The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo498

Note that one disc is organ concerti, so you are missing only two discs of the Soler.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Harry

I am quite happy with the Naxos recordings, so no need for me to buy this Soler box however cheap :)
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

André

Quote from: The new erato on October 07, 2019, 02:29:58 AM
Not as much as not getting it. Just saying.

To save space I'll dispose of the 6 I already have. No need to duplicate  :).

I already have the organ concerti, can't say I like them as much as the other keyboard works. My favourite interpreter remains Mario Raskin on Arion/Pierre Vérany - alas he didn't record all the sonatas. Rowland and Belder have complementary qualities.

Que

Harry

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

André

Quote from: Todd on November 03, 2019, 01:55:05 PM

It's not in stock, but Amazon lists the Harbach set for $12.99: https://www.amazon.com/Antonio-Soler-Harpsichord-Sonatas-Samuel/dp/B00VFHWDR0/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=soler+sonatas&qid=1572821512&s=music&sr=1-13

Maybe it's legit.  It's definitely worth thirteen bucks.

It is so ordered. Thanks for the tip! It remains to be seen if it will materialize, but Amazon sent me a confirmation of my order. I have about half of the Belder and Rowland sets, with many holes left to plug. This will come in handy !

JBS

Quote from: André on November 03, 2019, 03:29:03 PM
It is so ordered. Thanks for the tip! It remains to be seen if it will materialize, but Amazon sent me a confirmation of my order. I have about half of the Belder and Rowland sets, with many holes left to plug. This will come in handy !

I also have ordered it.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

j winter

The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

listener

"Keep your hand on the throttle and your eye on the rail as you walk through life's pathway."

The new erato

I managed to get a confirmatiin while it was still available. Thanks!

André

I have an order confirmation and a delivery date, but no shipment confirmation. I'll believe it when I unwrap it.

JBS

Amazon gives Nov 26 as my promised delivery date.

j winter

Quote from: André on November 04, 2019, 01:18:53 PM
I have an order confirmation and a delivery date, but no shipment confirmation. I'll believe it when I unwrap it.

+1
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Harry

Massive sale of Hyperion on JPC de, 311 titles for 7,99€

https://www.jpc.de/s/Hyperion+reduziert?searchtype=campaigntext

Alek Hidell

I've ordered the Harbach set too, and it tells me to expect it between November 21 and December 2. Yeah, we'll see.

I also ordered the Sinopoli Schoenberg/Berg/Webern set for $15 from Zoverstocks. Based on past experience with them, it'll probably be after the first of the year before I get it. But I can wait.
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

JBS

Quote from: Todd on November 03, 2019, 01:55:05 PM

It's not in stock, but Amazon lists the Harbach set for $12.99: https://www.amazon.com/Antonio-Soler-Harpsichord-Sonatas-Samuel/dp/B00VFHWDR0/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=soler+sonatas&qid=1572821512&s=music&sr=1-13

Maybe it's legit.  It's definitely worth thirteen bucks.

Amazon sent me a shipping notice today, with delivery scheduled on Wednesday.

JBS

Quote from: JBS on November 16, 2019, 06:19:47 PM
Amazon sent me a shipping notice today, with delivery scheduled on Wednesday.

Not so fast, apparently....

Hi jeffrey,
We won't be able to deliver your package as it's been damaged.
The package is now being returned. We're very sorry for the inconvenience.
We will issue a full refund as soon as the package is returned. We will notify you when the refund is processed.

Mirror Image

Quote from: JBS on November 19, 2019, 06:48:56 AM
Not so fast, apparently....

Some very shady business practices from Amazon, but this isn't anything new. They're known to lie (I'm sorry I meant make 'excuses') to customers on a daily basis.

Ken B

Quote from: Alek Hidell on November 07, 2019, 06:52:41 PM
I've ordered the Harbach set too, and it tells me to expect it between November 21 and December 2. Yeah, we'll see.

I also ordered the Sinopoli Schoenberg/Berg/Webern set for $15 from Zoverstocks. Based on past experience with them, it'll probably be after the first of the year before I get it. But I can wait.

Yeah, Zover can be slow but when I lived in the states I never had a problem with a single order. Another great vendor was Blowitoutahere in Kentucky.