The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opus106

Quote from: George on January 20, 2010, 11:31:30 AM
I see those CDs (singly) in the used bins for $3.99 all the time.

And almost all of them are available at AMP for the same price, new. Of course, you'd have to pay almost as much for shipping. And that would be the same as buying from Amazon while taking advantage of the free shipping if eligible. Not bad for OOP CDs that one very much wants, I'd say. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

George

Quote from: Opus106 on January 20, 2010, 11:38:14 AM
And almost all of them are available at AMP for the same price, new. Of course, you'd have to pay almost as much for shipping. And that would be the same as buying from Amazon while taking advantage of the free shipping if eligible. Not bad for OOP CDs that one very much wants, I'd say. :)

Not to mention some superb performances!  :)

Scarpia

Quote from: Beethovenian on January 20, 2010, 10:32:54 AM
Sorry. This was a while back. I think it's oop by now.

Wow, I wouldn't have believed it but the Szell/Beethoven cycle seems to be out of print at the moment!  Not that I want a copy, but you would think that something so standard would be perpetually available.  A new edition must be in the pipeline.

Air

Quote from: Lethe on January 19, 2010, 10:45:02 PM
That French site has some ridiculously cheap stuff aside from Brilliant Classics. Many full-priced Chandos CDs are going for 6.40, including cool stuff like their D'Indy, Koechlin, the recent Bacewicz violin concertos disc, etc. If the shipping was flat-rate I would've bought a crate load.

This is one of the first times I've ever felt jealous of the French :'(

How much is the shipping cost if I live in the US?

(The shipping cost is what I don't like about foreign "bargains.")
"Summit or death, either way, I win." ~ Robert Schumann

Maciek

Quote from: RexRichter on January 20, 2010, 01:06:49 PM
How much is the shipping cost if I live in the US?

(The shipping cost is what I don't like about foreign "bargains.")

US is "international" in relation to France, so:

Quote from: Wanderer on January 19, 2010, 10:18:55 AM
Their international shipping rates depend on the items ordered and are calculated thus: 9,90 euros for 1-3 items, 18,30 euros for 4-7 items, 28,20 euros for 8-15 items and free shipping for ordering more than 15 items. Shipping charges are calculated automatically on the order page, so you'll be able to check them out before finalizing the order - and in your case they're also going to exclude the sales tax from the item's price (about 17% if I remember correctly).

Coopmv

Quote from: Brian on January 19, 2010, 07:36:01 PM
Wow! I guess I'll wait a couple days - my cart [Beethoven, Rachmaninov, historical Russians edition] just went from US $107 to US $88! NOTE: You have to delete everything from your cart and re-add them to get the new price.

The Buchberger Haydn complete box set is now US $24.

Did you mean Buchbinder?  I have his Complete Haydn Piano Sonatas on WarnerClassics.

Brian

Quote from: Coopmv on January 20, 2010, 07:12:39 PM
Did you mean Buchbinder?  I have his Complete Haydn Piano Sonatas on WarnerClassics.

Nope, the Buchberger String Quartet's complete Haydn quartets and Seven Last Words, for $25.

The new erato

You just made me order 251 CDs from this site for the grand total of 65 E including P&P. I included a Chandos disc (Rubbras masses) at at ridiculous price, unfortunately I already have the "D'Indy (2)  and Bacewicz violin concertos disc" mentioned by somebody, but which Koechlin disc did you think of?

Lethevich

Quote from: erato on January 20, 2010, 10:22:32 PM
You just made me order 251 CDs from this site for the grand total of 65 E including P&P. I included a Chandos disc (Rubbras masses) at at ridiculous price, unfortunately I already have the "D'Indy (2)  and Bacewicz violin concertos disc" mentioned by somebody, but which Koechlin disc did you think of?
Charles Koechlin Intégrale des œuvres pour saxophone & piano

Currently now 6 euro rather than 6.40.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Opus106

Quote from: erato on January 20, 2010, 10:22:32 PM

Let me guess... the Haydn Box and the Russian Legends? For me, it comes to a whopping 53,18 €. That is ridiculous! (In a good way. ;D)

Edit: actually, 61.45. Still ridiculous, though.
Regards,
Navneeth

The new erato

Quote from: Opus106 on January 20, 2010, 10:49:18 PM
Let me guess... the Haydn Box and the Russian Legends? For me, it comes to a whopping 53,18 €. That is ridiculous! (In a good way. ;D)

Edit: actually, 61.45. Still ridiculous, though.
Righto. Wanted the barytone trios and the van Swieten Piano trios, the rest is pure bonus. And I have 30 CDs worth of the russian material, those will make great presents.

AnthonyAthletic

Can anyone provide an 'idiots guide' instructions as to set up an account at Abeille Musique.  It's very hard being a Luddite and speaking only one language.

I get the bit about 'add to basket', then realize its saying something about 'not having an account'

:-[ No worries if you can't, I may try the English speaking telephone service...cheers

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)

Brian

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on January 21, 2010, 10:14:09 AM
Can anyone provide an 'idiots guide' instructions as to set up an account at Abeille Musique.  It's very hard being a Luddite and speaking only one language.

I get the bit about 'add to basket', then realize its saying something about 'not having an account'

:-[ No worries if you can't, I may try the English speaking telephone service...cheers

The first time I ordered from Abeille Musique, I used Google Translate to translate key phrases.

Scarpia

Quote from: AnthonyAthletic on January 21, 2010, 10:14:09 AM

You want to click where it says cliquez vite sur ce lien : Je m'inscris tout de suite.

I haven't managed to order anything yet, but this site can translate text from the web site well enough to figure out what they are asking.

http://translation2.paralink.com/

Just cut and paste text, then hit translate.

Scarpia

Quote from: Brian on January 21, 2010, 10:22:59 AM
The first time I ordered from Abeille Musique, I used Google Translate to translate key phrases.

Oooo, I didn't notice google had a translation site now.
:)

Opus106

The registration form is here: http://www.abeillemusique.com/compte/inscription.php

It's fairly simple (with an add-on like BabelFish ;)). I think it's fairly obvious what should typed in each field, mostly. E-mail, give yourself a password, and then re-type the thing. Name, First name, blah... blah.. blah. And that's it. After that it will give you a choice to modify the details if so required, otherwise you can just proceed to shop. At least that's what I did. :) BTW, I still haven't made a transaction with them. The farthest I have gone is to my basket.
Regards,
Navneeth

MN Dave

Just don't click the button that says: "Please Use My Credit Card As You Will".

Scarpia

Quote from: Beethovenian on January 21, 2010, 10:27:06 AM
Just don't click the button that says: "Please Use My Credit Card As You Will".

:o

One more reason to learn French.   ;D

AnthonyAthletic

Thanks to All  ;D

Hopefully I will have the account set up, when I get home from work tonight.

I should have paid more attention in French class, some 25 years ago LOL

"Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying"      (Arthur C. Clarke)