leonskaja's Schubert on Warner (her Schubert recordings for Teldec are completely different) should provide you with a lifetime's worth of musical nourishment, and the sound, now as before, is superb."

I confirmed this morning that they are different recordings using a download source and Spotify (the timings are different.)
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure