The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

The Early Music Club (EMC)

<< < (343/354) > >>

deprofundis:
Why musicologist fon't like him, I mean he a great theorician, by the way I am still alive, I was just saying hello there folks, and I love my NON-SUCH LP of Johannes Tinctoris a lot.

Paul Mc cartney said about beatles no  Lead belly no Beatles, well I would go just as far has saying no Tinctoris no Ockegem, he learn from Tinctoris improve from him?

deprofundis:

--- Quote from: Que on November 20, 2021, 01:06:21 AM ---It seems that the ensemble the sound and the fury is still very much alive!

November release, complete with cover in the usual style:

https://frabernardo.com/portfolio-item/ockeghem-2-the-sound-and-the-fury/#tab-id-1

Needless to say that I will ignore the lack of stylish artwork, and will check this out to check for the occasional TSATF gemm....

EDIT:

My mistake to be mislead by Fra Bernardo.... It appears to be a reissue of the recording, previously issued by ORF. 
Also with a ridiculous cover, so not much improvement there.... ;)

--- End quote ---

QUE hello nice sir kind soul wonderfull humans, I like to hear this The sound and the fury doeing Ockeghem woaw how can I go wrong whit this , this most be very mighty record, I'm sold out to Flemish, I'm an asset of Flander Belgium and The Netherlands, ask  the Dutch, thee Flemish only the best the smart the coolest folks , they would says yes deprofundis a beautiful mind, he like us, Dutch are honnest Flemish doeing awesome  renaissance music that paralel the genius of German Baroque in skill in polyphony, whit all due respect whit Germans, of course, Psst Flandria greatess folk, listen I know all the Jonannes  the great one of renaisance and pssit Walloons avec ton francais c'est bien sont jolie vos femmes en plus, spoken in frensch I don't undermine you're skill in renaissance, vive les peuple belgo , les Flemish , les Allemands Belge,  I am you're kind in exile you're speculative whiteout power sociological historic knowledge kind strategist in new world Amerika not a token boy, but I stay humble, Love my Beneluxian Citizens, of smart breed super mensa  yet fun and nice, I'm not on drug see, what I say beleive, we should have in amerika New Flandria , So my neighborhood become La petite Flandre, Flemish vassal of franco-flemish worshiper of skill in classical music, the most eminent  musicologist, tog gunners, I won't to form a mensa made of quebecer (Franco) AND Flemish built a good friendship between us, see  ressucitated classical music talent in montreal rosemont old rosemont in church,  Only Franco Flemish music I choose I am king and Dj,how about it, concert become spiritual gathering, chruch become full because amateur super ensemble star to grow in northen amerika quebec montreal Rosemont vieux Rosemont, district.

I like the sound of it the small Flandria or neo Flandria in amerika yeah and deprofundis has the humble king, some manner polite man, and I wont people to go to church because music is exclusively franco-Flemish of renaissanse the Great Josquin and Isaac, and some northen franken specimen I like Jachet De Mantoue or good once again northern Franken but this time the goodness of Goudimel, LeJeune , Lestocart. Masse become ancient mass of class common is there more classy and sexy to the hear has Frabco Flemish  prodige such has Crequillion, Clemens Or Ghizeghem, De Sayve hey! admit!!! I love you folks  ;)

Que:
Crossposting from the WAYLT thread:

An ensemble new to me: Franco-Flemish, Belgian based, five singers.  This is their 2nd recording.

The composer is new to me as well, apart from a snippet or two. Some info:

Andreas Pevernage (1542/3–1591) is best remembered today as the choirmaster of Antwerp Cathedral and as the composer of several picture motets that are now classified as masterpieces of Flemish culture. Whilst Pevernage spent his entire professional career in Flanders, which may well have contributed to his music being less well known today, he was nonetheless considered as the equal of Orlandus Lassus, Clemens non Papa and Giaches de Wert during his lifetime: the quality of his music is in no wise inferior to the works of his more famous contemporaries. Pevernage adopted the innovations of the Italian madrigal and also breathed new life into the chansons of the Low Countries. This selection of works, mostly for five parts, is an invitation to discover his stylistic and creative diversity.

I liked the sound and approach of the ensemble, although technically they are OK but not impressive.
The music has the novelty factor, hence the Diapson d'Or "découverte". But perhaps in his time he was seen as an equal to the greatest, but unfortunately he isn't. It's nice, but for Late Renaissance this doesn't have the level of sophistication of Lassus or De Wert.

Perhaps I'll give this another go on Spotify some time, but for now it does not go onto the shopping list.

Cato:

--- Quote from: deprofundis on November 21, 2021, 11:15:03 PM ---Why musicologist fon't like him, I mean he a great theorician, by the way I am still alive, I was just saying hello there folks, and I love my NON-SUCH LP of Johannes Tinctoris a lot.

Paul Mc cartney said about beatles no  Lead belly no Beatles, well I would go just as far has saying no Tinctoris no Ockegem, he learn from Tinctoris improve from him?

--- End quote ---

Here is the NONESUCH recording: great company!

https://www.youtube.com/v/yZk6IhwhW9A

vers la flamme:
Stupid question for you erudite folk: do you consider Schütz to be a Renaissance or a Baroque composer? Why?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version