The Early Music Club (EMC)

Started by zamyrabyrd, October 06, 2007, 10:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandryka

Quote from: deprofundis on November 29, 2021, 07:47:34 AM
Okay you sin and never pay attention to might of Jacob Obrecht did you actuall yah done this, repent whit the folowing CD whit a fantastic ensemble and sounds of Capella de le Torre ensemble , a humble  but very great label fur musik der rennaissance das itch Alte Musik for one solid composer, any aware people in musiclogist all agree whit me the rendition of works are sublime ans surreal, real darn good stuff I say.

;)

Yes excellent. No better Obrecht on record.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

Carlo Gesualdo

I order  Troubadour art ensemble LA TROBA direction Gerard Marcheto two CD quite expensive I say but sound awesome look awesome heck.

Mandryka

Quote from: deprofundis on December 01, 2021, 03:24:19 PM
I order  Troubadour art ensemble LA TROBA direction Gerard Marcheto two CD quite expensive I say but sound awesome look awesome heck.

I'm afraid I don't like it, I think it is vulgar and tawdry.

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: Mandryka on December 01, 2021, 06:43:22 PM
I'm afraid I don't like it, I think it is vulgar and tawdry.

Well Mandryka I don't know about this recording only heard Rigaut DE Berbezith and find it ockay perhaps I am wrong...

I also order two Peter Philips sacred music, one on Naxos rooster, The other one look supreme  Choir of Trinity College Cambridge, Shutz Plasmens and to finnish this sweet  and spectacular  Ars Subtilior on Linn Label; Philip Cave Pickett, now please agree this is  strong album, why LINN offer quality recording built record player of best kind, and  produce excellent recordings, Philip Cave very talented director of ensemble, the choice of artists decent.

premont

Quote from: deprofundis on December 07, 2021, 06:10:58 AM
... and spectacular  Ars Subtilior on Linn Label; Philip Cave, now please agree this is  strong album, why LINN offer quality recording built record player of best kind, and  produce excellent recordings, Philip Cave very talented director of ensemble, the choice of artists decent.
Ars Subtilior on Linn  label, do you think of Philip Pickett (and not Cave) or is there some recording I don't know?
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Mandryka

Quote from: deprofundis on December 07, 2021, 06:10:58 AM
Well Mandryka I don't know about this recording only heard Rigaut DE Berbezith and find it ockay perhaps I am wrong...

Yes well those women singers have an authentic and characterful voice

https://www.youtube.com/v/MK5V3ffPPl8&ab_channel=Iranon

Some of the Guilhem De Peiteus on the same CD -- that's the sort of music making I don't like.

Carlo Gesualdo

Quote from: Mandryka on December 07, 2021, 11:13:35 AM
Yes well that woman singer has an authentic and characterful voice -- do you know her name?

No sir  ???

Carlo Gesualdo

Dear folks into Ancient Lore, third most flamboyant, rich, colorfull and sunny, sweet folks, got n album that fantastic for Ars Subtilior Period, don't if new fairly new, perhaps so  never seen it so far, The Red Book of Ossuary, whit a delightfull choice of obscur name of Ars Subtilior on the French side of Ars Subtilior some anon, some notorious but mostly name here drawn my attention, the climax of this album is of rich Occitanian sound of passion and wonder, a pearl of an album, new complety to my eye, wow, awesome, splendid, pure magic.

Cher Mandryka j'espère que cet album va vous seduce la voix DE la chanteuse est fabulous ainsi que instrumentation, je recommend a vous cher ami.

I was Telling how much this album is outrageously good, sound like, prettier ars subtilior ala Ensemble Tetraktys, very rhythmic as I can hear & groovy, whit horn and all sort of good melody, real lounge in a way, confortable, I would says It an interesting very good  album to persevering smart one jazzy a bit in some way, I like it, the ensemble has is own recipe, is own unique ingredients, not that much fault or irritant, maybe not the best album I heard but certainly not the worst. At best a lovely album  a bit experimental at worst too daring but still decent enought to listen, tell me folks what yeah think hey, tell it to the olde boye deprofundis de name,sound modernism toss in for more daring ars subtilior. the ensemble seem Greek or has Greek name.

I'm continuing hearing there is synth? it's proggy new-age tinted, cabaret lounge like I said, modern yet the spirit is there.

Whit all this saying great or not so great, one  like it or not, I think so far it captivating, even if modern not for purist of genra, the experimention is  attention grabbing.

Please Have a nice day.

Mandryka

Quote from: deprofundis on December 13, 2021, 12:12:34 AM
Dear folks into Ancient Lore, third most flamboyant, rich, colorfull and sunny, sweet folks, got n album that fantastic for Ars Subtilior Period, don't if new fairly new, perhaps so  never seen it so far, The Red Book of Ossuary, whit a delightfull choice of obscur name of Ars Subtilior on the French side of Ars Subtilior some anon, some notorious but mostly name here drawn my attention, the climax of this album is of rich Occitanian sound of passion and wonder, a pearl of an album, new complety to my eye, wow, awesome, splendid, pure magic.

