karlhenning

And we're waiting, Greg  8)

karlhenning

Maciek

Symphonien

Quote from: Maciek on June 28, 2007, 02:29:41 AM
Go to:
http://notes.tarakanov.net/composers/sh.htm
and look for А. Шнитке. An easy way to find him there would be to use the "search page" option in your browser and look for "Concerto Grosso No1" - that's the first Schnittke piece listed.

Wow! I knew about that site but I never realised they had Schnittke there. I must have just presumed he wouldn't be because he didn't die that long ago. Thanks for the heads up!

Symphonien

Just to bump this thread up, I've been looking around that Russian site and I thought I'd let you know of a few interesting things I've found there so far. The big discoveries for me were Ligeti's 10 Pieces for Wind Quintet (Awesome! And I like the quote he puts for the final bassoon note - now my signature :)), and Messiaen's Quatuor pour la Fin du Temps and complete Vingt Regards! I've also noticed a couple of early pieces by Gubaidulina and some Penderecki. As well as the aforementioned Kancheli and Takemitsu.

Ahh... the joys of scores...

Maciek

Anyone know a place where I could download stuff by Karłowicz/Karlowicz (especially the tone poems but I wouldn't mind his songs or VC either) or Moniuszko (mainly the operas but other pieces, especially his songs, would be nice to have too)?

greg

Quote from: Maciek on July 26, 2007, 10:43:32 AM
Anyone know a place where I could download stuff by Karłowicz/Karlowicz (especially the tone poems but I wouldn't mind his songs or VC either) or Moniuszko (mainly the operas but other pieces, especially his songs, would be nice to have too)?
you could probably download in a book format from a publishing company somewhere..... the catch is, they make you pay money.  ;)

IMSLP is on 10,851! isn't that insane?!!!!!!!!!
where's the Prokofiev symphonies now? and the last movement to Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra? come on, people, stop uploading useless junk and get to the good stuff  8)