The Classical Download Thread

Started by Mark, June 03, 2007, 02:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Quote from: Spotted Horses on February 11, 2024, 09:58:10 AMConfirm, still doesn't work as of today (across multiple MacOS versions) although I've used it in the past. I certainly won't consider streaming from Qobuz, consider how inept they are.

Resorting to my work computer to download, which is a windows machine.

It is inexcusable!  This is not the 90s, there have to be almost as many Mac users as Windows users out there.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Spotted Horses on February 04, 2024, 11:15:53 PMUnfortunately the 28CD box set is not available from qobuz in the U.S. It is available on presto-classical as a FLAC download for $253. :(

Does anyone here have experience with a VPN which would give me a UK IP number? :)
If you have Norton, you can select to use a UK VPN. This is how I watch some of the BBC streams.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Quote from: Spotted Horses on February 04, 2024, 11:15:53 PMUnfortunately the 28CD box set is not available from qobuz in the U.S. It is available on presto-classical as a FLAC download for $253. :(

Does anyone here have experience with a VPN which would give me a UK IP number? :)
Turn off secure vpn. in switching it back on, select the UK as a region. Re-start.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Karl Henning

BTW, how does one pronounce Qobuz?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

DavidW

Quote from: Karl Henning on February 11, 2024, 12:26:17 PMBTW, how does one pronounce Qobuz?

I always pronounce it ko-buz but mostly because I know nobody would correct me if I was wrong!

It is a Kazakh stringed instrument, so don't try to frenchify the name.  kobyz probably pronounced ko-bees??

Roasted Swan

The current free FLAC/MP3 download from Classic Selections is the excellent version of Rach. Symphony No.2 by Vernon Handley and the RPO

This is the original release cover but its been licenced to various companies with various covers since.  But it remains a version well worth hearing - and for free not to be missed....

DavidW

Quote from: Roasted Swan on March 11, 2024, 07:50:38 AMThe current free FLAC/MP3 download from Classic Selections

Classics section of what site?

DavidW

I received a code from eclassical for half off participating labels for half off, just use march 50.

BIS
    Pentatone
    Harmonia Mundi
    Naxos
    Alpha Classics
    Chandos

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on March 11, 2024, 01:51:03 PMClassics section of what site?
From ClassicSelect World.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on March 12, 2024, 09:57:20 AMFrom ClassicSelect World.

PD

Thanks.  I never heard of them before.  I see that they also have the magnificent Gewandhaus Q set of Beethoven SQs for a cheap price.