You can choose 3 of them

94 "Surprise"
96 "Miracle"
100 "Military"
101 "The Clock"
103 "Drum-roll"
104 "London"

quintett op.57

Many masterpieces in this cycle (2 cycles of six actually, a usual number for this composer, one for each journey in England).

I'm curious to know which are the most popular and how many GMGers will answer. 

For me, 96 & 103
I particularly love 44 & 83 as well, but I had not the courage to prepare a 104 options poll tonight, sorry.

bhodges

This is another one of those hard "my favorite is the last one I heard" choices, but I do like 96 and 103 as well. 

--Bruce

Don

I guess this is about Haydn; I thought it was the London Symphony of Vaughan Williams.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to place Haydn's name somewhere on the initial posting.

hornteacher

Mark G. Simon

No. 102 has always been my favorite of the Haydn symphonies. Some favorite moments are the stretto entries in the development, and the timp crescendo leading to the recap. The slow movement sounds so deep and full of wisdom.

No. 103 is a big favorite too, though. A hint of Dies Irae in the beginning, and the way it returns for the coda. The double variations are cool.

Lots of great stuff in the others as well.

Mark

I voted only for the 'Drumroll', because I seriously need to spend more time considering the others.

Solitary Wanderer

'Surprise' for me, only because I heard it live last year. They are all worthwhile though  :)
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

val

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Sergeant Rock

My three favorite London symphonies, with favorite performances:

93 - Szell/Cleveland

94 - Bernstein/Vienna

95 - Klemperer/Philharmonia

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Kullervo

cx

Novi

"Surprise"
"Drumroll"
"London"

The "Surprise" is a nostalgic vote. I've loved it since I was little, how a symphony can go 'BOO' :D.
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.