The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coopmv

Que

Quote from: Coopmv on September 21, 2009, 07:38:14 PM
I paid around $20 for this set with shipping a few months back.  It was a real bargain then, but much less so now ...

Soooo, why post it on this thread??  ::)

Super-duper cheap bargains from the past - I could fill a few pages whith that... 8) (But won't... 0:)).

Q

nigeld

Purchased today from MDT.  15cd's for £27.

HANDEL Rodrigo, Radamisto, Admeto, Fernando, re di Castiglia, Arminio, Deidamia. Joyce Di Donato, Patrizia Ciofi, Vivica Genaux, Veronica Cangemi, Max Emanuel Cencic, Sandrine Piau, Il Complesso Barocco / Alan Curtis. Virgin Classics 15cds

Deidamia I already have, the others are new for me.  Alan Curtis' attempts at Handel opera are generally well reviewed.  I can certainly vouch for the Deidamia.

Anything with Sandrine Piau works for me !!

Soli Deo Gloria

nigeld

Not sure if £2.80 per disc is Super-Duper cheap, forgive me if not.

If it is cheap enough, then you should consider these box sets.

Bach sacred cantatas - Suzuki (BIS).  10 cd's per box.  Again best price is at MDT

Soli Deo Gloria

Harry

Quote from: nigeld on September 24, 2009, 06:48:03 AM
Not sure if £2.80 per disc is Super-Duper cheap, forgive me if not.

If it is cheap enough, then you should consider these box sets.

Bach sacred cantatas - Suzuki (BIS).  10 cd's per box.  Again best price is at MDT

That is a super bargain, believe me, I paid full price for it. That is 19,00 euro's for each CD.

Harry

This one! 8 euro's

The new erato

The Endellions cycle of Beethoven quartets on 10 discs, including the quintet and various smaller works, are available at around £ 20 on europadiscs Warner sale.

Antoine Marchand

Koopman's original set of the complete cantatas: EUR 400.-

"Offer of the Day" at the Spanish store Diverdi:

http://www.diverdi.com/tienda/detalle.aspx?id=19433

>:D  0:)

PerfectWagnerite

Quote from: erato on September 26, 2009, 01:16:15 AM
The Endellions cycle of Beethoven quartets on 10 discs, including the quintet and various smaller works, are available at around £ 20 on europadiscs Warner sale.
The artists-in-residence while I was in college. You cannot meet nicer people than this group. Haven't heard these recordings but look forward to.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: PerfectWagnerite on October 02, 2009, 04:43:20 PM
The artists-in-residence while I was in college. You cannot meet nicer people than this group. Haven't heard these recordings but look forward to.

I've heard one, and one of their Haydn's too. Very nice. This is a good group of players. :)

8)

----------------
Listening to:
Ensemble 415 - WAM Trio in Eb for Fortepiano, Clarinet & Viola K 498 3rd mvmt
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Opus106

Quote from: Antoine Marchand on October 02, 2009, 04:18:50 PM
Koopman's original set of the complete cantatas: EUR 400.-

"Offer of the Day" at the Spanish store Diverdi:

http://www.diverdi.com/tienda/detalle.aspx?id=19433

>:D  0:)

Super-duper cheap bargain? Really?
Regards,
Navneeth

Brian

Quote from: opus106 on October 03, 2009, 06:01:25 AM
More like a super-duper expensive bargain.  ;D

Novi

Quote from: opus106 on October 03, 2009, 06:01:25 AM

Quote from: Brian on October 03, 2009, 07:57:03 AM
More like a super-duper expensive bargain.  ;D

Yes, but you save €400,01! ;D When was the last time you saved such a super-duper amount of money? :D
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

The new erato

If things gets any cheaper now, I'll go for broke.

Opus106

Quote from: Novi on October 03, 2009, 08:16:24 AM
Yes, but you save €400,01! ;D When was the last time you saved such a super-duper amount of money? :D

Buy at JPC and you save one... er, hey, what's 1/100th of a Euro? ???
Regards,
Navneeth

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: opus106 on October 03, 2009, 08:53:23 AM
Buy at JPC and you save one... er, hey, what's 1/100th of a Euro? ???

