The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread

Started by Mark, November 13, 2007, 02:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coopmv

The problem with BRO is when a certain recording is out of stock, it can be out of stock for a very long time.  But I certainly do not have any qualm about its website security.  For the ultra steep discounts it offers on its CD's and the incredibly cheap shipping costs for domestic orders, there is no reason to complain ...

Coopmv

Brian

Coopmv

Quote from: Brian on October 31, 2010, 01:09:26 PM
Erm... what's the link?

Brian, this set may be the same as the set I have ...  No?

Brian

Quote from: Coopmv on October 31, 2010, 01:11:13 PM
Brian, this set may be the same as the set I have ...  No?

Yes, - at least I'm pretty sure they are the same. Same label, same orchestra...
Did yours come as a cardboard box or plastic cases with a "slipcover"?

Brian

Quote from: erato on October 31, 2010, 01:18:47 PM
the bargain price. 24 Euros.

Actually, I meant where did you find it. But never mind: Amazon France has it for 19.53 euros!

Brian

Looking around, most of the praise for Gunter Wand's Bruckner focuses on his cycle with the NDR Orchestra. But that box set features the WDR Orchestra. Is there really a quality trade-off? I'll cross-post this in the Bruckner's Abbey thread.

Papy Oli

Also this one :

€ 21.05 on Amazon FR - release 03/11
Olivier

mc ukrneal

Quote from: papy on October 31, 2010, 01:38:10 PM
Also this one :

Wow! About bloody time! For those in the US, that is November 2010.   :)
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Coopmv

Quote from: Brian on October 31, 2010, 01:15:34 PM
Yes, - at least I'm pretty sure they are the same. Same label, same orchestra...
Did yours come as a cardboard box or plastic cases with a "slipcover"?

Plastic cases with the slipcover that says 9 CD's.  But in reality, there are only 8 CD's since Symphonies Nos. 8 & 9 are combined.  George and I got a great price from an Amazon US MP vendor ...

Coopmv

Quote from: Coopmv on October 31, 2010, 02:00:33 PM
Plastic cases with the slipcover that says 9 CD's.  But in reality, there are only 8 CD's since Symphonies Nos. 8 & 9 are combined.  George and I got a great price from an Amazon US MP vendor ...

Brian,

Need to make a correction.  There are indeed 9 CD's in 8 jewel cases.  Symphonies 8-9 are 2 CD's in one jewel case ...

Scarpia

5 CDs of Faure chamber music for less than 8 pounds (+VAT).  That qualifies as super duper.  (I'd get it, but most of the set seems to be from the Hyperion catalog and I have most of it).

http://www.mdt.co.uk/MDTSite/product//92337.htm

Scarpia

Hyperion's please buy me program is looking good.  I picked up a disc of obscure Janacek orchestral music, and Symanowski (that's the best I can spell right now) piano music. 

Scarpia

This may count as super-bargain.  Complete Piano music of Ravel and Debussy, Erato recordings of Monique Haas, 6CDs for a bit over 12 pounds, plus VAT or shipping.

karlhenning

Quote from: papy on October 31, 2010, 01:38:10 PM
Also this one :

That cat was great in Saturday Night Fever.

karlhenning

Quote from: Scarpia on November 04, 2010, 08:01:01 AM
This may count as super-bargain.  Complete Piano music of Ravel and Debussy, Erato recordings of Monique Haas, 6CDs for a bit over 12 pounds, plus VAT or shipping.

Nice. IIRC, she plays on the Opus 49 Konzertmusik conducted by the composer himself.

Maciek

Quote from: Scarpia on November 04, 2010, 08:01:01 AM

Where?

Oh, OK, I notice the address you took the pic from. MDT, then?

Brian

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 04, 2010, 08:05:48 AM
Nice. IIRC, she plays on the Opus 49 Konzertmusik conducted by the composer himself.

But the box contains no orchestral works...