Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Quote from: ritter on June 21, 2024, 07:50:50 AMWe've been invaded and I haven't been informed?

We will be installing McDonald's and Starbucks on every block. You can thank us later. ;)

ritter

Quote from: DavidW on June 21, 2024, 08:00:37 AMWe will be installing McDonald's and Starbucks on every block. You can thank us later. ;)
They're already here (on almost every block)...

Madiel

Quote from: Spotted Horses on June 21, 2024, 06:54:03 AMThe USPS handles shipping packages from Spain to Australia?

Honestly I wouldn't put it past them, it wouldn't be the weirdest postal experience I've had.

But we draw the line at Starbucks. Their failure in Australia is taught in marketing courses.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Maestro267

Quote from: ritter on June 21, 2024, 08:02:37 AMThey're already here (on almost every block)...

Speed and efficiency!

Elgarian Redux

Having been swept away by the Anna Moffo recording of La Rondine, I searched for a copy of this 10CD boxed set - and found one 2nd hand for £13, apparently the last one available in the entire universe.

Spotted Horses

Koechlin Chamber Music collection, SWR

Was drawn into Koechlin's chamber music by the string quartets. Starting to listen to this SWR set on streaming, found that there are numerous pieces of interest.

The physical box set is nla, but it can be obtained as a lossless download with a digital booklet. It costs $19.77 on Qobuz, $63.25 on presto classical (CD resolution FLAC). It would not have been a temptation at the presto price point. I think I'm done even checking presto for download availability.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington