On-line Stores & Sellers

Started by Expresso, July 02, 2007, 09:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on October 05, 2023, 11:07:33 AMWhich format were they allowing for at that price?

PD

This was CD resolution lossless. High resolution would be a bit more expensive, but it is an older release and only CD resolution is available. Chandos.net had it for 6 pounds, or about $7.50.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Papy Oli

Quote from: Spotted Horses on October 05, 2023, 10:50:03 AMNow Qobuz seems to be selling Naxos downloads for about the same price as Prestoclassical, about $13.

I did find the Naxos releases I was looking for (Martinu/Koukl) on Chandos.net for a better price, but their payment system kept failing when I tried to use PayPal. Oh well, I'm back to buying used copies off eBay or amazon marketplace. :(

Are these the 2 Songs volumes you are after ? They are $8 and $5.5 each on E-classical at the moment

Edit: and 50% off with the code naxos50kp.

6.67 USD in total
Olivier

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Papy Oli on October 05, 2023, 11:45:47 AMAre these the 2 Songs volumes you are after ? They are $8 and $5.5 each on E-classical at the moment

Looking for the solo piano music. Oddly eclassical doesn't seem to have them.

Maybe I'll try PayPal on Chandos.net again tomorrow. Perhaps there is some temporary technical glitch causing difficulty. In the mean time, I can stream them.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Papy Oli

Quote from: Spotted Horses on October 05, 2023, 11:48:24 AMLooking for the solo piano music. Oddly eclassical doesn't seem to have them.

Ah, sorry mate, my bad  :(
Olivier

Brian

Just got a shipping confirmation from ArkivMusic...for an order they already delivered two months ago. Hmmmm...

DavidW

Quote from: Brian on November 01, 2023, 12:48:35 PMJust got a shipping confirmation from ArkivMusic...for an order they already delivered two months ago. Hmmmm...

Their shipping is so fast it goes back in time!

Madiel

It's that crazy American date system.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

JBS

Quote from: Brian on November 01, 2023, 12:48:35 PMJust got a shipping confirmation from ArkivMusic...for an order they already delivered two months ago. Hmmmm...

I got two of them.
Hopefully they haven't charged me twice.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Pohjolas Daughter

Hope that you don't end up getting duplicate shipments; that would be a pain to deal with.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Anyone here ever purchase from a site grooves.land?

DavidW

Quote from: Spotted Horses on February 28, 2024, 11:52:57 PMAnyone here ever purchase from a site grooves.land?

I just did!  The Nott Mahler set.  It took literally a month from when I ordered it to it arriving on my door step.  Not only is the mail on the slow boat from Timbuktu, but it took them nearly a week to even ship it.  But I got it, and it was the cheapest price online (at least when I ordered it).

You can also find them on amazon.com as a third party seller if you don't want to make a new account.  I don't think that it will change delivery times, but it does take money out of their pocket (and give it to amazon).

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on February 29, 2024, 08:52:36 AMI just did!  The Nott Mahler set.  It took literally a month from when I ordered it to it arriving on my door step.  Not only is the mail on the slow boat from Timbuktu, but it took them nearly a week to even ship it.  But I got it, and it was the cheapest price online (at least when I ordered it).

You can also find them on amazon.com as a third party seller if you don't want to make a new account.  I don't think that it will change delivery times, but it does take money out of their pocket (and give it to amazon).

Ok, I took the plunge. They have the best prices I have found for the two Rodzinski boxes (New York Philharmonic and Cleveland complete Columbia and RCA) and I'm in no rush.

DavidW

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 01, 2024, 07:14:01 AMOk, I took the plunge. They have the best prices I have found for the two Rodzinski boxes (New York Philharmonic and Cleveland complete Columbia and RCA) and I'm in no rush.

My perspective was if I get tired of waiting I can just stream it anyway (which I ended up doing).

Pohjolas Daughter

How well were the items packaged?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 01, 2024, 08:52:01 AMHow well were the items packaged?

PD

About the same as any other online store.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on March 01, 2024, 08:56:21 AMAbout the same as any other online store.

I still remember when I received an extremely well-packed box of CDs from JPC.  They had put one sturdy cardboard box inside of another with peanuts between the two.  I sent them an email telling them how impressed and happy I was with their shipping department and they wrote back thanking me.  8)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 01, 2024, 07:14:01 AMOk, I took the plunge. They have the best prices I have found for the two Rodzinski boxes (New York Philharmonic and Cleveland complete Columbia and RCA) and I'm in no rush.

I did receive a notice from grooves.land of shipment, fairly promptly. It gave my tracking information on a site I'd never seen before. Apparently it is currently in the possession of Netherlands Post. There were lots of warnings of shipping backlog and delays.

Que

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 07, 2024, 07:13:32 AMI did receive a notice from grooves.land of shipment, fairly promptly. It gave my tracking information on a site I'd never seen before. Apparently it is currently in the possession of Netherlands Post. There were lots of warnings of shipping backlog and delays.

It never occured to me that they might be European based - Germany as it turn out. That offers possibilities....  8)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 07, 2024, 07:13:32 AMI did receive a notice from grooves.land of shipment, fairly promptly. It gave my tracking information on a site I'd never seen before. Apparently it is currently in the possession of Netherlands Post. There were lots of warnings of shipping backlog and delays.

Did they supply any info as to why the delays?  Or does anyone here know?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Spotted Horses

The Rodzinski boxes arrived from grooves.land in good shape, with a transit time of 25 days. They shipped after 3 business days. It took a while because they used Netherlands Post and the package seems to have languished in customs at the origin, and at the port of entry in Los Angeles for some days.

My skepticism about grooves.land cost me. About the time I ordered I saw that the had the Monteux RCA box for just under $100, but decided I would wait until my previous order was delivered before placing another order. By the time that happened the price went up to about $129 (which is still low compared to what amazon.com is asking, more than $200). I ended up ordering the Monteux set from jpc, which was a buck or two less and probably will arrive sooner using DHL.