The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mookalafalas

This is 95 pounds, before VAT is subtracted. For some reason, UK Amazon shipping is only about 1/3 the cost of some of the others (France and Italy), meaning total cost (with shipping) to me in Taiwan is about $111 (for 170CDs).  Very tempting. If the overall quality is similar to other Brilliant sets, $.6 per disk is definitely a Super-Duper Cheap Bargain.
It's all good...

vers la flamme

Dacapo records is offering a 60% discount on much of their back catalogue. Lovers of obscure Danish music, rejoice.

https://www.dacapo-records.dk/en/campaign/get-60-discount-on-dacapos-early-catalogue

André

Quote from: vers la flamme on March 22, 2020, 10:51:00 AM
Dacapo records is offering a 60% discount on much of their back catalogue. Lovers of obscure Danish music, rejoice.

https://www.dacapo-records.dk/en/campaign/get-60-discount-on-dacapos-early-catalogue

I ordered 4 items. Thanks !  ;D

vers la flamme

Quote from: André on March 22, 2020, 02:06:47 PM
I ordered 4 items. Thanks !  ;D

Awesome! No problem. I've got four in my shopping cart but may not pull the trigger after all. We'll see.

André

Details in the Purchases Today thread  ;).

Que

The interested here might already seized the opportunity before, but this amazing bargain - a 6CD box set for €13 - pops up at jpc once more:

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/norddeutsche-orgelmeister/hnum/1407337

Q

North Star

Quote from: Que on March 28, 2020, 03:02:12 AM
The interested here might already seized the opportunity before, but this amazing bargain - a 6CD box set for €13 - pops up at jpc once more:

Q
A great set indeed. And I see the Herbert Schuch Oehms box is going for 10€ - also strongly recommended to piano music fans.

Also, the Michael Gielen Edition sets!!
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Que

North Star

Quote from: Que on March 28, 2020, 09:40:06 AM
Any pointers?  :)  Mahler or Bruckner?

Q
The Mahler, Stravinsky/Bartók, and Schönberg, Berg & Webern are all very good indeed, the others I don't know at all/only slightly.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Jo498

For Bruckner the Skrowaczewski is cheaper and overall probably better than Gielen. (I don't have either complete but sufficiently many as singles). The Schuch collection is tempting although I again have already the 2-3 of them I was most interested in.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

Todd

Simon Rattle's Berlin Mahler 6 is $5.56 for a 24 bit download at 7digital.  I've been digging around for some other nicely priced items on the site - for instance, Yusuke Kikuchi's Ravel for $12.99. 
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Todd

I finally got around to investigating Qobuz US for downloads, and lo and behold, they have plentiful cheap items.

Most Naxos recordings are $2.92 a pop right now, and $3.60 for hi-res, with lower per unit prices for multi-disc sets.

Also of no little interest in this Beethoven year, the below can be had for $15.49 in red book and $20.49 in hi-res.

Todd

The Naxos sale is over, but Qobuz is offering 21 titles as free downloads, some in hi-res: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/search?q=qobuz-music-gifts

I already grabbed my 11 downloads.

Roasted Swan

Quote from: Todd on April 28, 2020, 08:44:24 AM
The Naxos sale is over, but Qobuz is offering 21 titles as free downloads, some in hi-res: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/search?q=qobuz-music-gifts

I already grabbed my 11 downloads.

Thanks for the heads-up - some good stuff there and in good sound too!

Harry

On JPC sale of the label Fra Bernardo, 44 titles for 6.99€ . For all the lovers of beauty farm go and buy, mant titles are there like Gombert and others.

https://www.jpc.de/s/Fra+Bernardo+g%C3%BCnstig?searchtype=campaigntext
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

vers la flamme

Quote from: "Harry" on April 29, 2020, 12:19:39 AM
On JPC sale of the label Fra Bernardo, 44 titles for 6.99€ . For all the lovers of beauty farm go and buy, mant titles are there like Gombert and others.

https://www.jpc.de/s/Fra+Bernardo+g%C3%BCnstig?searchtype=campaigntext

Thanks! I've been meaning to pick up some Beauty Farm, but their CDs are normally damn expensive.

DaveF

Quote from: Todd on April 28, 2020, 08:44:24 AM
The Naxos sale is over, but Qobuz is offering 21 titles as free downloads, some in hi-res:

Yes, thanks for that, indeed.  Am I right in thinking that Qobuz is fairly new to the US?  Glad to have you fellows monitoring their bargains - which are thankfully also available on Qobuz UK.
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

GioCar

The Naxos sale is on eClassical.com now: 50% off on 24-bit FLACs.

Till the end of May.

Brian

Quote from: GioCar on May 01, 2020, 08:29:19 AM
The Naxos sale is on eClassical.com now: 50% off on 24-bit FLACs.

Till the end of May.
For those who didn't click, this means most 24-bit FLAC albums are around $4.50-$5.50. eClassical charges by album length, not flat fee.

I'm disappointed that they don't have the full Naxos catalog - even recent albums like Tingaud's Poulenc ballet suites and Fukuma's Beethoven are missing - and some recentish recordings that seem like they'd be great in 24-bit, like Falletta's Gliere "Ilya Muromets", aren't in 24-bit so they're not on sale. (I am considering the two volumes of Eggert symphonies, but only one is on sale in high-res and the other is normal price, which is to say more expensive, for "CD quality".)

But I'm doing some shopping  8) and just in time, Naxos' May releases are unusually interesting too. Hopefully they get added in the next few days.

EDIT: Individual tracks are also half off so if you don't want the whole album, you don't have to grab it. Example: Slatkin's Copland "Grohg" and complete "Billy the Kid" - together the 24-bit FLACs are $4.71, or you can get Grohg alone for about $2.25ish or Billy alone for about $2.50ish.

Brian

If you don't yet have Chailly's Beethoven symphony cycle from Leipzig - probably my favorite of the century so far, and ditto many other Beethovenians - the physical box set is now just $13 on Presto. Part of a box set clear-out sale with various other goodies