midi to mp3?....

Started by greg, October 10, 2007, 12:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

i can't convert my MIDI files to mp3, i need someone to do that for me please.

please

please

Pretty please?.......

karlhenning

lukeottevanger

You could also try Midi Converter, or some such program. Midi Converter is the best of the few I've tried, though the trial version only allows you to convert a minute of your midi file. A little patience and ingenuity and you can find ways around this, though.

greg

Quote from: karlhenning on October 10, 2007, 12:14:08 PM
Do you use Finale?
i WISH  ;D

(one day, one day........................... when i have a spare $500)

Quote from: lukeottevanger on October 10, 2007, 01:55:56 PM
You could also try Midi Converter, or some such program. Midi Converter is the best of the few I've tried, though the trial version only allows you to convert a minute of your midi file. A little patience and ingenuity and you can find ways around this, though.
there has to be a simpler way than that.....
oh well. I've downloaded stuff like this before, but, hey, if you think it can be done despite the limitations, i'll try it out (haven't tried it out before, really).

here goes nothing........   >:D

lukeottevanger

Well, it worked OK for me the one time I really needed to use it.

greg

i just converted the first minute of a file and then realized that there's no possible way to do the rest. Because..... i don't have the Noteworthy (.nwc) files for it, so I can't do the whole plan of erasing the first minute, then converting another minute, and then when all the files are converted, gluing all the completed .mp3 files together into one using (for me) Sound Forge Studio.

i just opened it up in my demo version of Finale 2005 and tried to see how it'd sound, if i could save as mp3 using that version. I think I've figured it out, but I can't do it myself since I have the trial version. Import the MIDI files, change the MIDI setup to Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth (the original MIDI i used), and we're good! The other settings I think are pretty obvious, it just needs to sound the same way.

so i think that only someone with Finale (and that soundfont) can help me.

Larry Rinkel

I can do this for you using Adobe Audition.

johnQpublic

http://www.hamienet.com/midi2mp3

Sound quality is not great, but it works..for more than 1 minute.. :D

cx

Change your recording settings to "Line-in" instead of microphone, etc. This tells your computer to record what your computer "hears". Then open windows sound recorder, hit record, and play your midi. It should record. Then you'll have a wav, which should be easier to convert to mp3. I've used Audacity, a free audio editing program, to do this.

I can't really help with the details further than that because I have Vista now, which has a new sound recorder program and recording settings interface, but I've done this successfully several times in the past.

greg

Quote from: johnQpublic on October 10, 2007, 04:13:34 PM
http://www.hamienet.com/midi2mp3

Sound quality is not great, but it works..for more than 1 minute.. :D
i just tried this now..... seems cool but it changes the sound of the MIDI, and i can't have it changed since it throws everything off

Quote from: CS on October 10, 2007, 11:32:46 PM
Change your recording settings to "Line-in" instead of microphone, etc. This tells your computer to record what your computer "hears". Then open windows sound recorder, hit record, and play your midi. It should record. Then you'll have a wav, which should be easier to convert to mp3. I've used Audacity, a free audio editing program, to do this.

I can't really help with the details further than that because I have Vista now, which has a new sound recorder program and recording settings interface, but I've done this successfully several times in the past.
you know, this is a cool trick- i've always wanted to know how record what my computer is play  :D
i just tried this, too, but it's only recording static  ???
so at the moment i just can't figure it out...

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on October 10, 2007, 03:47:16 PM
I can do this for you using Adobe Audition.
are you sure you'll be able to have the MIDI sound exactly as it does? if so, go ahead, that'd be great!
just make sure you download from the link of the first post of my thread so you'll have everything.
but if you can't make it sound exactly as it does, don't worry about it; i'll have to figure it out with the line-in recording trick.

greg

never mind, i guess i'm ok

probably next year i'll save up for Finale and let my parents help out during Christmas so i could "get" Finale for Christmas. Can't do that this year, since i'm doing the same thing for something else, if i can get a job before Christmas  :P
and maybe the year after next year, an iPod!  :D
and then a notebook PC!  :D

and that would take care of everything  8)