Cher Mandryka j'espère que cet album va vous seduce la voix DE la chanteuse est fabulous ainsi que instrumentation, je recommend a vous cher ami.

I was Telling how much this album is outrageously good, sound like, prettier ars subtilior ala Ensemble Tetraktys, very rhythmic as I can hear & groovy, whit horn and all sort of good melody, real lounge in a way, confortable, I would says It an interesting very good  album to persevering smart one jazzy a bit in some way, I like it, the ensemble has is own recipe, is own unique ingredients, not that much fault or irritant, maybe not the best album I heard but certainly not the worst. At best a lovely album  a bit experimental at worst too daring but still decent enought to listen, tell me folks what yeah think hey, tell it to the olde boye deprofundis de name,sound modernism toss in for more daring ars subtilior. the ensemble seem Greek or has Greek name.

I'm continuing hearing there is synth? it's proggy new-age tinted, cabaret lounge like I said, modern yet the spirit is there.

Whit all this saying great or not so great, one  like it or not, I think so far it captivating, even if modern not for purist of genra, the experimention is  attention grabbing.

Please Have a nice day.

Here it is

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Ossory-Caitriona-OLeary-Anakronos/dp/B085R74S74

It's medieval jazz fusion kind of thing. And she has a lovely voice.

premont

Quote from: Mandryka on December 13, 2021, 06:04:13 AM
Here it is

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Ossory-Caitriona-OLeary-Anakronos/dp/B085R74S74

It's medieval jazz fusion kind of thing. And she has a lovely voice.

Thanks for the clarifying additional information. Jazz fusion, hmmm..., I clearly have to investigate this.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Carlo Gesualdo

Well hello folks , I want you to make yah all jaleous, yes this is what I seek, not show off this is an old album CD media on Caliope:Tallis, Sheppard, Parson, Gentlemen of the Chapel Royal.

It featured awesome rendition of Ensemble Jachet DE Mantoue aka Jacquet Of Mantua, das verr Goode hey  8

Mandryka

Carlo Gesualdo

Greetings! folks

I'm into a Girolamo Frescobaldi his madrigals whit the following title that are very great.

(Brilliant Classic) great recording.

And a new arrival Heinrich Schultz Cantationes Sacrae Philip Cave & Magnificat. I'm so amazed.

Frescobaldi great organist and great vocal music.

Mandryka

Carlo Gesualdo

Dear  EMC proeminent menbers, everyone that care about English early polyphony should check out The Sisteen ensemble Robert Carver album  I had purchase it in cd  seem so unique in this world, unique has in John Browne music, kind of mystic in a way, and very pretty pallet of color employed, very underated music, I would say, order the CD album today but will listen to more of his work tonight, hello Mandryka, do you know this great polyphonist sir?

Bien le bonjour  8)

Mandryka

Quote from: deprofundis on January 04, 2022, 06:17:07 PM
Dear  EMC proeminent menbers, everyone that care about English early polyphony should check out The Sisteen ensemble Robert Carver album  I had purchase it in cd  seem so unique in this world, unique has in John Browne music, kind of mystic in a way, and very pretty pallet of color employed, very underated music, I would say, order the CD album today but will listen to more of his work tonight, hello Mandryka, do you know this great polyphonist sir?

Bien le bonjour  8)

Bonne nouvelle année De Profundis

I certainly know Bjorn Schmelzer's recording of the Browne Stabat Mater, and Tonus Peregrinus's. DaveF, who posts here, is very knowledgeable about Browne and he rates The Sixteen highly. 

premont

Quote from: Mandryka on December 20, 2021, 01:15:07 AM
Well here's some Renaissance jazz for you

https://www.clicmusique.com/song-without-words-musique-instrumentale-renaissance-camerata-trajectina-p-108078.html?osCsid=dc7920247bb2a25cdb6cee75a30a1732

Well, after some listening I conclude, that clarinet and saxophone aren't just my cup of tea in this repertoire. Nor do I find the interpretations as such remarkable.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

premont

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Carlo Gesualdo

Guillaume DE Machaut strangely complexe universeve of Chanson, virelai, Balades, Motets, Isorythmic Motets, yep ' I order a complete Machaut Motets and there is Isorythmic Motets I guess on AEON, it's Machaut complete Motets in two CD , sound promessing, don't you think fellows, and beside I am expection a NON-SUCH of Messe DE Notre-Dame, this is major hey Machaut chef d'oeuvre in analogue, what an LP, Machaut could be central classical to be in between in Ars Nova & Ars Subtilior.

Look at unusual song in his output,  there is Phyton Le Fabuleus Serpent, that is too me unusual groovy, what I mean is , his music was well ellaborated and refined for it's respective time, like Jehan Lescureil Chanson , whom before Machaut would constructed perfect songs, maybe someone who dig Machaut song's = Chanson might enjoy Jehan Lescureil, most probably so, I want to talk of these arist, Machaut Isorythmic motets and Lescureil most interesting album I know two of them, greeting folks, bonjour Mandryka  :)