The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry

Quote from: The new erato on February 26, 2016, 10:55:54 PM
I was. Thanks.

No problem, I got 16 titles out of it, and a few more from Singer Pur, I am a happy man today!
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Jo498

Thanks. By a superhuman feat of restraining myself I ended up with only 9 items...
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

listener

Thanks from me too.  Lots of unique recordings there, ordered a dozen.
"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

HIPster

Quote from: Harry's corner on February 27, 2016, 12:27:25 AM
No problem, I got 16 titles out of it, and a few more from Singer Pur, I am a happy man today!

Very nice listing Harry.   :)

I look forward to reading your blog as you listen.

Cheers!
Wise words from Que:

Never waste a good reason for a purchase....  ;)

Jay F

Quote from: ammar on February 19, 2016, 03:14:01 AM
The Brendel Philips set is now down to 139.99 euro on Amazon.de

That is all  :)

How long until something like this sells out?

AnthonyAthletic

Just bought this, this morning.

Brahms Dohnanyi Cleveland

One left at £5 (Rainy Day Sales), plus one left at £6 and a bit from (muzikmadnezz)

Half price, so not a bad deal for a fine set.... I have his later Philharmonia, Signum set which is very grand.  This appeals to me too.

both Rainy Day Sales & muzikmadnezz sold out, back to the normal price of £14+  ;D

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

DaveF

"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Que

Quote from: DaveF on March 10, 2016, 11:52:09 AM
Has anybody received this yet?  My estimated delivery date was March 4th - no sign so far.

Same problem here.....

Q

The new erato

Same situation here. But I have no doubt it have been sent, and that they just have chosen an extremely cheap and slow way of sending it.

Orpheus

Quote from: DaveF on March 10, 2016, 11:52:09 AM
Has anybody received this yet?  My estimated delivery date was March 4th - no sign so far.

Crossed fingers friends! ;)

André

Same here ... Have the shipments gone the Titanic way  ?

DaveF

Quote from: The new erato on March 10, 2016, 01:41:48 PM
But I have no doubt it have been sent, and that they just have chosen an extremely cheap and slow way of sending it.

Since mine was "despatched from the UK" according to Amazon MP, a second-class Royal Mail parcel for £2.80 would have been that - 2-3 days.  Does it have to go via Italy to avoid tax, perhaps?
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

André

My dispatch notice mentions it will ship (or arrive?) March 17 ("la data di consegna prevista").

Suspense, suspense...

ritter

Quote from: André on March 13, 2016, 01:20:37 PM
My dispatch notice mentions it will ship (or arrive?) March 17 ("la data di consegna prevista").

Suspense, suspense...
Consegna  = delivery. Let us know if it arrives. ..  This suspense is unbearable for all of us on GMG  :D

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: king ubu on December 21, 2015, 12:54:11 PM
The Requiem is there actually (discs 29 & 30), but I guess other recordings fare better ... it's a nice set though, if only for that "Rigoletto"!

Not sure what RCA is thinking as that recording of the Requiem is nowhere close to great. They have in their archive the classic Solti/Chicago recording. Why not include that one so one can experience a truly GREAT recording ???

Abuelo Igor

I see that someone already beat me to it, but here it is nonetheless:

L'enfant, c'est moi.

Que