The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

The Early Music Club (EMC)

<< < (357/357)

aligreto:
Cross post from the Listening Thread

O Magnum Mysterium:

I feel that I must make a comment regarding this set as I have enjoyed it enormously for both its content and the consistent quality of its presentations of the music. 

The signature sound of Schola Cantorum Stuttgart is truly wonderful throughout this set in representing this genre of music. Gottwald consistently focuses on reproducing the music directly and continuously to the best effect. I believe that he very much succeeds in this endeavour. The choir consistently sounds very rich and full in its range of sonorities which consistently enhances the delivery of this music. It is also recorded in a warm and benign acoustic throughout. The set comes highly recommended for its thoroughly enjoyable performances throughout.

milk:

--- Quote from: (: premont :) on August 12, 2022, 02:30:24 AM ---if you are interested in the organ and the oldest surviving keyboard music (Codex Robertsbridge) this CD fulfills the wish rather well. I have heard a few of Bovet's organ recordings and also heard him live at a recital and never found him disappointing.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8065533--guy-bovet-a-lorgue-de-la-basilique-de-valere-1390-the-worlds-oldest-playable-organ

--- End quote ---
Thanks!

Que:

--- Quote from: The new erato on September 15, 2022, 10:38:38 PM ---On vacation my only possible contribution is

--- End quote ---

Can't see the picture, but where are you travelling?  :)

The new erato:

--- Quote from: Que on September 15, 2022, 10:40:53 PM ---Can't see the picture, but where are you travelling?  :)

--- End quote ---
Thought I had deleted my post. Tried to post a picture from the church where Vivaldi were baptized, but it was too big andI had no easy way to reduce the size on my phone.

Have been to Bolzano, Mantova, Cremona. Padova, Venezia so far in September. Currently in Ferrara and aiming for Cinque Terre tomorrow. Spent the best part of a day in the Gonzaga palace.

Que:

--- Quote from: The new erato on September 16, 2022, 04:23:26 AM ---Thought I had deleted my post. Tried to post a picture from the church where Vivaldi were baptized, but it was too big andI had no easy way to reduce the size on my phone.

Have been to Bolzano, Mantova, Cremona. Padova, Venezia so far in September. Currently in Ferrara and aiming for Cinque Terre tomorrow. Spent the best part of a day in the Gonzaga palace.

--- End quote ---

Wonderful!  :) I thought Ferrara was magical. Cinque Terre is utterly charming in a totally different way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version