The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

The Early Music Club (EMC)

<< < (348/354) > >>

deprofundis:
Dear  EMC proeminent menbers, everyone that care about English early polyphony should check out The Sisteen ensemble Robert Carver album  I had purchase it in cd  seem so unique in this world, unique has in John Browne music, kind of mystic in a way, and very pretty pallet of color employed, very underated music, I would say, order the CD album today but will listen to more of his work tonight, hello Mandryka, do you know this great polyphonist sir?

Bien le bonjour  8)

Mandryka:

--- Quote from: deprofundis on January 04, 2022, 07:17:07 PM ---Dear  EMC proeminent menbers, everyone that care about English early polyphony should check out The Sisteen ensemble Robert Carver album  I had purchase it in cd  seem so unique in this world, unique has in John Browne music, kind of mystic in a way, and very pretty pallet of color employed, very underated music, I would say, order the CD album today but will listen to more of his work tonight, hello Mandryka, do you know this great polyphonist sir?

Bien le bonjour  8)

--- End quote ---

Bonne nouvelle année De Profundis

I certainly know Bjorn Schmelzer’s recording of the Browne Stabat Mater, and Tonus Peregrinus’s. DaveF, who posts here, is very knowledgeable about Browne and he rates The Sixteen highly. 

(: premont :):

--- Quote from: Mandryka on December 20, 2021, 02:15:07 AM ---Well here’s some Renaissance jazz for you

https://www.clicmusique.com/song-without-words-musique-instrumentale-renaissance-camerata-trajectina-p-108078.html?osCsid=dc7920247bb2a25cdb6cee75a30a1732

--- End quote ---

Well, after some listening I conclude, that clarinet and saxophone aren't just my cup of tea in this repertoire. Nor do I find the interpretations as such remarkable.

(: premont :):

--- Quote from: Mandryka on January 03, 2022, 08:44:33 AM ---

This one’s interesting.

--- End quote ---

Ordered.

deprofundis:
Guillaume DE Machaut strangely complexe universeve of Chanson, virelai, Balades, Motets, Isorythmic Motets, yep ' I order a complete Machaut Motets and there is Isorythmic Motets I guess on AEON, it's Machaut complete Motets in two CD , sound promessing, don't you think fellows, and beside I am expection a NON-SUCH of Messe DE Notre-Dame, this is major hey Machaut chef d'oeuvre in analogue, what an LP, Machaut could be central classical to be in between in Ars Nova & Ars Subtilior.

Look at unusual song in his output,  there is Phyton Le Fabuleus Serpent, that is too me unusual groovy, what I mean is , his music was well ellaborated and refined for it's respective time, like Jehan Lescureil Chanson , whom before Machaut would constructed perfect songs, maybe someone who dig Machaut song's = Chanson might enjoy Jehan Lescureil, most probably so, I want to talk of these arist, Machaut Isorythmic motets and Lescureil most interesting album I know two of them, greeting folks, bonjour Mandryka  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version