The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

André

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 19, 2019, 06:57:04 AM
Some very shady business practices from Amazon, but this isn't anything new. They're known to lie (I'm sorry I meant make 'excuses') to customers on a daily basis.

I half expected that. Still no delivery notice received. I now await one that will state it has not passed their quality inspection and has been « irreparably damaged ».

André

Quote from: Alek Hidell on November 07, 2019, 06:52:41 PM
I've ordered the Harbach set too, and it tells me to expect it between November 21 and December 2. Yeah, we'll see.

I also ordered the Sinopoli Schoenberg/Berg/Webern set for $15 from Zoverstocks. Based on past experience with them, it'll probably be after the first of the year before I get it. But I can wait.

I received it on the 18th. I had ordered it from another supplier. That one at least is in the can.

Mirror Image

Quote from: André on November 19, 2019, 10:44:15 AM
I half expected that. Still no delivery notice received. I now await one that will state it has not passed their quality inspection and has been « irreparably damaged ».

I remember one time they told something was out-of-stock after buying it and then it was reposted on their website for a higher price. Needless to say, I got that recording for free as a result. :)

JBS

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 19, 2019, 11:50:08 AM
I remember one time they told something was out-of-stock after buying it and then it was reposted on their website for a higher price. Needless to say, I got that recording for free as a result. :)

This Harbach set is still posted at the same price, with the same promise of delivery in 2-4 weeks.  So it's possible they're being honest.  But I wasn't the first to order it, so others should have gotten it before me..at the very least Andre, possibly Erato and j winter.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Alek Hidell

I ordered the Harbach set at the bargain price too, and received it today. (See the Purchases Today thread for an odd twist to the story.) So evidently it can actually be had at that price.
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." - Hélder Pessoa Câmara

Ken B

Quote from: Alek Hidell on November 19, 2019, 06:25:09 PM
I ordered the Harbach set at the bargain price too, and received it today. (See the Purchases Today thread for an odd twist to the story.) So evidently it can actually be had at that price.
Unpossible. It is well known on GMG that Amazon makes a fortune by not charging for items it does not ship!

j winter

Quote from: JBS on November 19, 2019, 03:11:09 PM
This Harbach set is still posted at the same price, with the same promise of delivery in 2-4 weeks.  So it's possible they're being honest.  But I wasn't the first to order it, so others should have gotten it before me..at the very least Andre, possibly Erato and j winter.

Mine says it's shipped, due to arrive Tuesday.  I'll give a shout if it arrives.... :)
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

ammar

As a heads-up, I ordered the set on the 4th November and it just arrived here (UK) this morning. The local Amazon courier gets bonus points for putting it through the letterbox and not the upstairs window. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/amazon-delvery-parcel-throw-window-driver-a9056071.html  $:)

j winter

Quote from: j winter on November 22, 2019, 11:01:22 AM
Mine says it's shipped, due to arrive Tuesday.  I'll give a shout if it arrives.... :)

My Soler set arrived today.  Fyi, it was included in a box with another completely different item I'd ordered, which at least seems to indicate that it came from Amazon's warehouse and not some third party.

Listening to a disc now... delightful, especially at that price :)
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

Moonfish

Quote from: j winter on November 26, 2019, 01:17:04 PM
My Soler set arrived today.  Fyi, it was included in a box with another completely different item I'd ordered, which at least seems to indicate that it came from Amazon's warehouse and not some third party.

Does it sound better the cheaper it is?    >:D
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on November 27, 2019, 12:38:24 PM
Does it sound better the cheaper it is?    >:D

You need to ask??  After reveling in Markovina's super cheap CPE Bach?

Moonfish

Quote from: Ken B on November 27, 2019, 12:58:24 PM
You need to ask??  After reveling in Markovina's super cheap CPE Bach?

Ahh, the memories......

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on November 27, 2019, 05:13:42 PM
Ahh, the memories......

Especially sweet because I don't think Al had that set  >:D

André

Quote from: j winter on November 26, 2019, 01:17:04 PM

I received a dispatch notification !! The scheduled date is December 5... :)

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Ken B on November 27, 2019, 05:56:32 PM
Especially sweet because I don't think Al had that set  >:D

I've got a digital copy 8)
It's all good...

Ken B

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Ken B on November 28, 2019, 03:31:59 PM
Pfui. Can't fondle a digital copy!

Speaking of something to fondle :-* :-*

The Bach 333 box--222 disks, 2 large books, 30lbs in total, is "super-duper" cheap (relatively speaking) from Amazon.de    Even including 60Euros for shipping, it can be had for about $260US.  (It's $488 from US Amazon).   I'm pretty tempted. I just ordered myself a 10.3" PDF reader for Xmas, or I'd have pounced already. 
It's all good...

Harry

To me this looks like a bargain at JPC de. 26 CD's with keyboard works, by renown performers for just 19,95!!!

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/bach-complete-keyboard-works/hnum/8023403
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Harry

Quote from: "Harry" on November 29, 2019, 12:16:00 AM
To me this looks like a bargain at JPC de. 26 CD's with keyboard works, by renown performers for just 19,95!!!

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/bach-complete-keyboard-works/hnum/8023403

Also Orchestral Works for just 9.95, 11 CD'S.

Also Orchestral Works for just 9.95, 11 CD'S.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Johann-Sebastian-Bach-1685-1750-Das-Orchesterwerk/hnum/2428764

Harry

Another bargain me thinks.

Johann Sebastian Bach: Sämtliche Konzerte (Concerto Copenhagen) 5 CD'S 19,95. JPC de.

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/cpo/detail/-/art/johann-sebastian-bach-saemtliche-konzerte/hnum/9254308