The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novi

Quote from: ammar on November 04, 2009, 02:29:43 AM
I absolutely agree, I've had my eye on it since it came out. I see that it's included in the box set promotion that Hyperion are carrying out for the month of November - 20% off their largest box sets, all the bulk buying discounts still apply & free delivery (at least in the UK) :

http://www.hyperion-records.co.uk/o.asp?o=1022

I'm mulling over the 40 CD Schubert song set as we speak  :-\

That does sound very enticing. I enjoy the handful of the separate issues that I have. I'll mull with you too...
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

Lethevich

Re. that Schubert box, the book is gorgeous as well.

Quote from: Franco on November 04, 2009, 08:29:50 AM
I bought the Hyperion Schubert Lieder series individually, at probably over three times that cost.  I also bought 7 or so of the Schumann set, and they've finsihed at 11, so I guess I'll get those remaining ones and compete that set - at full price as well.

:-\

It's people like you who keep labels like Hyperion alive, so you should be getting some über warm tingly feelings.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Frellie

Quote from: Renfield on November 04, 2009, 07:09:03 AM
Indeed! And if you'll excuse the marketing-talk, at £16.60 plus tax (£19.09 for us here), at MDT, there's no excuse. 8) ;)

Thanks for the advice!
I just ordered the box from this site.

No idea why there's such a big price difference, but hey, I'm not complaining...  ;D

ammar

The Brahms Complete DG edition is now available from an Amazon.co.uk Marketplace seller for £18 :o

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brahms-Complete-Various-Ltd-Box/dp/B001TH28EO/

Hurry, only 4 left (13:20 pm GMT) :o

Haven't dealt with findprice before, but if you navigate to their storefront on Amazon, they seem to be under the auspices of Online Commerce Ltd., who are also behind some medium sized UK online retailers (blahdvd.com , 101CD.com), so they should be trustworthy enough.

Must be something in the air with all these Brahms complete sets being sold off at bargain prices 8)

Novi

Quote from: ammar on November 06, 2009, 04:26:48 AM
The Brahms Complete DG edition is now available from an Amazon.co.uk Marketplace seller for £18 :o

Haven't dealt with findprice before, but if you navigate to their storefront on Amazon, they seem to be under the auspices of Online Commerce Ltd., who are also behind some medium sized UK online retailers (blahdvd.com , 101CD.com), so they should be trustworthy enough.

Must be something in the air with all these Brahms complete sets being sold off at bargain prices 8)

Wow, thanks! I was about to buy the DG quartet/quintet/sextet box last week for about the same price.
You are a STAR! :-* :-* :-*
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

ammar

Thanks Novi! I'm just glad to see these sets going to a good home 0:)

The same set is also available on Amazon.de from dvdcouk_de (probably another subsidiary of Online Commerce Ltd.) for 22 euros :

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001TH28EO/

I'm guessing that's limited stock too - here's hoping that our orders are honoured  :)

All this after my Brahms Brilliant set arrived this morning from Abeille Musique. Coupled with the New Grove that I picked up last month, I think all my friends are expecting me to meet an Alkan-esque demise :o

George

Quote from: ammar on November 06, 2009, 04:26:48 AM

Important Message

* Brahms Complete Edition/Various (Ltd) (Box) cannot be shipped to the selected address.

:(  :-[  :'(  >:(

Orpheus

Hi all! I'd like to pick this box at a reasonable price... ::)

Where looking for?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Orpheus
:D

Que

Quote from: Orpheus on November 06, 2009, 11:05:36 AM
Hi all! I'd like to pick this box at a reasonable price...::)

Where looking for?

Thanks in advance!!! :)

Orpheus :D

Well, I figured out why you posted it - this set is seriously OOP (out of print). ::)

I'll let you know if I come accross it, but I doubt it will be a super-duper cheap bargain... 8)

Q

PerfectWagnerite

The Szell set might be OOP but you can pick up individual discs of the symphonies and piano concerti cheaply.

Orpheus

Quote from: PerfectWagnerite on November 06, 2009, 11:32:55 AM
The Szell set might be OOP but you can pick up individual discs of the symphonies and piano concerti cheaply.

I found these:

Orpheus :)

ammar

Quote from: PerfectWagnerite on November 06, 2009, 11:32:55 AM

cf.

All to be had at super-bargain prices (at least in the UK). The Essential Classics issue of the ninth is only £0.32 on Amazon.co.uk :)

Coopmv

Quote from: George on November 06, 2009, 07:04:42 AM
Important Message

* Brahms Complete Edition/Various (Ltd) (Box) cannot be shipped to the selected address.

:(  :-[  :'(  >:(

US address?

AnthonyAthletic

Quote from: ammar on November 02, 2009, 05:10:47 PM
Hi guys, long time lurker here, thought I'd try and give a little back to the community for a change  :)

I was browsing Amazon.fr marketplace and came across the 60CD Brahms set issued by Brilliant Classics for 20 euros , as sold by abeille musique :

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0012Y1J3K/

Also sold through their own site :

http://www.abeillemusique.com/CD/Classique/BRIL93554/5028421935546/Brilliant-Classics/Johannes-Brahms/Integrale-de-l-oeuvre/cleart-29328.html

(For peace of mind, I can state that I've had a 100% success rate with them too - 1 CD ordered, 1 CD received ;) )

Ammar,

Many thanks for the "Heads up" on this Brahms set.  Brahms is a composer, bar his big works and chamber music, well he is a composer whom I have very little music.  60cds for 20 Euro's is amazing.  I ordered it on Friday morning and it came from France today (Monday morning) to the UK.  First class service.

I also ordered the DG box set for £18, not sure if this one will surface.

Anyone got this at the bargain price...do keep us informed.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Papy Oli

Hi Tony

Ordered the DG Friday evening as well (2 left at the time prior to my order) - got the automated confirmation of order, but no advice of despatch so far.

and thanks to Ammar for the heads up as well !  :D
Olivier

AnthonyAthletic

Quote from: papy on November 09, 2009, 01:40:41 PM
Hi Tony

Ordered the DG Friday evening as well (2 left at the time prior to my order) - got the automated confirmation of order, but no advice of despatch so far.

and thanks to Ammar for the heads up as well !  :D

Evening Olivier,

Yes, my DG Brahms said 1 left when I ordered it.  Usually I get a confirmation of order pinged back on the email or sorry and here's a refund, but none so far which I hope means the set is on the way.

Did you buy one of the Brill Box sets too?  It looks a good buy for those of us, namely myself who are a little shy on Brahms' music, even if I have 30 versions or so of the violin concerto and umpteen symphonic and piano concerto cycles  ;D  So much new music to discover.

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

knight66

Ah, wait until you get to the chamber music, Clarinet Quintet, the two Cello sonatas....the Sextet! Bliss.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Papy Oli

didn't go for the Brilliant boxset, no... 0:)

I only have one set of symphonies, 1 VC, 2 requiems and the piano ballades....so the DG set would be a welcome addition for me to discover more as well !  ;D

hopefully it is a case of a reseller not necessarily informing of despatches.....
Olivier