Bohuslav Martinů (1890-1959)

Started by bhodges, October 04, 2007, 08:27:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Maestro267 on October 31, 2019, 05:14:00 AM
I've ordered the Brilliant Classics box.

Very nice. I bought the individual releases (many years ago), because I loved the Martinů doodles on each of the album covers.

Maestro267

The symphonies arrived this morning. Listened to a few of them already (am in the middle of No. 2 as I write), and they're very enjoyable. Hard to have a full grip on them just after one hearing, but the sound world is lovely. The beginning of No. 1, the B minor chord, transitioning through a rising pattern on woodwinds and all to a B major, is magical.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Maestro267 on November 02, 2019, 10:44:12 AM
The symphonies arrived this morning. Listened to a few of them already (am in the middle of No. 2 as I write), and they're very enjoyable. Hard to have a full grip on them just after one hearing, but the sound world is lovely. The beginning of No. 1, the B minor chord, transitioning through a rising pattern on woodwinds and all to a B major, is magical.

Great stuff! Will be curious to know your thoughts as you progress through the cycle.

jidlomonster

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 25, 2019, 08:35:04 PM
Speaking of ballets, it'd be nice if Supraphon would issue this recording on CD:

If everyone keeps fingers crossed, we might not have to depend on Supraphon.  Toccata Classics' series of Early Martinu Orchestral Works has always had the intention of recording the complete ballet.  At the moment, there are no recording sessions scheduled, but the publisher Schott last year acquired all of the performing materials.  If the parts are adequate, then only funding and logistics stand in the way.  They can prove to be mighty obstacles, so I ask for patience and will keep you informed if the plans advance any further.

Mirror Image

Quote from: jidlomonster on November 05, 2019, 05:45:47 AM
If everyone keeps fingers crossed, we might not have to depend on Supraphon.  Toccata Classics' series of Early Martinu Orchestral Works has always had the intention of recording the complete ballet.  At the moment, there are no recording sessions scheduled, but the publisher Schott last year acquired all of the performing materials.  If the parts are adequate, then only funding and logistics stand in the way.  They can prove to be mighty obstacles, so I ask for patience and will keep you informed if the plans advance any further.

Great to read, Michael! Thanks for the information. 8)

bhodges

Here's a fine live version of Martinů's Double Concerto with the Radom Chamber Orchestra and Beethoven Academy Orchestra, conducted by Maciej Zoltowski in 2012. The young players are outstanding, and Zoltowski is new to me as well.

https://youtu.be/4BLJxJG1kQo

--Bruce

Symphonic Addict

Yet another occasion when I say: Why did I wait so long to hear this music? Or in this case, why did I wait so long to hear the whole program of this super magnificent disc?? Better late than never, I was glad it was so!  ;D

When I hear this I realize and confirm that Martinu was an innate composer, one of the highest musical skills. The disc presents 3 early works in a late-Romantic/Impressionistic style (which also implies top-notch orchestration) with some apparent traces of Respighi that simply leave a quite strong impression. These pieces are full of poetry, atmosphere, suspense, striking effects. The Sinfonia Varsovia play them impeccably. There is no waste at all. Ravishing music.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

relm1

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on December 22, 2019, 12:42:05 PM

Yet another occasion when I say: Why did I wait so long to hear this music? Or in this case, why did I wait so long to hear the whole program of this super magnificent disc?? Better late than never, I was glad it was so!  ;D

When I hear this I realize and confirm that Martinu was an innate composer, one of the highest musical skills. The disc presents 3 early works in a late-Romantic/Impressionistic style (which also implies top-notch orchestration) with some apparent traces of Respighi that simply leave a quite strong impression. These pieces are full of poetry, atmosphere, suspense, striking effects. The Sinfonia Varsovia play them impeccably. There is no waste at all. Ravishing music.

This is an excellent release!  I fully agree with you.

kyjo

Quote from: relm1 on December 22, 2019, 04:26:47 PM
This is an excellent release!  I fully agree with you.

