The football (soccer) thread

Started by Peregrine, October 24, 2007, 02:26:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madiel

I watched the highlights, looks like Tottenham v Arsenal had its fair share of entertainment.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

mahler10th

Having lived in Yorkshire for 8 years, I have a soft spot for Leeds United, who are likeley to be toppled from automatic promotion into the play-offs by Ipswich with a game in hand and all to play for.  I watched Leeds knock the hellfire daylights out of Celtic in 72 or 73 on a black and white telly, so I shouldn't really like them, but COME ON THE LEEDS!   :P  :-\

vandermolen

Quote from: Holden on April 28, 2024, 12:59:13 PMYou've got no worries compared to me.

Until the debacle that was the Mason Greenwood affair I was a Man U supporter. I've never seen a sporting club in any discipline shoot itself in the foot so many times. With Greenwood they had a chance to stand up and state the obvious which was that the police and the original complainant (who is now the mother of his child) had dropped all charges so what's the issue? However, they let the woke brigade and the media vultures determine what was going to happen.
Yes, I understand, although the debacle at Stamford Bridge has been dispiriting.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

springrite

Quote from: vandermolen on April 29, 2024, 12:01:12 AMYes, I understand, although the debacle at Stamford Bridge has been dispiriting.
...and all those decade-long contacts...
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

springrite

Almost forgot to celebrate  St. Totteringham's Day!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.