The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

From 27 for 13 euros at jpc.

BTW the Brüggen LvB cycle is still availble for a mere 15 euros....

Q

Renfield

Quote from: Que on July 24, 2009, 02:48:18 AM

Q

Brilliant timing indeed. ;) :D

In all seriousness, I was just looking for a good collection of Tallis' work, and here it is.

I should likely snap this up with the Kitajenko Shostakovich cycle, while I'm at it (and it's still that cheap). Many thanks for the heads-up!

Lethevich

Thanks for pointing this out to whoever may be interested. This thread is brilliant, let's keep it alive - mere bargains are not good enough! :)
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Harry

Well let me put this bargain in too, Que alerted me to it, and I ordered this box for just 17 euro's. 5 CD'S

Wanderer

Beethoven's piano concertos (plus the Chorfantasie) with Brendel/London PO/Haitink are currently on sale at jpc.de (7 euros). Very good performances at a ridiculous price.

MishaK

Anyone in Chicago should go check out the CSO Symphony Store. They're sadly going out of business as the rents in the building they occupy have gone through the roof, so all their stock is on sale at 30% off and more. There are some real gems that can only be found there, e.g. various CSO "from the Archives" sets of live performances, including, e.g., one with a riveting Janacek Glagolitic Mass conducted by Boulez or a Kubelik set that includes the Tristan Liebestod.

dirkronk

Quote from: O Mensch on July 27, 2009, 04:36:17 AM
Anyone in Chicago should go check out the CSO Symphony Store. They're sadly going out of business as the rents in the building they occupy have gone through the roof, so all their stock is on sale at 30% off and more. There are some real gems that can only be found there, e.g. various CSO "from the Archives" sets of live performances, including, e.g., one with a riveting Janacek Glagolitic Mass conducted by Boulez or a Kubelik set that includes the Tristan Liebestod.

Aaaarrghh!!!
I HATE hearing stuff like this. I mean, it's not like I wouldn't swoop down like a buzzard IF I could make it into Chicago...I've wanted some of those archive sets for years. But (1) there's no way I can make it there and (2) I just don't like the idea of yet more venues of this sort biting the dust.

:'(

Dirk

MishaK

You could try calling them. They do ship for website orders, but I don't think those are on sale.

MishaK

Sh!t! I missed it. The CSO Symphony Store is closed. Gone.  :'(

Opus106

SACRED MUSIC

Cornerstone works of Sacred
From The Middle Ages to the 20th Century

Includes:

J. S. BACH Weihnachts-Oratorium / René Jacobs

HANDEL Messiah / William Christie

MONTEVERDI Vespro della Beata Vergine / Philippe Herreweghe

ALESSANDRO SCARLATTI Cain overo Il primo omicidio / René Jacobs

MENDELSSOHN Paulus / Philippe Herreweghe

BERNSTEIN Mass / Kent Nagano

BEETHOVEN Missa Solemnis / Philippe Herreweghe

MOZART Requiem / Philippe Herreweghe

BRAHMS Requiem allemand / Philippe Herreweghe

FAURE Requiem (1893) / Philippe Herreweghe

ANON Requiem grégorienne / Deller Consort

DURUFLE Requiem Choir of Madgalen College

CHARPENTIER Te Deum / William Christie

PERGOLESI Stabat Mater / Concerto Vocale, René Jacobs

VIVALDI Stabat Mater / Ensemble 415, Scholl, Chiara Banchini

BOCCHERINI Stabat Mater / Ensemble 415, Banchini

ROSSINI Stabat Mater / RIAS Kammerchor, Marcus Creed

MACHAUT Messe de Notre Dame / EPCC

RACHMANINOV Vespers / Paul Hillier

JOSQUIN DESPREZ Missa Pangue lingua / Ensemble Clément Janequin

JANEQUIN Messe 'La Bataille' / Ensemble Clément Janequin

LASSUS Missa 'Tous les regretz' Huelgas,Van Nevel

PALESTRINA Missa Viri Galilaei / Philippe Herreweghe

BYRD Mass for 4 Voices / Hilliard Ensemble

J. S. BACH Missa brevis in F BWV 233 / Cantus Cölln, Konrad Junghänel

POULENC Mass in G, Motets / RIAS Kammerchor, Marcus Creed

CHARPENTIER Seconde Leçon de Ténèbres du Mercredy / Concerto Vocale, René Jacobs

COUPERIN Troisième Leçon de Ténèbres / Concerto Vocale, René Jacobs

ROVETTA Solemn Vespers / Cantus Cölln, Konrad Junghänel

TALLIS 9 Psalm Tunes for Archbishop Parker's Psalter / Stile Antico

SCHÜTZ Concert in Form einer teutschen Begräbnis / Philippe Herreweghe

Harmonia Mundi 30cds (29+PDF) HMX2908304-33

Currently available for pre-order for $45 at MDT, although the shipping alone would add $20-30 extra for some of us. Perhaps they should have added BWV 232 to make it even more enticing.
Regards,
Navneeth

Harry

Shostakovich fans, I think this might interest you. JPC made a error in the pricing. They will detect this after the weekend, so.......

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Dimitri-Schostakowitsch-Streichquartette-Nr-1-15/hnum/1985328

Harry

Thanks Que, for putting this in this thread, I completely forgot about it.

Antoine Marchand

Harry

Well this box is now 19,95, they corrected it, but its still on my list for 10,20, yah! ;D

Harry

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on September 20, 2009, 08:08:54 PM
Schumann - Complete Piano Works
Jörg Demus
Nuova Era
13 CDs

EUR 9.99 at JPC:

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Robert-Schumann-S%E4mtliche-Klavierwerke-Wallet-Boxen/hnum/5476606

I think this is a excellent set to have, and for this price its a no brainer really.

Wanderer

Quote from: Harry on September 20, 2009, 11:43:38 PM
I think this is a excellent set to have, and for this price its a no brainer really.

Hiya, Harry!  8)

I think some performances are rather mediocre, but the set's well worth the price tag.

Harry

Quote from: Wanderer on September 20, 2009, 11:56:23 PM
Hiya, Harry!  8)

I think some performances are rather mediocre, but the set's well worth the price tag.

Apart from the sound which is sometimes cranky, I thought the interpretation well up to a level, that I say, its the best in Schumann I heard so far.
On par with Kempff.
So don't shoot me for that observation. ;D

Coopmv

Q

It certainly looks like half the GMG members have this set.  I bought mine a few years back ...

Coopmv

I paid around $20 for this set with shipping a few months back.  It was a real bargain then, but much less so now ...

Here is the link