+1 Vanishing Midnight is a strikingly atmospheric work with a suitably shadowy and threatening - even scary - third movement.
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

bhodges

A rare performance of Intermezzo (1950) by conductor Christopher Russell and the Orange County School of the Arts Symphony Orchestra, recorded in 2015.

https://youtu.be/zLzMdZA3ETE

--Bruce

not edward

Quote from: Brewski on April 01, 2020, 06:49:00 AM
A rare performance of Intermezzo (1950) by conductor Christopher Russell and the Orange County School of the Arts Symphony Orchestra, recorded in 2015.

https://youtu.be/zLzMdZA3ETE

--Bruce
Oh, nice. I think the only recording I know of this is the Louisville Symphony one, which is definitely showing its age.
"I don't at all mind actively disliking a piece of contemporary music, but in order to feel happy about it I must consciously understand why I dislike it. Otherwise it remains in my mind as unfinished business."
-- Aaron Copland, The Pleasures of Music

Pohjolas Daughter

Well, *you asked for it!  Here is the list of what I own by Martinü (at least in part....haven't checked LPs yet and probably some more things hidden away in those boxed sets that I've missed!

1)  String quartets on Supraphon with The Panocha
2)  Symphonies with Neumann and the Czech PO - same label
3)  Orchestral Comps with Belohlavak and the CPO (great album!)
4)  Opera Suites and Excerpts with Neumann and the CPO and Jilek with the Brno State PPO
5)  Violin Concertos and Rhapsody-Concerto with Josef Suk, Neumann and the CPO
6)  Various Firkusny RCA albums:  PC Nos. 2,3, &4; PS No. 1, Les Ritournelles, Fantasia & Toccata, etc.; cello sonatas with Janos Starker
7)  The previously mentioned:  Chamber music with Viola/Alexander Besa which has the Three Madrigals and Duo No. 2 for violin and viola
8  From the 'Great Czech Conductors series':  Sym. No. 4, Concertino for Cello Brass, Piano and Battery and Tre ricercari with Martin Turnovsky
9)  Same series but with Rafael Kubelik:  Sym. No. 4 and Memorial to Lidice
10  From Ancerl Gold Edition:  Les Fresques de Piero Della Francesca and The Parables
11) From Sir Charles Mackerras' "Life with Czech Music":  Juliette, Field Mass, Double Concerto for 2 string orchestras, etc. and Les Freques

Break to listen to some Janacek....

12)  Partita and Serenade No. 2 with Suk Chamber Orch /Josef Vlach on Panton
13)  Kubelik conducting on Testament - Concerto for 2 string orchestras, piano and timpani
14)  same as above but Incantation (Piano Concerto No. 4) with Firkusny
15)  Piano works (3 CD set) with Emil Leichner
16)  Prazak Quartet - in concert - String Quartet No. 3
17)  Martinu cello sonatas - Steven Isserlis and Peter Evans - Helios
18)  Small Pieces for Cello and Piano /Kanka/Klepac on Praga
19)  String Quartet No. 7, Sonata for 2 violins and piano, String Sextet and Nonetto with Prazak Quartet/Kocian Quartet/Czech Nonet on Praga
20)  Epic of Gilgamesh on Naxos
21)  Julietta on Supraphon
22)  3 Fragments from Juliette

on LP

23)  String Quartets 5 & 7 with the Panocha Quartet - Supraphon
24)  Concert Champetre and Concerto for Harpsichord with CPO and Prague Chamber soloists with Sanderling - same as above
25)  Sym. No. 4 / Tre Ricercari for chamber orchestra with CPO and Turnovsky on Parliament
26)  Sym. No. 6 and Memorial to L. on Supraphon/Rediffusion
27)  Same (also with Ancerl and the CPO) but on Everest (should probably get rid of that one).

Whew!  I'm typed-out!

*for Mirror Image and anyone else who might be curious....
Pohjolas Daughter

Mirror Image

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on May 11, 2020, 08:48:09 AM
Well, *you asked for it!  Here is the list of what I own by Martinü (at least in part....haven't checked LPs yet and probably some more things hidden away in those boxed sets that I've missed!

