Bach's Suzuki cantata series.

Started by Josquin des Prez, September 21, 2007, 08:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquin des Prez

I already asked this on cantata thread but i since i actually need an answer i'm making my own.

It seems that Bis now is releasing those cds in SACD format, starting from the last four. I'm wondering, are they going to re-release all the other volumes as well?

Also, anybody knows how long this series going to take before it's complete?

Don

I think you'll have to contact BIS to get your answers, but I would be very surprised if they released their earlier cds in the sacd format.

On a positive note, I did hear that Suzuki has recorded the Mass in B minor with release expected this Autumn - SACD on this one.

71 dB

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on September 21, 2007, 08:10:48 PM
It seems that Bis now is releasing those cds in SACD format, starting from the last four. I'm wondering, are they going to re-release all the other volumes as well?

Also, anybody knows how long this series going to take before it's complete?

The first SACD was volume 28. Re-releasing the first 27 volumes as SACDs would not make much sense as they were recorded in stereo only and I suppose with not so high resolution (?).

BIS has got over the halfway now (there's going to be about 60 volumes). They have about 25 volumes to be released with a rate of 3 volumes per year (so far). That makes about 8 years so I expect the cycle to be finished in 2015. 
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Tancata

Quote from: 71 dB on September 22, 2007, 04:17:54 AM
BIS has got over the halfway now (there's going to be about 60 volumes). They have about 25 volumes to be released with a rate of 3 volumes per year (so far). That makes about 8 years so I expect the cycle to be finished in 2015. 

Yeah, in 2005 I read somewhere - can't remember where - that Suzuki claimed to be halfway through (1995-2015).