excerpts from 5 piano pieces

Started by Botafogo, November 04, 2007, 06:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Botafogo

Hello again. Once more I come to this forum to ask its well informed members if they can help me find out the names of 5 piano pieces.

Attention, please: they are out of tune (in most cases a semi-tone below).

The 3 first pieces are here.

Kind regards to everyone.

Botafogo

Now the fourth piece...

Botafogo

Last: the fifth piece.

Once more, kind regards to everyone.

Brian

Hello, Botafogo, those are some very interesting piano pieces! Unfortunately I only recognize one, but now you have made me want to find the others (especially #4).

The one I know is #2. This is the beginning of the Hungarian Rhapsody No. 17 by Franz Liszt. There's a really powerful version of that piece by Roberto Szidon, or if you want to download an mp3 for $1 you can get a very good performance of the piece here.

Botafogo

Quote from: brianrein on November 06, 2007, 08:59:04 PM
Hello, Botafogo, those are some very interesting piano pieces! Unfortunately I only recognize one, but now you have made me want to find the others (especially #4).

The one I know is #2. This is the beginning of the Hungarian Rhapsody No. 17 by Franz Liszt. There's a really powerful version of that piece by Roberto Szidon, or if you want to download an mp3 for $1 you can get a very good performance of the piece here.

You're absolutely right, my dear. And the other pieces are:

1 - Liszt  - Polonaise in e;
3 - Liszt - Consolation no. 6;
4 - Liszt - Scherzo and March;
5 - Liszt - Nuages Gris.

Thanks for your reply and kind regards.

Botafogo

Quote from: brianrein on November 06, 2007, 08:59:04 PM
(...) There's a really powerful version of that piece by Roberto Szidon, or if you want to download an mp3 for $1 you can get a very good performance of the piece here.

And thanks for the recommendation too.