4)  Opera Suites and Excerpts with Neumann and the CPO and Jilek with the Brno State PPO
6)  Various Firkusny RCA albums:  PC Nos. 2,3, &4; PS No. 1, Les Ritournelles, Fantasia & Toccata, etc.; cello sonatas with Janos Starker
7)  The previously mentioned:  Chamber music with Viola/Alexander Besa which has the Three Madrigals and Duo No. 2 for violin and viola
8  From the 'Great Czech Conductors series':  Sym. No. 4, Concertino for Cello Brass, Piano and Battery and Tre ricercari with Martin Turnovsky
10  From Ancerl Gold Edition:  Les Fresques de Piero Della Francesca and The Parables
11) From Sir Charles Mackerras' "Life with Czech Music":  Juliette, Field Mass, Double Concerto for 2 string orchestras, etc. and Les Freques

13)  Kubelik conducting on Testament - Concerto for 2 string orchestras, piano and timpani
19)  String Quartet No. 7, Sonata for 2 violins and piano, String Sextet and Nonetto with Prazak Quartet/Kocian Quartet/Czech Nonet on Praga

on LP

24)  Concert Champetre and Concerto for Harpsichord with CPO and Prague Chamber soloists with Sanderling - same as above
25)  Sym. No. 4 / Tre Ricercari for chamber orchestra with CPO and Turnovsky on Parliament
27)  Same (also with Ancerl and the CPO) but on Everest (should probably get rid of that one).

Whew!  I'm typed-out!

Thanks so much for doing this, PD. A very nice collection you have. I do, however, have some recommendations based on what I think you'd enjoy and what I personally feel are essential to a Martinů collection, which some I may have already recommended but will repost them here:

(In no particular order)

MusicTurner

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on May 11, 2020, 08:48:09 AM

on LP

Whew!  I'm typed-out!

Nice! I think you'll like the Oboe Concerto too!

Mirror Image

Just to remind myself, because I tend to forget from time to time, but here is my own Martinu collection for those that haven't seen it:

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 29, 2017, 06:22:39 AM
My Martinu collection:

Complete symphony sets:

- Neeme Järvi, Bamberg SO, BIS, 3-CDs
- Cornelius Meister, ORF Vienna Radio SO, Capriccio, 3-CDs
- Bryden Thomson, Royal Scottish National Orch., Chandos, 3-CDs
- Vaclav Neumann, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon, 3-CDs
- Jiří Bělohlávek, BBC SO, Onyx, 3-CDs
- Vladimir Valek, Prague Radio SO, Supraphon, 3-CDs

Misc. box sets:

- Complete String Quartets: Panocha Quartet, Supraphon, 3-CDs
- Complete String Quartets: Stamitz Quartet, Bayer, 3-CDs
- Music for Violin and Piano (Complete): Bohuslav Matoušek (violin), Petr Adamec (piano), Supraphon, 4-CDs

Opera sets/single issues:

- Julietta: various soloists, Jaroslav Krombholc, Chorus of the National Theatre, PragueOrchestra of the National Theatre, Prague, Supraphon, 3-CDs
- The Greek Passion: various soloists, Sir Charles Mackerras, Czech Philharmonic Chorus, Brno State Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon, 2-CDs
- Ariane: various soloists, Vaclav Neumann, Czech Philharmonic Chorus, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Ariane (coupled w/ Double Concerto): various soloists, Tomáš Netopil, Essener Philharmoniker, Supraphon
- Les Larmes du couteau, The Voice of the Forest: various soloists, Jiří Bělohlávek, The Prague Philharmonia, Supraphon
- Les Trois Souhaits ou Les vicissitudes de la vie: various soloists, Vaclav Nosek, Brno Janáček Opera Chorus, Brno Janáček Opera Orch., Supraphon
- The Miracle of Our Lady, various soloists, Jiří Bělohlávek, Prague Radio Chorus, Prague Symphony Orch., Supraphon, 2-CDs

Concertos/Ballets/Misc. Orchestral:

