We are coming, Father Abra'am, 500,000 more

Started by RebLem, April 20, 2007, 12:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebLem

April 20, 2007, 2:47PM

Gunman prompts evacuation at Space Center
© 2007 The Associated Press

HOUSTON — A Johnson Space Center building was evacuated Friday after reports of a gunman inside, Houston police said.

Police were called about 1:40 p.m. for building 44, which houses communications and tracking development laboratory, news reports said.

Johnson Space Center security officers and Houston police, including a SWAT team, were dispatched to the scene.

NASA spokesman James Hartsfield said the building was "one of the smaller" office buildings on the JSC campus, where Mission Control is based.

He declined to speculate on how the person got a gun inside NASA security or his motives.

The identity of the armed man is not yet known.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4734456.html
"Guns don't kill people. Gun nuts do."--popular bumper sticker
"When evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve."--Jello Biafra
"Crescit sub pondere virtus."--Motto on McCann family crest.
"Don't drink and drive; you might spill it."--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father.

Szykneij

I thought it was 300,000. At any rate, I'm not sure I see the connection with the current event.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige