The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knight66

Harry, We have had several adverse comments about the number of stickies at the top of the rooms. We decided not to increase the number. If it remains a popular thread, it will keep rising to the top.

Knight
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Harry

Quote from: knight on November 27, 2009, 09:10:24 AM
Harry, We have had several adverse comments about the number of stickies at the top of the rooms. We decided not to increase the number. If it remains a popular thread, it will keep rising to the top.

Knight

Understood, thanks for answering. :)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Harry on November 27, 2009, 08:12:59 AM
If this isn't a bargain I don't know what is!

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Wolfgang-Amadeus-Mozart-S%E4mtliche-Sonaten-f%FCr-Violine-Klavier/hnum/4393193

Question: Could this thread be a stickie, its important enough! Thanks

Wow! Damned if it isn't!  10€ vs $72US over here. I know the $$ is weak right now, but... :)

8)

----------------
Listening to:
Derek Adlam - Clavichord - Hob 16 29 Sonata in F for Keyboard 2nd mvmt - Adagio
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Elgarian

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Wolfgang-Amadeus-Mozart-S%E4mtliche-Sonaten-f%FCr-Violine-Klavier/hnum/4393193

That looked so tempting, Harry, that I dived in head first ... but I'd never used JPC before, and it took me so long to get through the maze of creating an account, with some information being given in English, some in German (with confirmatory emails being sent in German so I couldn't understand them); and then having created this account, I wasn't at all convinced that my address was recorded correctly, since their system seemed to put everything in a strange order. Finally I was anticipating so many potential translational problems in the future if something wasn't right, that it simply didn't seem worth the bother in order to save a bit of money. So I chose not to complete the purchase after all, and sent a message asking them to delete my newly created account instead. I feel curiously deflated as a result!

Harry

Quote from: Elgarian on November 27, 2009, 12:40:21 PM
That looked so tempting, Harry, that I dived in head first ... but I'd never used JPC before, and it took me so long to get through the maze of creating an account, with some information being given in English, some in German (with confirmatory emails being sent in German so I couldn't understand them); and then having created this account, I wasn't at all convinced that my address was recorded correctly, since their system seemed to put everything in a strange order. Finally I was anticipating so many potential translational problems in the future if something wasn't right, that it simply didn't seem worth the bother in order to save a bit of money. So I chose not to complete the purchase after all, and sent a message asking them to delete my newly created account instead. I feel curiously deflated as a result!

Send me a PM. I will help you with it, its terribly easy you know, but then my German is up to scratch. :)

Sorin Eushayson

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on November 27, 2009, 11:55:49 AM
10€ vs $72US over here.

Actually, that was forty minutes ago that you posted that, so it's around $87 now.   ;)

Harry

Quote from: Sorin Eushayson on November 28, 2009, 08:53:39 AM
Actually, that was forty minutes ago that you posted that, so it's around $87 now.   ;)

Uhuh, and still 9,99 in Europe, it did not change in four days, and I tell you what, be quick about it, otherwise its sold out, and the recording is fantastic..... ;D You would not want to miss out on this one. Its a gem to listeners with HIP hearts. ;)

Opus106

Quote from: Harry on November 28, 2009, 09:03:05 AM
Uhuh, and still 9,99 in Europe, it did not change in four days, and I tell you what, be quick about it, otherwise its sold out, and the recording is fantastic..... ;D You would not want to miss out on this one. Its a gem to listeners with HIP hearts. ;)

Must... resist... putting Harry... on Ignore List.
Regards,
Navneeth

Maciek

Remember the JPC shipping! Remember the JPC shipping!

Opus106

Quote from: Maciek on November 28, 2009, 09:10:09 AM
Remember the JPC shipping! Remember the JPC shipping!

That's the problem -- I know about that damned thing! ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Harry

Quote from: Opus106 on November 28, 2009, 09:08:01 AM
Must... resist... putting Harry... on Ignore List.

That is really funny! I am still laughing. ;D

Opus106

Quote from: Harry on November 28, 2009, 09:16:27 AM
That is really funny! I am still laughing. ;D

Well, my Saturday wasn't completely a waste after all. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Coopmv

Quote from: Opus106 on November 28, 2009, 09:11:45 AM
That's the problem -- I know about that damned thing! ;D

When the cost of shipping is 400% of the CD's ...    :o

Air

Not really a fan of Kissin's, but http://www.amazon.com/Evgeny-Kissin-Concert-Box-Set/dp/B0000D8G1S/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1259466111&sr=1-8 is at a heart-stopping $6.50 if anyone wants to grab it.

There are better bargains, but I think I'll try to grab those first.   ;) ;D :-* 
"Summit or death, either way, I win." ~ Robert Schumann

Coopmv

Quote from: RexRichter on November 28, 2009, 06:46:38 PM
Not really a fan of Kissin's, but http://www.amazon.com/Evgeny-Kissin-Concert-Box-Set/dp/B0000D8G1S/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1259466111&sr=1-8 is at a heart-stopping $6.50 if anyone wants to grab it.

There are better bargains, but I think I'll try to grab those first.   ;) ;D :-*

Kissin has always been criticized as providing inconsistent performances throughout his career.  But at $5 a disc, there is not a whole lot to lose ...

Air

Quote from: Coopmv on November 28, 2009, 06:56:07 PM
Kissin has always been criticized as providing inconsistent performances throughout his career.  But at $5 a disc, there is not a whole lot to lose ...

You mean $1.62 per disc?
:D :P

"Summit or death, either way, I win." ~ Robert Schumann

Coopmv

Quote from: RexRichter on November 28, 2009, 07:33:40 PM
You mean $1.62 per disc?
:D :P

I was referring to the price for the new set but you probably meant used.

Elgarian

Well, thanks to Harry's encouragement and the help and patience of the people at jpc, I finally managed to get myself registered correctly on their website, and I've just been notified that the box is now on its way to me. (It seems still to be available, too, at this crazy price.)

Thanks Harry.

Harry

Quote from: Elgarian on December 01, 2009, 05:41:13 AM
Well, thanks to Harry's encouragement and the help and patience of the people at jpc, I finally managed to get myself registered correctly on their website, and I've just been notified that the box is now on its way to me. (It seems still to be available, too, at this crazy price.)

Thanks Harry.

You are very much welcome my friend.

Brian

Cross-posting from Classical Download Thread:

LARGE NUMBERS OF FREE THINGS

Amazon is currently selling an MP3 download album called "I Love the '80s (1880s)". It contains Naxos recordings of the following:

Brahms Symphony No 3 (Alsop/LPO; half-decent performance which the Hurwitzer loved)
Mahler Symphony No 1 (Halasz; haven't heard this CD)
Tchaikovsky Symphony No 5 (Wit/PNRSO; really solid playing if unspectacular)
Dvorak Symphony No 6 (Gunzenhauser/Slovak PO; one of the best recent recordings)
Borodin Symphony No 3 (Gunzenhauser; haven't heard this CD)
Saint-Saens Organ Symphony (unsure who's playing; ditto)
Bruckner Symphony No 9 (Tintner; celebrated recording)

This five-hour album is totally free. 500 megabytes.