The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

For that price I am certainly interested! Placed an order. Cost 7 Euros to ship to London, but that still totals to USD $23.

Thank you, Orpheus!!!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Orpheus on October 05, 2010, 05:40:24 AM
I would prefer a Jacket collection with ALL Casals' Sony recording, not a selection... ::)

Maybe so, but you ain't gonna get one for 16 Euros! Super-Duper Cheap Bargains, remember?   :)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

karlhenning

Wanderer

ammar

For those that missed it first time round, Abeille Musique have the Brilliant Classics Brahms Edition reduced back down to 25 euros + shipping :

http://www.abeillemusique.com/CD/Classique/BRIL93554/5028421935546/Brilliant-Classics/Johannes-Brahms/Integrale-de-l-oeuvre/cleart-29328.html

rubio

"One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain" Bob Marley

mc ukrneal

Warner Classics is 40% off at Presto. They have some potential sets of interest like Tchikovsky piano (with Postnikova),  Miaskovsky set (Svetlanov) and Beethoven Complete String Quartets (Endellion). Some of the prices seem pretty good, and others might be bettered elsewhere. It lasts through the end of the year.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Benji

Amazon UK £23.99 / $38 (8 Discs = £3 per disc)

Because I like to do your homework for you - cheapest new Amazon.com price = $48  ;D

Amazon UK £14.99 / $23.70 (6 discs = £2.33 per disc)

Cheapest new Amazon.com price = $34

Brahmsian

Quote from: ammar on October 09, 2010, 02:06:32 PM
For those that missed it first time round, Abeille Musique have the Brilliant Classics Brahms Edition reduced back down to 25 euros + shipping :

http://www.abeillemusique.com/CD/Classique/BRIL93554/5028421935546/Brilliant-Classics/Johannes-Brahms/Integrale-de-l-oeuvre/cleart-29328.html

It is an incredible value.  I've just now finally gone through all the discs at least once, and several spins on multiple discs, especially on the chamber music.   :)  I still can't thank Brian enough for the heads up on this (about a year ago).

Wanderer

Quote from: Harry on October 26, 2010, 07:41:22 AM
Thanks Tasos, in my ordering basket. :)

I'm sure you'll like it, Harry.  8)
Excellent performances; and the box usually costs double that amount.

Papy Oli

Olivier

Scarpia

Quote from: papy on October 31, 2010, 10:15:41 AM
I guess that qualifies as a bargain compared to the cost of the previous versions :

€ 26.99 at JPC

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/Ludwig-van-Beethoven-Klaviersonaten-Nr-1-32/hnum/1240643

And for no extra charge they add phony surround sound encoding, which you need to route through a dolby surround sound decoder.

Papy Oli

Quote from: Scarpia on October 31, 2010, 10:23:37 AM
And for no extra charge they add phony surround sound encoding, which you need to route through a dolby surround sound decoder.

I remember a similar comment was made about the sound when I posted about the sinopoli/mahler boxset in the same series a while back. I bought that set and personnally, I am happy with its sound... my ears and my setup obviously. YMMV  :)
Olivier

The new erato

Quote from: papy on October 31, 2010, 10:39:14 AM
I remember a similar comment was made about the sound when I posted about the sinopoli/mahler boxset in the same series a while back. I bought that set and personnally, I am happy with its sound... my ears and my setup obviously. YMMV  :)
I have the Schiff Bach set and have no serious problems with the sound of that. But why Universal would do a damn silly thing like this, buggers the imagination.

Scarpia

I had the Guarneri Beethoven SQ cycle with the surround sound processing and thought there was something odd about the way it sounded.  I replaced it with the Brilliant Classics version of the same recording and found it preferable.  I still have the Brendel Schubert cycle on the shelf from the same series but have never listened to it.