Author Topic: Do you have any suggestians?  (Read 4669 times)

Offline mikkeljs

Do you have any suggestians?
« on: April 19, 2007, 12:54:35 PM »
Have searched for quite a while, but without luck. Do anyone know of a modern composer, that wants to write as unpersonally music as possible and in all kinds of different styles, genres, structures and proportions?
I thought, that if there really exists such a composer today, there would probably be a reason why he is not well known.  ;D

Offline Christo

• Veteran member
  • ... an opening of those magic casements ...
Re: Do you have any suggestians?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 02:23:18 AM »
Have searched for quite a while, but without luck. Do anyone know of a modern composer, that wants to write as unpersonally music as possible and in all kinds of different styles, genres, structures and proportions? 

I would suggest Gunnar Reynir Sveinsson, or perhaps Richard Nanes or Peter Jan Wagemans.
… music is not only an 'entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Offline val

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 03:06:16 AM »
mikkeljs

I thought, that if there really exists such a composer today, there would probably be a reason why he is not well known. 

The reason? Perhaps because his music sounds so unpersonal.

gomro

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 12:38:39 PM »
I thought, that if there really exists such a composer today, there would probably be a reason why he is not well known.  ;D

If I understand what you're shooting for, Takashi Yoshimatsu is who you're shooting for. Look up his discs at www.chandos.net