Do you have any suggestians?

Started by mikkeljs, April 19, 2007, 01:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikkeljs

Have searched for quite a while, but without luck. Do anyone know of a modern composer, that wants to write as unpersonally music as possible and in all kinds of different styles, genres, structures and proportions?
I thought, that if there really exists such a composer today, there would probably be a reason why he is not well known.  ;D

Christo

Quote from: mikkeljs on April 19, 2007, 01:54:35 PM
Have searched for quite a while, but without luck. Do anyone know of a modern composer, that wants to write as unpersonally music as possible and in all kinds of different styles, genres, structures and proportions? 

I would suggest Gunnar Reynir Sveinsson, or perhaps Richard Nanes or Peter Jan Wagemans.
... music is not only an 'entertainment', nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

val

Quotemikkeljs

I thought, that if there really exists such a composer today, there would probably be a reason why he is not well known. 

The reason? Perhaps because his music sounds so unpersonal.

gomro

Quote from: mikkeljs on April 19, 2007, 01:54:35 PM
I thought, that if there really exists such a composer today, there would probably be a reason why he is not well known.  ;D

If I understand what you're shooting for, Takashi Yoshimatsu is who you're shooting for. Look up his discs at www.chandos.net