- Symphony No. 1, Violin Concerto No. 2, Lorenzo Gatto, Walter Weller, National Orch. of Belgium, Fuga Libera
- Symphony No. 2, (coupled with Dvořák's Symphony No. 9, "From the New World"), Paavo Järvi, Cincinnati Symphony Orch., Telarc
- Symphony No. 4, Estampes, Le Depart (from Les Trois Souhaits ou Les vicissitudes de la vie), Walter Weller, National Orch. of Belgium, Fuga Libera
- Symphony No. 4 (coupled with Brahms' Symphony No. 1), Klaus Tennstedt, Stuttgart Radio Symphony Orch., ICA Classics
- Symphony No. 4, Tre Ricercari, Piano Concerto No. 4 "Incantation," Martin Turnovský, Jiří Pinkas, Josef Páleníček, Czech Philharmonic Orch. Brno State Philharmonic Orch., Apex
- Symphony Nos. 5 & 6, Memorial to Lidice, Karel Ančerl, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Symphony No. 6, "Fantaisies symphoniques" (coupled with Piston, Menotti), Charles Munch, Boston Symphony Orch., RCA
- Symphonies Nos. 1 & 2, Claus Peter Flor, Berlin Symphony Orch., RCA
- Symphonies Nos. 5 & 6, Claus Peter Flor, Berlin Symphony Orch., RCA
- Symphonies Nos. 3 & 4, Jiří Bělohlávek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Symphonies Nos. 5 & 6, Jiří Bělohlávek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Symphony No. 1, Double Concerto: Jiří Bělohlávek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Chandos
- Field Mass, Memorial to Lidice, Symphony No. 4, various soloists, Jiří Bělohlávek, Czech Philharmonic Chorus, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Chandos
- Symphony No. 6, "Fantaisies symphoniques" (coupled with Janáček's Sinfonietta), Jiří Bělohlávek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Chandos
- Piano Concertos Nos. 1-5, Piano Concertino, Emil Leichner, Jiří Bělohlávek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon, 2-CDs
- Cello Concertos Nos. 1 & 2, Cello Concertino, Raphael Wallfisch, Jiří Bělohlávek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Chandos
- Violin Concerto No. 2, Toccata e due canzoni, Serenada No. 2 for Strings, Isabelle Faust, Cédric Tiberghien, Jiří Bělohlávek, Prague Philharmonia, Harmonia Mundi
- Who is the Most Powerful in the World?, Jiří Bělohlávek, Prague Symphony Orch., Supraphon
- The Butterfly that Stamped, Jiří Bělohlávek, Prague Symphony Orch., Supraphon
- Checking the King, The Revolt, Jiří Bělohlávek, Prague Symphony Orch., Supraphon
- Rhapsody-Concerto, chamber works w/ viola and/or piano/violin, Maxim Rysanov, Katya Apekisheva, Alexander Sitkovetsky, Jiří Bělohlávek, BBC Symphony Orch., BIS
- Overture, Rhapsody, Sinfonia Concertante, The Parables, etc., Jiří Bělohlávek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Estampes, The Parables, Rhapsody, Jiří Bělohlávek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Piano Concertos Nos. 2 & 4, Overture, Les fresques de Piero della Francesca, Robert Kolinsky, Vladimir Ashkenazy, Sinfonieorchester Basel, Ondine
- Pianos Concertos Nos. 2-4, Rudolf Firkušný, Libor Pešek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., RCA
- The Complete Music for Violin & Orchestra, Vol. 1, Bohuslav Matoušek, Janne Thomsen, Régis Pasquier, Jennifer Koh, Christopher Hogwood, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Hyperion
- The Complete Music for Violin & Orchestra, Vol. 2, Bohuslav Matoušek, Karel Košárek, Christopher Hogwood, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Hyperion
- The Complete Music for Violin & Orchestra, Vol. 3, Bohuslav Matoušek, Christopher Hogwood, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Hyperion
- The Complete Music for Violin & Orchestra, Vol. 4, Bohuslav Matoušek, Christopher Hogwood, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Hyperion
- Le Raid merveilleux, La Revue de cuisine, On tourne!, Christopher Hogwood, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- La Revue de cuisine, Merry Christmas 1941, Tre Ricercari, Toccata e due canzoni, Sinfonietta La Jolla, Christopher Hogwood, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Decca
- Misc. Orchestral Works, James Conlon, Orchestre National de France, Erato, 2-CDs
- Memorial to Lidice, Rhapsody-Concerto, Concertino for Piano Trio & String Orchestra, Tabea Zimmermann, Trio Wanderer, James Conlon, Capriccio
- Suite from "Špalíček", Double Concerto, Sir Charles Mackerras, Brno State Philharmonic Orch., Conifer Classics
- Suite from "Špalíček," Rhapsody-Concerto, Mikhail Zemtsov, Neeme Järvi, Estonian National Symphony Orch., Chandos
- Sinfonietta Giocosa, Toccata e due canzoni, Sinfonietta La Jolla, Julian Jacobson, Tamas Vasary, Bournemouth Sinfonietta, Chandos
- Sinfonietta La Jolla, Toccata e due canzoni, Concerto Grosso, Josef Hála, Petr Jiříkovský, Prague Chamber Orch., Supraphon
- Music Inspired by Jazz & Sport, Petr Vronský, Zbyněk Vostřák, Prague Wind Quintet, Brno State Philharmonic Orch., Prague Symphony Orch., Supraphon
- Field Mass, Double Concerto, Les fresques de Piero della Francesca, various soloists, Sir Charles Mackerras, Czech Philharmonic Chorus & Orch., Prague Radio Symphony Orch., Supraphon
- Les fresques de Piero della Francesca, The Parables (coupled with Janáček's Sinfonietta), Karel Ančerl, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Serenades, various instrument soloists, Prague Chamber Orch., Supraphon
- Three Fragments from "Julietta," Orchestral Suite from "Julietta," Magdalena Kožená, Sir Charles Mackerras, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Early Orchestral Works, Vol. 1, Ian Hobson, Sinfonia Varsovia, Toccata Classics
- Early Orchestral Works, Vol. 2, Ian Hobson, Sinfonia Varsovia, Toccata Classics
- Oboe Concerto, Harpsichord Concerto, Piano Concerto, Ivan Séquardt, Zuzana Růžičková, Josef Páleníček, Václav Neumann, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- La Revue de cuisine, Harpsichord Concerto, Musique de Chambre No. 1, Les rondes, Klaus Simon, Robert Hill, Holst Sinfonietta, Naxos
- Oboe Concertos (with B.A. Zimmermann, Strauss), Stefan Schilli, Mariss Jansons, Bavarian Radio Symphony Orch., Oehms Classics
- Opera Suites and Excerpts, Václav Neumann, František Jílek, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Brno State Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Cello Concertos Nos. 1 & 2, Angelica May, Václav Neumann, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Sonata da Camera (coupled with Dvořák's Cello Concerto), Angelica May, Václav Neumann, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon (Denon Japan reissue)
- Violin Concertos Nos. 1 & 2, Josef Suk, Václav Neumann, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon

