All About Streaming Music Services

Started by Wakefield, July 02, 2015, 04:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spotted Horses

Quote from: Todd on Today at 09:54:46 AMI don't know.  The ads say they do.  Some chemical or another is included, or maybe not.

Bleach or charcoal, I think. Whether there is a perceptible effect is hard to quantify.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Todd

Quote from: Spotted Horses on Today at 09:59:11 AMBleach or charcoal, I think. Whether there is a perceptible effect is hard to quantify.

A pearly white smile is priceless.  Purchasers appear to believe the products work, so that is good enough.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

DavidW

Quote from: Spotted Horses on Today at 09:33:19 AMThere is something to it, but you take it too far, in my opinion. It is a well known experience that people who settle in the U.S. (and not just from the Soviet Union) find it disconcerting to go to the supermarket and find, for instance, an entire wall of toothpaste. Too many choices and they are all the same (maybe two categories, with and without fluoride). It is disconcerting even for a native of the U.S. like me. But being able to choose from dozens of recordings of Mahler's 9th symphony at no marginal cost does not cause me any inconvenience or stress.

If you haven't read it, I highly recommend The Paradox of Choice.

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on Today at 10:28:50 AMIf you haven't read it, I highly recommend The Paradox of Choice.

I haven't read it, but I think I may have read a review of it.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on Today at 09:33:19 AMThere is something to it, but you take it too far, in my opinion. It is a well known experience that people who settle in the U.S. (and not just from the Soviet Union) find it disconcerting to go to the supermarket and find, for instance, an entire wall of toothpaste. Too many choices and they are all the same (maybe two categories, with and without fluoride). It is disconcerting even for a native of the U.S. like me. But being able to choose from dozens of recordings of Mahler's 9th symphony at no marginal cost does not cause me any inconvenience or stress.
It's mind boggling at times!  :(
Pohjolas Daughter