The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethevich

I was tempted but it won't confirm how much the shipping will be :c
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

kishnevi

Quote from: Lethevich on April 19, 2012, 06:38:23 AM

I'm in the US, so I simply needed to add things to the order I was going to get at some point anyway to get the free shipping.

Did you check AmazonUK?  If you're lucky,  they made the same mistake.

Opus106

>:D Tempted, very much so. This might very well make me break my year-long vow not to purchase CDs (unless it's ridculously SDC). 0:)
Regards,
Navneeth

Elgarian

Quote from: Lethevich on April 19, 2012, 06:38:23 AM
I just ordered it at Amazon US - at checkout I was given three options for shipping speed, and chose the cheapest (£4) - the total still being only about half the price of ordering it from Amazon uk.

KeithW

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on April 19, 2012, 06:48:30 AM

Did you check AmazonUK?  If you're lucky,  they made the same mistake.

They are listing at at GBP18.99

Presto quoting US$36.50

Karl Henning

Quote from: Elgarian on April 19, 2012, 07:53:11 AM
I just ordered it at Amazon US - at checkout I was given three options for shipping speed, and chose the cheapest (£4) - the total still being only about half the price of ordering it from Amazon uk.

Sweet!

I followed Jeffrey's lead: supplemented that incredible bargain with enough to qualify for the free shipping.  Turns out I've been thinking of a book (the sort, like Her Fearful Symmetry, which doesn't work well on the Nook).
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

stingo

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on April 18, 2012, 07:35:56 PM
just as a basis of comparison--Arkiv has Glossa on sale at the moment, and therefore is offering this set at $69.99 US

I did the same - checked Archiv and then ordered.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Que

Opus106

Quote from: Que on April 20, 2012, 09:27:24 AM
Even with VAT: done! :)

Q

I hope you're aware that they offer free shipping to the Netherlands for orders over 25. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Brian

Quote from: KeithW on April 19, 2012, 05:03:07 AM
Next Supraphon Dvorak box set (symphonic works) at Amazon for $7.99 - 8 CDs

Rats! Someone said it was a "super bargain" at Amazon UK, I ordered it for US $30 including shipping, and now this happens. Argh.

KeithW

Quote from: Brian on April 20, 2012, 03:12:45 PM
Rats! Someone said it was a "super bargain" at Amazon UK, I ordered it for US $30 including shipping, and now this happens. Argh.

It's not yet released in the UK - you can probably cancel your pre-order and move to Amazon.com

Brian

Quote from: KeithW on April 20, 2012, 05:45:28 PM
It's not yet released in the UK - you can probably cancel your pre-order and move to Amazon.com

Done! Thanks - you saved me $19 and a week or two of waiting for the shipment to cross the pond. $11 Dvorak cycle = amazing deal.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

KeithW

Quote from: Brian on April 20, 2012, 06:06:09 PM
Done! Thanks - you saved me $19 and a week or two of waiting for the shipment to cross the pond. $11 Dvorak cycle = amazing deal.

Great - let's hope they deliver all of our orders   :D

Coopmv

Quote from: KeithW on April 19, 2012, 05:03:07 AM
Next Supraphon Dvorak box set (symphonic works) at Amazon for $7.99 - 8 CDs

[asin]B0077DDWEE[/asin]

I bought the set 20 years ago but obviously at much higher price.

Brian

Quote from: Coopmv on April 21, 2012, 06:42:14 AM
I bought the set 20 years ago but obviously at much higher price.

Stuart,
These recordings of the 9 symphonies have never been released on CD before. They are an analogue set from the 1970s, not the digital ones which Supraphon previously issued on disc. Check this post's info to see if that really is the set you bought before. :)

Coopmv

Quote from: Brian on April 21, 2012, 07:23:03 AM
Stuart,
These recordings of the 9 symphonies have never been released on CD before. They are an analogue set from the 1970s, not the digital ones which Supraphon previously issued on disc. Check this post's info to see if that really is the set you bought before. :)

Brian,   Thanks for the info.  I have not had the chance to check yet - the set is shelved in my upstairs music room.  I trust you that the set I have is probably the digital set, not the analog set that was remastered and will be released shortly.

spooky

Quote from: stingo on April 18, 2012, 07:14:07 AM
From what I can see amazon has it listed as 1 CD not 12?

Amazon just shipped via UPS - should have in my hands by tomorrow afternoon
-- will post details ASAP - if it matches the expected 12 disc set
"...when the night came, tortured by the usual melancholy of my thoughts, taking a vihuela,
I went out by a back door to the fields, to put aside my worries, and to enjoy the fresh wind
that was blowing..." Rojas, 1603

spooky

Just noticed this set @ JPC  :o :o :o

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Ludwig-van-Beethoven-1770-1827-Ludwig-van-Beethoven-Unbekannte-Meisterwerke/hnum/9938520

Is anyone familiar with this set - contains some real oddballs
but at EUR 12.99 can ya really go wrong ???

"...when the night came, tortured by the usual melancholy of my thoughts, taking a vihuela,
I went out by a back door to the fields, to put aside my worries, and to enjoy the fresh wind
that was blowing..." Rojas, 1603