The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

The Early Music Club (EMC)

<< < (356/357) > >>

coffee:
I happened to pick up Chants de la liturgie slavonne by the Choeur des Moines de Chevetogne (I think that's something like Chants of the Slavic Liturgy by the Choir of the Monks of Chevetogne Abbey, in Belgium) but I haven't heard it yet.

Anyone heard this?

Harry:

--- Quote from: coffee on July 25, 2022, 07:06:02 PM ---I happened to pick up Chants de la liturgie slavonne by the Choeur des Moines de Chevetogne (I think that's something like Chants of the Slavic Liturgy by the Choir of the Monks of Chevetogne Abbey, in Belgium) but I haven't heard it yet.

Anyone heard this?

--- End quote ---

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have almost all their recordings. If your into this kind of music  it's worth your while.

Que:

--- Quote from: coffee on July 25, 2022, 07:06:02 PM ---I happened to pick up Chants de la liturgie slavonne by the Choeur des Moines de Chevetogne (I think that's something like Chants of the Slavic Liturgy by the Choir of the Monks of Chevetogne Abbey, in Belgium) but I haven't heard it yet.

Anyone heard this?

--- End quote ---

I know Harry is the connaisseur here! :)
Slavic chant used to be quite popular, but I hardly ever see it on these pages anymore.

milk:
I keep forgetting where early organ music goes. Anyway, is Bovet the real deal?

(: premont :):

--- Quote from: milk on August 12, 2022, 01:35:02 AM ---I keep forgetting where early organ music goes. Anyway, is Bovet the real deal?

--- End quote ---

if you are interested in the organ and the oldest surviving keyboard music (Codex Robertsbridge) this CD fulfills the wish rather well. I have heard a few of Bovet's organ recordings and also heard him live at a recital and never found him disappointing.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8065533--guy-bovet-a-lorgue-de-la-basilique-de-valere-1390-the-worlds-oldest-playable-organ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version