The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

Did iI told you guys I had a deal of century purchased my holy grail (A secret labirynth by Huelgas Ensemble)  of box-set, that was sold for peanut and paay 150u$ for iit in russia, the record store owner gave me only 25 dollars this is bananas stupid of me, than eventually saw it on some web store for 49.99u$ that 67..90  (Canadian bananas) was so happy to buy it again , in the first place , were mad at myself for selling it, but was broke and everywhere ,, asking money people say no... sad story that end up in happy one.

Mirror Image

Anyone interested in Bernstein's own music and doesn't own any fo the Columbia recordings, needs this box set ASAP:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8278708--leonard-bernstein-the-composer

For $37, this is a steal. I wish now that I had waited on buying this set as I could've got it for this bargain price.

Todd

Hundreds of Supraphon recordings, old and new, are available for $3.99 a pop at Qobuz.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Brian

Quote from: Todd on February 08, 2021, 06:14:13 PM
Hundreds of Supraphon recordings, old and new, are available for $3.99 a pop at Qobuz.
You should get to know Ivo Kahanek, if his work is included.

Todd

Quote from: Brian on February 08, 2021, 06:47:48 PM
You should get to know Ivo Kahanek, if his work is included.

A Chopin and a Janacek/Martinu/Kabelac disc are available at bargain basement price.  They already ended up in my basket.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

DaveF

Quote from: Todd on February 08, 2021, 06:14:13 PM

Or £3.99 on the UK/EU site, although they're not advertised as a discounted group so you have to go looking for them (which I will :P).  Also from Eastern Europe is https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/haydn-the-complete-symphonies-austro-hungarian-haydn-orchestra/0710357172229 for £8.99 - ridiculous if true (the set claims to be in CD-quality rather than the MP3s that you used to be able to get on 10 physical discs), and cheaper than any of the smaller sets on Qobuz extracted from the complete cycle.
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Brian

Roasted Swan

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 08, 2021, 05:55:31 PM
Anyone interested in Bernstein's own music and doesn't own any fo the Columbia recordings, needs this box set ASAP:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8278708--leonard-bernstein-the-composer

For $37, this is a steal. I wish now that I had waited on buying this set as I could've got it for this bargain price.

Perhaps that price was a typo - now corrected.... Click on your link and the Presto site shows the price as £102.50 (ouch)

The new erato

There was a 75%off offer ending yesterday.

Roasted Swan

Quote from: Brian on February 09, 2021, 04:59:33 AM
Wow, yup, same deal in the US:
https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/album/haydn-the-complete-symphonies-austro-hungarian-haydn-orchestra/0710357172229

Guess it's time to join Qobuz

I mentioned the Qobuz/Supraphon deal a week or so ago - lots of good Novak/Ostricil/Janacek but you do need to dig around to find.  Also, you don't need to join Qobuz (no subscription etc) to buy downloads - I thjink that's just for their streaming service....

Harry

On JPC de there is a big Tactus sale, at 4 euros a piece, as far as I can see it. 120 titles, also box sets.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

DavidW

Speaking of jpc I ordered something from them close to three weeks ago and it seems like the package is just lost.  They indicated once it reached the states it would go through usps (and a tracking # supplied) but nothing.  Has shipping from Europe become much slower than I remembered?

Brian

Quote from: DavidW on February 20, 2021, 08:04:54 AM
Speaking of jpc I ordered something from them close to three weeks ago and it seems like the package is just lost.  They indicated once it reached the states it would go through usps (and a tracking # supplied) but nothing.  Has shipping from Europe become much slower than I remembered?
I think my orders from the UK have been arriving about 20 days from the order being placed. Covid and Louis DeJoy have definitely slowed down international handling.

MusicTurner

They usually arrive within a few days to Denmark, the exception being items not in stock; then JPC will often split up the mail in two packets, at no extra cost ...

DavidW

Quote from: Brian on February 20, 2021, 08:46:41 AM
I think my orders from the UK have been arriving about 20 days from the order being placed. Covid and Louis DeJoy have definitely slowed down international handling.

Oh my order Presto only took a week.  I guess that was just lucky.  I'll be patient with my jpc order.

vers la flamme

Quote from: DavidW on February 20, 2021, 08:04:54 AM

I'm in the states too. JPC usually takes over a month to get to me. I wouldn't give up hope yet.

DavidW

Quote from: vers la flamme on February 21, 2021, 08:05:43 AM
I'm in the states too. JPC usually takes over a month to get to me. I wouldn't give up hope yet.

Oh thank you, that is reassuring!  They must be on the slow boat and not air mail.

Mirror Image

My last order from JPC arrived in about two weeks (perhaps a bit longer), which I was surprised to get so quickly from them. Usually, it takes about a month to receive an order as vers la flamme pointed out.

prémont

Just now Pieter Jan Belder's recording of the complete Fitzwilliam Virginal Book (15 CDs) can be downloaded from Presto (flac) for less than 14 Euro's !!

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8846043--complete-fitzwilliam-virginal-book
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

fpreedy

Quote from: (: premont :) on March 22, 2021, 10:25:21 AM
Just now Pieter Jan Belder's recording of the complete Fitzwilliam Virginal Book (15 CDs) can be downloaded from Presto (flac) for less than 14 Euro's !!

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8846043--complete-fitzwilliam-virginal-book

All the Brilliant Classics box sets are always that price - although sometimes they split the bigger ones up. So over 18 hours of French Baroque Flute is also £8 MP3, £9.75 FLAC https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/8711980--french-baroque-flute-edition