Author Topic: What highest price you pay for one single CD or LP no box-set?  (Read 178 times)

Offline deprofundis

• Veteran member
  • A person living in his dreams & Stouts Beer dude
  • Currently Listening to:
    classical, skronk-jazz, blues, electro, noise, ambient, experimental etc
Well what about a trend on this, you paid and were like, darn this is so expensive, than you  were oh no my wallet empty now , what have I done, I most be a mental case ?
My works 26 yrs anniversary noisy hell production on Bandcamp featuring works 4 works whiteout: Hexen! smoke & fire, not on own N.H.P Record ,tell what ya think, need feedback from Students radio-show?:
https://bandcamp.com/baronvonblood lauch private, of Two LP's of WRECKAGE and TOTAL ANNIHILATION

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
Re: What highest price you pay for one single CD or LP no box-set?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 10:06:20 PM »
Some cases where I paid around 20 Euros, for a CD, the standard retail price, but that was long ago ... and a couple of instances where I accepted customs fees, adding to the price.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 10:08:50 PM by MusicTurner »

Offline T. D.

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 07:05:31 PM »
I think the most I ever paid for a CD was around US$25 shipped, but that was in the prior millennium.
"In theory" I'd pay $25-30 shipped for something oop that I really want, but I haven't yet done so, though there are a couple of discs I'm on the fence about.
For example, many rare jazz CDs I'd like get limited-quantity Japanese releases for around $24.99 + shipping, but they always sell out before I can persuade myself to pay that amount!

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • Too late. Too little.
    • Soundcloud
    I am revisiting my CD collection.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 01:56:07 AM »
In the 90's I used to pay the asked price which was 100-130 mk (Finnish mark "markka") equating 17-22 euros.

Interned made me wanting cheaper music, so nowadays over 15 euros for a single CD feels awful and I don't pay over 20 euros for single CDs. That's why I will NEVER get a lot of Tangerine Dream music for example, but I accept this sad fact.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW track "Yin Yang"

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 06:33:19 AM »
Not something I am proud of as an obscene amount to pay for four LP's. Embarrassed to say how much! Oddly, I have only played the set once as I feel happier and more relaxed listening to something picked up at a charity shop for a few quid.

L'Archet D'Or. Series Two 2003. https://www.coupdarchet.com/l-archet-d-or.html

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Online steve ridgway

• Veteran member
    The museum of musical modernism
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 06:46:45 AM »
Not a crazy amount, maybe something like 30 pounds for some out of print "rock" album.