The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

<< < (2/1455) > >>

Don:
Here's one I think very highly of:

Bach Organ Works - Julia Brown/Amadis ($2.99).  Brown is the organist with four volumes of Buxtehude's organ music and two of Scheidemann's on Naxos.

Brian:
Hey, great idea! I will be a regular reader.

For sake of reference, this list of CDs with superbargain list prices was posted on the old forum, and also includes Don's Bach recommendation:

BACH Organ Works / Julia Brown [Amadis]
BACH Keyboard Partitas 3, 4, and 5 / Wolf Harden [Amadis]
BEETHOVEN Piano Sonatas 8, 14, and 21 / Dubravka Tomsic [various/unknown]
BEETHOVEN Complete Piano Sonatas / Yves Nat [here]
BRUCKNER Symphony No. 3 / Hartmut Haenchen, Netherlands Philharmonic [LaserLight]
CASTELNUOVO-TEDESCO Guitar Concerti [Brilliant Classics]
CHOPIN Waltzes / Istvan Szekely [Amadis]
MAHLER Symphony No. 7 / Hartmut Haenchen, Netherlands Philharmonic [LaserLight]
MENDELSSOHN A Midsummer Night's Dream / Christian Pollack, Razumovsky Symphony Orch [Amadis]
RUBINSTEIN/RACHMANINOV: Piano Concerti (4 and 2, respectively) / various artists [Amadis]
TCHAIKOVSY Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty Suites / Andrew Mogrelia, Philharmonia Cassovia [Amadis]
TCHAIKOVSKY Piano Concerto No. 1 / Jeno Jando, Arpad Joo, Budapest Symphony [LaserLight]

And here you can find Larry Rinkel's favorite Beethoven Symphony No. 6, for $0.36 (I haven't ordered it yet but plan to).

Mark:

--- Quote from: brianrein on November 13, 2007, 03:57:03 PM ---BEETHOVEN Complete Piano Sonatas / Yves Nat [here]

--- End quote ---

Christ on a bike!!! That is a bargain! :o

XB-70 Valkyrie:
If you are a fan of great piano playing, then you must own this 10 CD set--a ridiculous $18.98 from Arkiv:

http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/album.jsp?album_id=136813

Great Gable:
If this is moved could we have separate download and physical threads? I, for one, have no interests in the download side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version