The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

The Early Music Club (EMC)

<< < (354/356) > >>

deprofundis:
Monsieur Mandryka, sir you know my reputation here is all I have my impression of a great record, not to be miss out on if you like early vocal music like Chants called MEDIEVAL BYZANTINE CHANT- listen to this album by Capella Romana, the same ensemble that did The Fall of Constantinople. Very relaxing moody not drab at all, the voice sound inspired by Ottoman ., this music for the Feast of January 1th &6th

aligreto:
Collegium Vocale Koln: Madrigals - Monteverdi, Download, Gibbons, Gesualdo & others.

The rather dismissive “others” includes music by such composers as Josquin, De La Rue, Jannequin, Lassus, Morley, Arcadelt and Willaert! This quality vocal presentation is very clear and well balanced.

aligreto:
Music in the Age of Leonardo Da Vinci [Ensemble Claude-Gervaise]

This music features a number of different composers as well as the ubiquitous Anonymous. The music includes vocal and purely instrumental elements. I find the main vocalist, Cécile Gendron, to be quite pleasant to listen to. All of the musicians play very well both individually and collectively. However, what I particularly like about this album is the textures and sonorities of the instruments featured.

(: premont :):

--- Quote from: aligreto on July 11, 2022, 03:35:21 AM ---Music in the Age of Leonardo Da Vinci [Ensemble Claude-Gervaise]

This music features a number of different composers as well as the ubiquitous Anonymous. The music includes vocal and purely instrumental elements. I find the main vocalist, Cécile Gendron, to be quite pleasant to listen to. All of the musicians play very well both individually and collectively. However, what I particularly like about this album is the textures and sonorities of the instruments featured.

--- End quote ---

Here is a little more information about the content and musicians:

https://www.discogs.com/master/1174324-Ensemble-Claude-Gervaise-Music-In-The-Age-Of-Leonardo-Da-Vinci-Musique-Au-Temps-De-L%C3%A9onard-De-Vinci

LKB:
Another plug for the King's Singers Josquin on RCA from the '90's. It really is quite good:

https://www.amazon.com/Renaissance-Josquin-Desprez-Simon-Carrington/dp/B000003FK2/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=2IUESJVDK4UB3&keywords=Josquin+kings+Singers&qid=1657578573&sprefix=josquin+kings+singers%2Caps%2C309&sr=8-5

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version