Choral Works (with and without an orchestra/instrumental ensemble):

- Špalíček, The Spectre's Bride, Romance of the Dandelions, The Primrose, various soloists, Jiří Bělohlávek, František Jílek, Kühn Mixed Choir, Prague Symphony Orch., Brno Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon, 2-CDs
- Cantatas (Opening of the Wells, Legend of the Smoke from Potato Fires, Mikeš of the Mountains), Pavel Kühn, Kühn Mixed Choir, Supraphon
- Prophecy of Isaiah, Mount of Three Lights, Hymn to St. James, Pavel Kühn, Kühn Mixed Choir, Supraphon
- Bouquet of Flowers (with Novák's Philharmonic Dances), various soloists, Tomáš Netopil, Prague Radio Symphony Orch., Supraphon
- Bouquet of Flowers, Piano Concerto No. 3, various soloists, Josef Páleníček, Karel Ančerl, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- The Epic of Gilgamesh, various soloists, Jiří Bělohlávek, Prague Symphony Orch., Supraphon
- The Epic of Gilgamesh, various soloists, Manfred Honeck, Prague Philharmonic Choir, Czech Philharmonic Orch., Supraphon
- Nipponari, Magic Nights, Czech Rhapsody, various soloists, Jiří Bělohlávek, Kühn Mixed Choir, Prague Symphony Orch., Supraphon