Oh, you are missing a previous discussion on the thread "Fair prices for music?":

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,14309.0.html

It was said there that a price of EUR 400 for the reissue of Koopman's set was a bargain. But currently Diverdi offers the original sets of the cycle at the same price.

:)

Coopmv

Quote from: erato on October 28, 2009, 09:51:35 AM

Featuring their famous and now deleted recording of the so-called "Earthquake" mass by Antoine Brumel, this 15 CDs boxset includes some of the most prestigious recordings available on the Sony Classical VIVARTE label and sheds light on this long-forgotten music that too often seems to lie in dark corners of European archives and libraries.

Paul van Nevel, choirmaster, musicologist, and cultural historian founded the Huelgas Ensemble in the early 1970's at the Schola Cantorum Basiliensis. The Ensemble has emerged as one of Europe's main vocal ensembles dedicated to the performance of music from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance. Van Nevel has won a number of prestigious awards for his recordings with the Huelgas Ensemble. Their recording of the music of Renaissance composer Mattheus Pipelare, Pipelare: Missa "L'homme armé" , won the 1998 Cannes Classical Award for Best Choral Music, in addition to the Diapason d'or in 1996. Previous albums, including their critically acclaimed Utopia Triumphans, have accumulated similar accolades. Van Nevel has also been awarded the "Prix In Honorem" from the Académie Charles Cros in Paris.

Tracks:
CD 1 Codex Las Huelgas - Music from 13th Century Spain
CD 2 Febus Avant! ,Music at the Court of Gaston Febus (1331-1391)
CD 3 Music from the Court of King Janus at Nicosia (1374-1432)
CD 4 Utopia Triumphans - Tallis, Striggio and other renaissance choral works
CD 5 Alexander Agricola - A Secret Labyrinth
CD 6 Matthaeus - Missa "L'homme armé", Chansons, Motets
CD 7 Antoine Brumel - Missa "Et ecce terrae motus", Sequentia "Dies irae"
CD 8 Mateo Flecha el Viejo (1481-1553) - Las Ensaladas
CD 9 Costanzo Festa (c.1490-1545) - Magnificat, Mass parts, Motets, Madrigals
CD 10 Nicolas Gombert (c.1500-c.1557) - Music from the Court of Charles V
CD 11 Pierre de Manchicourt (c.1510-1564) - Missa "Veni Sancte Spiritus", Motets, Chansons
CD 12 Orlando di Lasso (1532-1594) - Lagrime di San Pietro
CD 13 Jacobus Gallus (1550-1591) - Opus musicum, Missa super "Sancta Maria"
CD 14 Cancoes, Vilancicos - e Motetes Portugueses , Séculos XVI-XVII
CD 15 Joao Lourenco Rebelo (1610-1661) Lamentations for Maundy Thursday, Vesper Psalms

Erato,

Do you have the set?  If so, how do you like it so far?

The new erato

Quote from: Coopmv on November 01, 2009, 01:24:15 PM
Erato,

Do you have the set?  If so, how do you like it so far?
Nix, I have the Brumel since ten years, and that's amazing. Several other discs in it have been on my wishlist for years, so of course it is on order. But with such a varied repertoire, I guess a simple answer will be difficult, even though I expect the usual van Nevel quality.

Coopmv

Quote from: erato on November 01, 2009, 01:34:12 PM
Nix, I have the Brumel since tn years, and that's amazing. Seceral other discs in it have been on my wishlist for years, so of course it is on order. But with such a varied repertoire, I guess a simple answer will be difficult, even though I expect the usual van Nevel quality.

My focus for this year has been to expand my collection of early music and I have been reasonably successful.  Thanks for this link, as I will probably go for the set ...

ammar

Hi guys, long time lurker here, thought I'd try and give a little back to the community for a change  :)

I was browsing Amazon.fr marketplace and came across the 60CD Brahms set issued by Brilliant Classics for 20 euros , as sold by abeille musique :

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0012Y1J3K/

Also sold through their own site :

http://www.abeillemusique.com/CD/Classique/BRIL93554/5028421935546/Brilliant-Classics/Johannes-Brahms/Integrale-de-l-oeuvre/cleart-29328.html

(For peace of mind, I can state that I've had a 100% success rate with them too - 1 CD ordered, 1 CD received ;) )