The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

Quote from: Brian on January 23, 2010, 11:10:56 PM
How many points do you have to get before it makes a difference? I placed a 28 euro order there last year (Complete Brahms / Brilliant) and don't seem to have any points being applied to my total.

- You have to use them within the next 183 days.
- You can't use them for orders that amount to less than 23 euros (p&p excluded).
- Each point amounts to 0,2 euros (so, 8 points = 1,6 euros).

Viel Lärm um nichts!  ;D

Coopmv

Quote from: Brian on January 23, 2010, 11:10:56 PM
How many points do you have to get before it makes a difference? I placed a 28 euro order there last year (Complete Brahms / Brilliant) and don't seem to have any points being applied to my total.

Some brick-and-mortar store/e-tailer combo like J&R in NYC has the frequent buyer program as well ...

Lethevich

The sculptor is a genius - he's managed to make Brahms look Mongolian.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Que

Quote from: Lethe on January 25, 2010, 02:48:42 AM

It's breath-takingly ugly...  :o

Q

Wanderer

Quote from: Lethe on January 25, 2010, 02:48:42 AM

This reminds me of a local sculptor commissioned to provide a (what proved by general consensus to be a grossly dissimilar) bust of a famous Greek actress to be placed at a suburban Athenian square; it was withdrawn within a month (after much procrastination and one disapproving unknown "critic" replacing it one night on its pedestal with an ironing board:-).

Scarpia

Like many, I've been tempted by some of the deals on the site at classique.abeillemusique.com, but in the end I resisted all of the enormous 100+ CD Brilliant Classics Boxes.   I just can't imagine listening to so much music.  The closest I came was the box of complete Brendel recordings on Vox. 

However, I did pick up two releases that I had been contemplating for a while, both on hyperion.

and

If I had gotten them for list price on Amazon I'd be out $260, it was less than 40 Euros, shipping included.  Now, the proof of a pudding is in the eating.  Let's see if they send them, or whether this site is actually an identity theft conspiracy directed at well heeled classical music fiends.

A reminder, if my wanderings on the site with Google translator are right, the sale ends on February 2.

The new erato

Quote from: Scarpia on January 28, 2010, 08:32:51 AM
Like many, I've been tempted by some of the deals on the site at classique.abeillemusique.com, but in the end I resisted all of the enormous 100+ CD Brilliant Classics Boxes.   I just can't imagine listening to so much music. 
I well understand that feeling. But I had been wanting the Haydn Baritone trios on Brilliant, as well as eyeing their Haydn Piano trios as a HIP alternative to my Beaux Art set. When I could get the whole 150 disc extravaganza for less than what the barytone set would cost me, I saw no reason to abstain, however much there is at least 60 discs in the set that doesn't interest me at all, and quite a bit more than that probably never will be played. Silly really, but such are the vagrancies of the marketplace.

Edit: I meant vagaries.  ;D

Lethevich

I have a similar problem with the Haydn box. I'm buying the component parts of that box for much more than it would cost to get them in the integral - the symphonies, quartets, keyboard trios and barytone trios. Paying more for them seperately seems to make me value them better.

MN Dave

Quote from: Lethe on January 28, 2010, 10:00:22 AM
Paying more for them seperately seems to make me value them better.

Heeheehee...

ammar

That's great Lethe; I can sell you my Haydn box 1CD at a time, 100 euros per CD, how does that sound?  :D

Just to say, I placed two orders with Abeille on the 19th and 22nd January. From the blurb on the website, I believed that they would be sent before 3pm next working day (all items were in stock). On the 27th, I received two e-mails (at 2am!) saying that both orders had been dispatched. I figured that they had combined the orders, but my 1st order arrived separately this morning (28th) via DHL.

Antoine Marchand

Quote from: Lethe on January 28, 2010, 10:00:22 AM
I have a similar problem with the Haydn box. I'm buying the component parts of that box for much more than it would cost to get them in the integral - the symphonies, quartets, keyboard trios and barytone trios. Paying more for them seperately seems to make me value them better.

I chose the third way: I have the Haydn box, but also separately the piano sonatas, piano trios and a lot of string quartets on Brilliant.  :)   

Brian

My order was placed January 24 (Monday 1am, French time); as an American I don't expect to receive it for a while, but it hasn't shipped yet, either.

Harry

Quote from: Brian on January 29, 2010, 04:48:47 AM
My order was placed January 24 (Monday 1am, French time); as an American I don't expect to receive it for a while, but it hasn't shipped yet, either.

To me neither, I am still waiting.

Lethevich

One of mine arrived today. The packaging was odd - it was sellotaped up with Naxos.com branded tape ???

Harry

Quote from: Lethe on January 29, 2010, 05:43:05 AM
One of mine arrived today. The packaging was odd - it was sellotaped up with Naxos.com branded tape ???

But the content was right and undamaged right? Sarah

Lethevich

Quote from: Harry on January 29, 2010, 05:47:24 AM
But the content was right and undamaged right? Sarah
Yep, all the discs also had plastic wrapping.

Brian

Quote from: Lethe on January 29, 2010, 05:43:05 AM

When Abeille Musique sent me the Complete Brahms, it came wrapped in Naxos tape, too.

Drasko

Could perhaps anyone planning to order from Abeille musique soon do me a big favor and pick one disc for me (unfortunately they won't ship my way)? I'd of course send the cash to him for the CD and for all shippings involved.

Drasko

Quote from: Soapy Molloy on January 29, 2010, 09:26:59 AM
I will be placing an order on Sunday evening, and will gladly add to it any items that you want.  Just let me know if that is OK with you.

That's perfectly ok with me. Many thanks my saponaceous friend! It's just one item, which I couldn't find anywhere else, and it's discounted on top of that. Will pm you the details.