Chamber Music:

- Duos & Trio for Strings, Beethoven String Trio, Praga Digitals
- String Quartet No. 7, Sonata for Two Violins & Piano, String Sextet, Nonet, Kocian Quartet, Pražák Quartet, Czech Nonet, Praga Digitals
- Chamber Music with Flute, various instrumental soloists, Naxos
- Chamber Music with Viola, Alexander Besa, various instrumental soloists, Supraphon
- The Complete Piano Trios, Smetana Trio, Supraphon
- Cello Sonatas Nos. 1-3, Steven Isserlis, Peter Evans, Helios
- Piano Quintets Nos. 1 & 2, Sonatina for Two Violins & Piano, Martinů Quartet, Karel Košárek, Naxos
- Complete Works for String Trio (with Milhaud), Jacques Thibaud String Trio, Audite
- String Trio No. 1, Piano Quartet, String Quintet, Musique de Chambre No. 1, Ensemble Calliopée, Alpha, 2-CDs (+ DVD documentary)
- Chamber Music, Dartington Ensemble, Hyperion, 2-CDs

Piano Music:

- Piano Works I, Paul Kaspar, Tudor
- Piano Works II, Paul Kaspar, Tudor
- Piano Works III, Paul Kaspar, Tudor

Looking over my collection, I'll have to update it at some point as there's been several new additions to it.

Pohjolas Daughter

Thanks for the suggestions; I'll copy them down.

I have heard good things about the Nipponari CD and think that I might have some excerpts from The Spectre's Bride (could be wrong about that though)...

Having a hard time visualizing Hogwood and Czech music...will have to see if I can find some samples to listen to.  The Piano Quintets and the bottom one of the concertos look particularly tempting.  :)

Best,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 11, 2020, 09:37:23 AM
Nice! I think you'll like the Oboe Concerto too!
Thanks, I'll see if I can find a way to listen to it.  :-)
Pohjolas Daughter

MusicTurner

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on May 11, 2020, 09:48:34 AM
  Thanks, I'll see if I can find a way to listen to it.  :-)

Squardt/Neumann is worthwhile in particular (I also have Holliger/Marriner, Krejci/Neumann and Harth/Gibson).

NOTE: EDITED

Mirror Image

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on May 11, 2020, 09:46:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestions; I'll copy them down.

I have heard good things about the Nipponari CD and think that I might have some excerpts from The Spectre's Bride (could be wrong about that though)...

Having a hard time visualizing Hogwood and Czech music...will have to see if I can find some samples to listen to.  The Piano Quintets and the bottom one of the concertos look particularly tempting.  :)

Best,

PD

You're welcome! Trust me, Hogwood knows his way around Martinů's music. So many gems await your discovery. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the music. I'm not sure if my recommendations were very good ones, but I know that each of them have meant a great deal to me and I think of them as vital to my understanding of this phenomenal composer.

Pohjolas Daughter

[/quote]
Quote from: Mirror Image on May 11, 2020, 09:42:10 AM
Just to remind myself, because I tend to forget from time to time, but here is my own Martinu collection for those that haven't seen it:

Looking over my collection, I'll have to update it at some point as there's been several new additions to it.
You have been a busy boy haven't you!  lol  Now weren't you also the one saying that you were (and had been) trying to slow things down re buying?   :D

I know, there are always new things to tempt each of us (for me, it's some live Ivan Moravec).

Enjoy the music! 

PD

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 11, 2020, 09:51:19 AM
Krejci/Neumann is worthwhile in particular (I also have Holliger/Marriner and Harth/Gibson).

I have a suspicion that I have his oboe concerto with Holliger in a set upstairs...I'll go and look now.
Pohjolas Daughter