Art that you like

Started by facehugger, April 06, 2007, 02:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maciek

Love the St. Thomas, Danny!

Peter, yours are great too!

Malczewski is something of a cult figure to many people here. I'm not one of them, though. But I do like a couple of his paintings (if you like them, there are many more here):

Melancholy

Don Quixote and Sancho Pansa

Death

The Rusalkas

My Angel, I will follow you

Landscape with Tobias

Maciek

Harry

Check this out.

Maciek

Maciek

I like the second one, BTW. Who is it by?

Maciek

Josquin des Prez

Quote from: MrOsa on April 13, 2007, 03:58:49 PM
I like the second one, BTW. Who is it by?

Maciek

William Bouguereau.

And damn it for having a thread already. Time to post there...

Maciek

Harry

Quote from: MrOsa on April 13, 2007, 03:58:05 PM
Harry, we already have this thread!

O dear, teaches me to look better, which I did, but somehow I missed it................

Maciek

I can merge the topics, if you like.

Harry

Quote from: MrOsa on April 14, 2007, 01:45:53 AM
I can merge the topics, if you like.

That would be best yes!
Thanks! :)

Maciek

Don Giovanni

My favourite artist, Wassily Kandinsky:

Picasso with probably the first truly modern painting:

Also, Manet's Olympia, which caused uproar and was rejected by the Salon in 1863:

Siedler

Quote from: O Mensch on April 11, 2007, 12:02:57 PM
Siedler,

I think you would like this CSO presentation about Bartok's Miraculous Mandarin.

http://www.cso.org/main.taf?p=15,3

Thanks, Mensch!

Anne

Quote from: Egebedieff on April 14, 2007, 04:40:49 AM
One of my favorite Turner paintings, "The Fighting Temeraire tugged to her last Berth to be broken up " The ship was damaged at the Battle of of Trafalgar. Turner painted it twice, this one years later when it when it was being scrapped, all in keeping with Turner's fascination with the decay of great things.

When I saw the painting (rather than in a book) in the National Gallery, it reminded me of James Brown's cape routine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brown#The_cape_routine

The picture reminds me of Rimsky-Korsakov's The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh

Anne

Quote from: Anne on April 14, 2007, 08:11:10 AM
Quote from: Egebedieff on April 14, 2007, 04:40:49 AM
One of my favorite Turner paintings, "The Fighting Temeraire tugged to her last Berth to be broken up " The ship was damaged at the Battle of of Trafalgar. Turner painted it twice, this one years later when it when it was being scrapped, all in keeping with Turner's fascination with the decay of great things.

When I saw the painting (rather than in a book) in the National Gallery, it reminded me of James Brown's cape routine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Brown#The_cape_routine

The picture reminds me of Rimsky-Korsakov's The Legend of the Invisible City of Kitezh

I hope this attempt works!

http://www.amazon.com/Rimsky-Korsakov-Legend-Invisible-City-Kitezh/dp/B00002DF33/ref=sr_1_1/002-8946394-4608867?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1176593358&sr=1-1

It was the picture of the Gergiev recording I was referring to.

Maciek

Anne, if it's the adding of images/quoting you're having a problem with (I'm not sure what you meant by "I hope this attempt works" ;D), the References section of the Help pages might answer your questions.

Cheers,
Maciek

Anne

Thanks  I will read the Help section.  I can never transfer a picture from another web site to a post I'm writing here.  I can only post the web address.

Maciek

I'm not sure if the help will help. ;D (But do try it.) I'll be starting a special thread for assistance of this kind in the GMG News section presently, so you can take a peek in there if you're left with any questions.

Cheers,
Maciek

Lady Chatterley

Quote from: MrOsa on April 14, 2007, 03:56:53 PM
... I'll be starting a special thread for assistance of this kind in the GMG News section presently, so you can take a peek in there if you're left with any questions.

Cheers,
Maciek

Hurray! I'm so glad,I'm utterly useless at posting pictures.It takes me weeks and months to learn how this darn thing works. Been on it for 6 years now and still don't have the barest clue.To add insult to injury I am a slow one fingered typist.